does anyone use the selector switch? single shot, 3 round burst, full auto...

Ive been playing since launch and totally forgot this was a thing until i accidentally put my weapon into single shot earlier today lol. i cant remember anyone using this feature back in the day and im pretty sure most players dont even know it exists today which begs the question, does anyone actually use it?

If its a weapon thats really hard to control it might not be a bad idea to burst fire. If i could burst fire on blackbeards gun i would do it because you usually fire in bursts with it anyway

Originally Posted by Sam_vimes_ Go to original post
    Ive been playing since launch and totally forgot this was a thing until i accidentally put my weapon into single shot earlier today lol. i cant remember anyone using this feature back in the day and im pretty sure most players dont even know it exists today which begs the question, does anyone actually use it?
    Rof is king so no. Why worry bout precision and short accurate bursts when 9 times out of ten you can mag dump someones head. Plus aside from the Mx4 most of the guns that have burst fire cycle to slow which wouldnt be a problem with pathing but it is with hitscan.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    If you want to burst fire, then just tap fire or hold the button for just a moment, if you can do it mechanically with your finger, why risk putting yourself in a awkwards situation when the enemy is at point blank range and you forgot to set it to full auto?

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    The Two times i used it was by misclick too , i always tap fire so no need for a button to Change it

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't use burst..but I'll use single fire to drill holes in a wall or to snipe someone way out there with a supressed acog. Much more reliable..and they have no clue when you're one tapping them

The only time I use this button is when I'm playing Zofia or Capitao and I'm using their gadgets and want to switch between Fire Bolt to Smoke or from Impact to Concosusion

I think select fire is mostly redundant, I tend to use it only if I've been to trigger happy early on in the round prefiring etc, and need every round to count so I select single fire and shift to holding angles.

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    I only use the selector switch sometimes in TH, to practice my headshots with single-shot only, using my preferred operator at the moment (not always somebody with a DMR, which would also be used for this type of practice).

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    I think the only time I've used it is because I forgot it was a feature and wanted to see how it worked. Unfortunately, whenever I do that it normally gets me killed during gunfights because I forget to switch it back to full auto.
     1 people found this helpful