croken717's Avatar Senior Member

Sprint-to-ADS

During games lately, I've been dying a LOT to people just sprinting into the objective, snapping into ADS, and drilling me before I know what's going on. I'm wondering if the recent decrease in ADS time, had an unintended consequence in that now people can sprint and jump into ADS with less delay than before? If that's the case, I believe that needs to change; that's a Call-of-Duty mechanic, and detracts from "tactical" gameplay. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
     1 people found this helpful

totally agree they need to figure out if they are arcade or a tactical game. right up there with ads will vaulting and jumping out windows.

Originally Posted by ArcAnge1.BAC Go to original post
    totally agree they need to figure out if they are arcade or a tactical game. right up there with ads will vaulting and jumping out windows.
    Amen brother...that too. Thanks!

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    There is Ela, lesion, kapkan, frost, echo who can counter rushes. Also barbed wire is good.

There is dozens things how to counter if someone just rush. Its 99% defends fault if attackers can just rush to site.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    During games lately, I've been dying a LOT to people just sprinting into the objective, snapping into ADS, and drilling me before I know what's going on. I'm wondering if the recent decrease in ADS time, had an unintended consequence in that now people can sprint and jump into ADS with less delay than before? If that's the case, I believe that needs to change; that's a Call-of-Duty mechanic, and detracts from "tactical" gameplay. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    The ads times from sprint have been decreased by the same 33% as the normal ads times as far as Im aware. I feel like that isnt an issue tho since you as a defender have a lot o ways to prevent a rush and you will always habe the edge if you hold the angle if they push it. Doesnt matter how quick they can ads if they are dead by your hs.
    I dont think siege needs to change to meet the expectations people have for a game from the tactical or acrade genre. It can be its own thing and really found a good mix imo.
    Edit: If they would now hire a new balancing team they would have a good game lol

Here is an example of what I'm talking about, on console. My only shot in the world here was a headshot, as she ran through bullets, and went ADS, and snapped to a lean on top of that; there are pretty unnatural movements, and I don't think this is how the game is meant to be played. I'm not salty about losing; I mean she got me; but this has become a meta lately, and I don't think it's how the game is meant to be played. On top of the decreased sprint-to-ADS time, I'm almost wondering if the snapping to a lean cancels out the animation from stopping a sprint, making you ADS yet again even faster? I don't think this is how the mechanic was meant to work. This definitely gives me a "Call-of-Duty" vibe, instead of being "tactical".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgHSAfYCT6k

Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    Here is an example of what I'm talking about, on console. My only shot in the world here was a headshot, as she ran through bullets, and went ADS, and snapped to a lean on top of that; there are pretty unnatural movements, and I don't think this is how the game is meant to be played. I'm not salty about losing; I mean she got me; but this has become a meta lately, and I don't think it's how the game is meant to be played. On top of the decreased sprint-to-ADS time, I'm almost wondering if the snapping to a lean cancels out the animation from stopping a sprint, making you ADS yet again even faster? I don't think this is how the mechanic was meant to work. This definitely gives me a "Call-of-Duty" vibe, instead of being "tactical".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgHSAfYCT6k
    I dont see anything wrong with the clip. Yes he pushed in quite agressively without adsing and still got the kill but if you watch it in slowmotion you will see that you fired off 13 bullets before you died and he only 2. He simply outaimed you but you had evvery chance to kill him there.
    My recommendation would be to lower your sensitivity a bit or adjust your crosshair placement.

Originally Posted by Biggie-_-Cheese Go to original post
    I dont see anything wrong with the clip. Yes he pushed in quite agressively without adsing and still got the kill but if you watch it in slowmotion you will see that you fired off 13 bullets before you died and he only 2. He simply outaimed you but you had evvery chance to kill him there.
    My recommendation would be to lower your sensitivity a bit or adjust your crosshair placement.
    Yes, I don't dispute that I lost that gunfight. My issue is that people can break out into a full run, and snap to ADS far too quickly. It's not realistic, and it's not tactical. This goes straight into stupid "Call of Duty" territory, which is not where it's supposed to be. The recent decrease in ADS times has had unintended consequences on the game overall.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    You had ads up..and was ready for him. You lost due to him because he ads so quickly?

What do you want? for the other guy to be gimped with slow ads..therefore making "camping doors' a part of the system cod style?

get your aim up so your first shots are headers ...

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    You had ads up..and was ready for him. You lost due to him because he ads so quickly?

What do you want? for the other guy to be gimped with slow ads..therefore making "camping doors' a part of the system cod style?

get your aim up so your first shots are headers ...
    No Sir. Yes, I had my ADS up, and actually fired first...so that brings up a point that I hadn't considered (thanks Coop). He was able to not only sprint, and snap to ADS on me, but he was able to do so right after being shot in the chest, without being wobbled....to tack onto the issue. He/she ran through oncoming fire like it was nothing, and jumped straight to ADS without any sort of pause whatsoever. It's not ADS'ing quickly that is my problem. It's ADS'ing so quickly right AFTER a sprint (and doing so while simultaneously being shot). You ever try sprinting with a rifle and snapping to aim in real life? It doesn't work like that. As for aiming for the head, I don't have a problem there; 4 out of 5 in this ace are headshots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4ghGF6DP4

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►