Carch's Avatar Senior Member
    For the off-road races at least, the obstructions are not random. I believe the intent is that you need to run the course a few times to learn an optimal route, then put in your best time on your route. I agree that the design of some events is rather sadistic, with obstructions just out of view over a rise, and rocks big enough to send your vehicle flying hidden by bushes.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by vizibal Go to original post
    I agree, traffic should be off for summit skills. It should be about skill, not blind luck. And spawning, as it is now is unnerving. Cars spawn literally in my face, the ones that are already spawned a little further away blink in and out of existence, switch from small car to big truck, and so on. Rocks and unbreakable objects on off-road races are a nightmare too with the few meters spawning distance.
    The traffic spawning is extremely unpredictable ATM. Sometimes it's present. Sometimes it's not, and when it's not there, it poses a HUGE advantage compared to those who have it present. I've had the pleasure of dealing with both occurrences, and of course having no traffic was the significantly more advantageous situation.

As it is now, traffic spawning is a "roll of the dice". However, because it's a SKILL and a COMPETITION, you, the players, need to figure out the best way to get the highest score even with the adversaries in place. I don't think traffic should be removed honestly. It just makes things way too easy, and I was just fortunate for traffic to disappear on me this time.
     2 people found this helpful

I've never had traffic spawn in randomly in front of me until after this update...draw distance was always fine too, but now bushes and whatnot pop up only 40 yards ahead. This weeks summit has been absolutely ridiculous with traffic, far too much luck involved.

joridiculous's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LegendOfGta Go to original post
    The traffic spawning is extremely unpredictable ATM. Sometimes it's present. Sometimes it's not, and when it's not there, it poses a HUGE advantage compared to those who have it present. I've had the pleasure of dealing with both occurrences, and of course having no traffic was the significantly more advantageous situation.

As it is now, traffic spawning is a "roll of the dice". However, because it's a SKILL and a COMPETITION, you, the players, need to figure out the best way to get the highest score even with the adversaries in place. I don't think traffic should be removed honestly. It just makes things way too easy, and I was just fortunate for traffic to disappear on me this time.
    As it is supposed to be a competition you cant have different conditions for the players. Traffic is BS with its randomness, spawn distance, and density.

Originally Posted by LegendOfGta Go to original post

The alternative to turning traffic off is to fix the bug that makes it disappear. Either we all have traffic, or none of us do. Otherwise there is no competition; because as you said, no traffic is a "significantly more advantageous situation."

To be honest, I have nothing against traffic in events. It's other players in skills that I'd rather have rid of.

DatWut's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    The big problem with traffic is though that it is random. Sure, if everyone gets traffic it's fair chances for everyone, or an attempt at it. However, if traffic blocks the perfect line but not for the other, one player will be at a disadvantage.

Traffic would only be fair if it always spawned at the same spot on a track during every run for every player. As in: programmed to consisently spawn in certain spots.

Originally Posted by DatWut Go to original post
    The big problem with traffic is though that it is random. Sure, if everyone gets traffic it's fair chances for everyone, or an attempt at it. However, if traffic blocks the perfect line but not for the other, one player will be at a disadvantage.

Traffic would only be fair if it always spawned at the same spot on a track during every run for every player. As in: programmed to consisently spawn in certain spots.
    Yeah but you can't do that, cause in events like speedtrap or escapes, you're kinda playing a freeride mode. It's not a closed event.
    I think the only way to solve this, is the option to turn it off. It will help new players to achieve plat more often.

Originally Posted by DatWut Go to original post

Be that as it may, traffic needs to be fixed so it appears for everyone and not just some.

In my experience, adjusting TDU2 traffic for offline mode. Increasing the spawn distance will cut out the possibility of traffic being in racing lines.

Personally, I finally settled down on a minimum spawn distance of 15,000 and as a result, I've gotten plenty of traffic spawning without it affecting my driving experience.

GSG-OBu42's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Son_Of_An4rchy Go to original post
    It will help new players to achieve plat more often.
    No, it won't. It will just give them more points, resulting in a shift of the overall denisity function, but the rank will be more or less unchanged.