Thread: Casual | Forums

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_.Riddler Go to original post
    The issue here is not a problem with Casual vs. Ranked. The problem is that Ubisoft has serious problem with proper matchmaking.

Having so-called "tryhards" in Casual is fine. The problem comes when Ubi matches those tryhards against new players, people playing 'for fun' and so forth. If Ubi would match the Tryhards against the Tryhards and the New players against New players and so forth then there wouldn't be much of an issue.

So complaining that there are ranked and tryhard players in Casual is the wrong thing to complain about. Instead, you should be complaining to Ubisoft that they need to develop a proper, accurate, and fair matchmaking system.
    ..and..if you followed my posts/threads..you know that I was basically the only one asking for a preemptive casual MM back when the first boycott uprising was happening. Most members were up in arms about the 'new limited ranked map pool' for ranked. I was accepting that change but wanted a secure casual MM system in place because I knew it was gong to be an issue.

Now this unranked thing comes along to sway the casual rankers..but it's just not working..as I think it was intended for.

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Because Ranked has a limited map pool and ONE mode (BTW, I bought the entire game for the entire maps/modes)
    Fair enough. I get it. Me myself i like that it has limited map pool and they should take skyscrapper and chalet away from ranked too and bomb is most competive. But i dont get why they made this casual map rotation thing.

My only gripe with Casual is that the matchmaking, more often than not, just decides to take a day off and match me against people clearly not my skill level, and I don't want to hear:

"LoL tHeRe Is No MeTrIc To MaTcHmAkInG"

Because there is, there has to be because if there isn't, Casual would be far, far worse than it is now and by this point you may as well replace the matchmaking with a Server Browser.

Originally Posted by ThEHaCkeRThEoRy Go to original post
    My only gripe with Casual is that the matchmaking, more often than not, just decides to take a day off and match me against people clearly not my skill level, and I don't want to hear:

"LoL tHeRe Is No MeTrIc To MaTcHmAkInG"

Because there is, there has to be because if there isn't, Casual would be far, far worse than it is now and by this point you may as well replace the matchmaking with a Server Browser.
    Try being a silver and going against plats and/or diamond players in both casual and comp.. It's just *not* a pleasant experience. Sure as hell makes me not want to keep playing that's for damn sure :/
     1 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Pulu. Go to original post
    Fair enough. I get it. Me myself i like that it has limited map pool and they should take skyscrapper and chalet away from ranked too and bomb is most competive. But i dont get why they made this casual map rotation thing.
    You're talking about liking a limited Ranked map pool. Why do you like it? Because it's 'fair'?..and that rankers dont have to wonder why some plats are plats just because they got into more 'unfair' maps/modes as the other rankers?

Just wondering why you like the system..

Me and my mates (we are 4-5 ppl often) are only playing casual since years.
    We only played in Operation Chimera some ranked matches and decided its not worth.

Our reasons
    At least two dont want to do the verification which is required for ranked.
    Limited map pool.
    We dont like the operator ban system.
    Ranked matches are longer and you dont even get much more renown for it.
    Also the possibility to meet cheaters in ranked is higher.
    We dont care for our ranks or the rank of others.
    The rewards arent worth, too. Who needs a charm?

So casual is the only real game mode for us.

But something must be broken with the matchmaking.

I dont really play ranked, atm i am at gold but plat shouldn´t be a problem when i go with my m8s.

I had the last few days in multible games totally new players with lvl under 5 in my team! No smurfs, they were new.

On the other side i had such easy opponents (not new but unranked or silver, sometimes a gold) that i often got out of the match with a k/d of 3,4,5 or even 6

Either i am getting better now cuzz i am also new to Siege (40 hours playtime) and start knowing the maps better and better or there is something up with the matchmaking sys.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    I can totally understand the frustration of hopping into a casual match with some friends only to come across a five stack of Plat 2's, it's happened to me more times than I can count. I've noticed that it happens more often when a season is coming to a close and has to do with those ranked players not wanting to risk losing the rank they've gained in that season. One thing that I'm not sure a lot of players know, is that casual and ranked have their own separate MMR systems. So while they may be a Plat or higher, their casual MMR could be around yours, which is why you get matched with them in casual.

Maybe the game needs a casual mode just for ranked players.
    Im personally not annoyed by playing against them, but it seems like a good solution.
    So everyone who got a rank in a season is disqualified of normal casual and have to go to the other casual mode specially for ranked players.

In theory I agree, but they can't get their current matchmaking right, so why bother?

I'm sitting at 8 minutes and running for an Unranked match. The last Casual match I started, began 3v3 and just went downhill from there with people coming and going. Ended up 3v5. It's a joke.