WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    I think the only time I've used it is because I forgot it was a feature and wanted to see how it worked. Unfortunately, whenever I do that it normally gets me killed during gunfights because I forget to switch it back to full auto.
    Meh, I've done that too. But if you get used to it as a strategic option then I think it's absolutely useful.

When you're in close combat you need to be full auto for sure. But at long range..it can be very helpful.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Meh, I've done that too. But if you get used to it as a strategic option then I think it's absolutely useful.

When you're in close combat you need to be full auto for sure. But at long range..it can be very helpful.

I normally play Sledge and Jackal, who both have very manageable recoil from long distances, so I've never been in a situation where burst fire or single shot was a viable option. Who knows, I might boot up tonight and try the feature out on Buck or Blackbeard... I'm horrible with both weapons in full-auto.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    I normally play Sledge and Jackal, who both have very manageable recoil from long distances, so I've never been in a situation where burst fire or single shot was a viable option. Who knows, I might boot up tonight and try the feature out on Buck or Blackbeard... I'm horrible with both weapons in full-auto.
    It's all about the head shots brother. Doki is a mean mess with her dmr..Therm,Thatcher, etc can do the same thing.

Give single shot a try when you're making holes or at long reach. Jack is kinda close quarters..which I would not use single fire for.

I think there is a useful utility in single shot..but you have to get used to it. It's just another facet to the game you have to get use to. But once you do, you will see the usefulness of it.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    It's all about the head shots brother. Doki is a mean mess with her dmr..Therm,Thatcher, etc can do the same thing.

Give single shot a try when you're making holes or at long reach. Jack is kinda close quarters..which I would not use single fire for.

I think there is a useful utility in single shot..but you have to get used to it. It's just another facet to the game you have to get use to. But once you do, you will see the usefulness of it.
    I can do the same by tapfiring in full auto tho.

Originally Posted by Biggie-_-Cheese Go to original post
    I can do the same by tapfiring in full auto tho.
    I tried..but can't seem to one shot even with pulsing the trigger. Can you post a clip on how to quickly one-shot in the same spot using pulses compared to using the selective one-shot? I'd be very interested in it..

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Well i do think that experimenting with weapons locked to burst and single fire only in trade-off for lower recoil could be interesting, while they did try with clash, she's also experimental in many ways to actually be interesting, wouldn't mind if they switched Maverick AR-50 for a proper M16 that has better damage and recoil than the M4 but it's burst and single only.