UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager

Introducing Rocksmith Advanced Exercises, Vol 2

Hello, Rocksmith fans!

This Tuesday, November 5, will see the release of the Advanced Exercises for Volume 2. These packs originated with years-old community requests for more educational content including a focus on techniques and drills—and player feedback on the exercises continues to be great!

For this song pack, Notetracker and Rocksmith Exercise creator Greg Studley utilizes his expertise as a music educator and author in a pack that tests your mastery of the techniques included in the previous packs in the series.

With Rocksmith Advanced Exercises, Vol 2, each of the five exercises are available for guitar and bass, and the pack will again be available at the special price of $4.99 USD.

Is the the culmination of the exercises? I'm slightly concerned that it's taken 6 months and we're still at Volume 01 - the 0 implies there could be many, many more of these packs to come and if that's the case I personally would prefer it if they were released on a separate basis to the weekly DLC songs rather than instead of.

Thanks for the continued support, you're doing amazing work in many respects.
     3 people found this helpful

After this we have ... 6 packs left for the year?

Originally Posted by zenframe1 Go to original post
    Is the the culmination of the exercises? I'm slightly concerned that it's taken 6 months and we're still at Volume 01 - the 0 implies there could be many, many more of these packs to come and if that's the case I personally would prefer it if they were released on a separate basis to the weekly DLC songs rather than instead of.

this is vol 2 - wrong picture in the first image

Originally Posted by dallasdave22 Go to original post
    this is vol 2 - wrong picture in the first image
    Fixed
     1 people found this helpful

Cool, more money saving. :P
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by umbralez Go to original post
    Agreed
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by zenframe1 Go to original post

The initial Volume 1 image was my mistake, this is actually our third pack for Volume 2, and 6th overall exercise pack, to be added to Rocksmith. While we certainly understand that some players would prefer to see a new song pack, we treat this type of DLC as we would any other typical DLC release. These exercises can be seen as a way for us to broaden the type of content we are able provide players that fits well within our weekly release format. It should not be confused with a replacement for what would have been a new song pack release.

Originally Posted by umbralez Go to original post
    If you feel that you've mastered these techniques and don't need the practice, that's good! We'll see you next week for another DLC reveal.
     2 people found this helpful

I like these packs, but maybe they could be spaced out more. I would prefer that we get back to getting actual songs.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    Cool. I've been looking forward to volume 2 of the advanced exercises. The first pack proved to be good for warming up and improving my dexterity. I'm hoping for a little more variation in the exercises for this pack. It would be cool to see some arpeggio or sweep exercises.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►