Mcfoogle's Avatar Junior Member

Please stop catering the entire game to the top 30

Before anyone wants to jump on me for this I am top 20 on Fusion and Rising so save your comments. As many of you know Rising is in a very bad state right now from my perspective hardly anyone plays it for a game that came out this year. I also really like Trials I genuinely want to see the game and Redlynx do well so that there can be more in the years to come. However I think it was a major major mistake adding ninja tracks and diamond medals that only top guys can get. Not including crash and sunburn most of the diamonds in the game are ludicrous and impossible for the casual players and new players. Then you got the ninja tracks which I get some people like which is great. But see the thing is the top speed runners are going to put crazy times down regardless they could care less about the medals myself included. Now let's use Fusion for example anyone could pick that game up practice it for a few days maybe a week and earn the highest medal on a beginner track (platinum) and they would be really proud of it maybe take a photo and brag about it and now they are in a good mood and decide to go on and platinum the next track and then the next so on. While with rising here I am taking 40 minutes to diamond the first track in the game and I am a top 20 speed runner so when a new player picks rising up they see how ridiculous the diamond is and they think wow I can never get that good and then stop playing the game. The ones that do not quit get to the ninja tracks eventually maybe beat the first couple and then say watch a replay of greenbelt and think to themselves wow that is impossible for me and or they do not want to take the time to learn it then they realize oh there is no way I can compete for score since there are a few tracks that I can never do then they stop playing. Where as if you had tracks and medals that were on the easier side for new players they would find the game more engaging and continue to play it and spend money on it. Whereas the people asking for hard medals and ninja tracks like myself make up such a small amount of people. I am not trying to start any arguments here it is just my 2 cents. Like I said I love trials and I really want to keep playing it for years to come but by adding ridiculous diamond times and ninjas it is just going to scare the majority off therefore there is no money for future trials games.
     2 people found this helpful

Totally agree 100%, and the funny thing is, the Ninja people are doing most of the complaining. "I want my viper back" said with tears streaming down their faces.
     1 people found this helpful

I don't really ninja or diamond, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having extreme goals for the players who can hit those levels. It's not a significant dev investment to complain about, and it well represents the spirit of the game. Rising has way too many legitimate problems to try to cast shade at its good points.

Anyone who is unhappy or resentful the game includes a few things for people who are better than they are has emotional issues. Yeah, when you pick up a game, you aren't the best in the world for a little while. Yeah, Trials is a game that encompasses a lot of different kinds of play, and you don't have to do all of them. This is not a negative, but trying to find more ways to coddle (they already hide ninjas and medals over gold, so as to avoid bumping baby's sensitive little feelings with scary things like challenge) such a disturbed mindset would definitely be.

No competitive/challenging game would have players if everyone left just because they couldn't compete right away. We don't need to remove things so fictional players feel more rewarded by having less game.

Devils_Demon's Avatar Member
    Sorry but i completely disagree with the OP. Diamond medals are great way to add longevity to the game. Let's be honest, platinum medals in Fusion were way too easy for any above average player. A couple of retries was usually all it took to get a platinum medal. There was no sense of accomplishment to them. You would get a platinum medal, feel very proud and then go check the leaderboards and see that 20000 other people got it too. At least in Rising getting a Diamond medal feels special. It feels like you really did earn that medal by grinding for a long time.

Originally Posted by Mcfoogle Go to original post
    While with rising here I am taking 40 minutes to diamond the first track in the game and I am a top 20 speed runner so when a new player picks rising up they see how ridiculous the diamond is and they think wow I can never get that good and then stop playing the game.
    Actually that would never happen. Diamond medals can't be seen by a player until they themselves earn a diamond medal. So only players that are good enough to earn a diamond medal will know that they even exist.
     3 people found this helpful

And here I am, still too much of a Sucker to Plat ęThe VestibuleĽ ��

I disagree with the OP completely. The Diamond is for the top few hundred players, and that's fine. It gives them a challenge to go for. Nothing wrong with that. The development effort is negligible I'm sure. As for the addition of ninja tracks, even though I'll never play most of them it's still a good addition. It might be something for players to aspire to. I doubt whatever development effort went into creating those tracks has had much impact on the overall state of the game.

For new players OP speaks of, the issue is the game will forever have a Mixed rating on Steam which is a turn-off for any casual observer, the map screen is a terrible UI, it has lootboxes which is a deal-breaker for some, and existing players have moved on due to the Track Central woes. If someone new does try the game, it has more average difficulty tracks than any previous Trials game, so there's plenty of content there for new players if they give it a shot.

I'm still trying to think of how the loot boxes are a deal breaker, they dont cost a freaking penny, they have nothing to do with the game at all except for cosmetics. Ninja's for over all score ran a lot of people off, that i know for a fact, was a bad idea to exclude 99% of the players because of it. Would have been easy to give ninjas their own leader board and kept the rest for everyone else like in Fusion. We'll all have our own opinions though, thats what forums are for.

Lionden, it doesn't seem to matter much that you can't pay for the lootboxes. A quick Google shows how much negative commentary there was before launch, with Ubi having to defend and explain, to little avail. Early user reviews were poor too. And for what? Totally unnecessary addition.

Iím ranked between 900 & 1,000 and I really enjoy the ninja tracks being in the game. It a nice addition to test the limits of your ability. Though few will beat all of them, most of the people who have unlocked them at least beat White Belt, and if you donít unlock Ninja you donít see it. I canít imagine how have ninja in the world rank ran anyone off, if they are unable to do any of the ninja tracks itís unlikely theyíd be towards the top of the leaderboards anyways.
    Iím not a fan of the diamond medal though, thatís more of a personal annoyance than a complaint. I play for platinumís which is basically the limit of my skill level, having diamonds in the game just makes it harder for me to get views on my YouTube channel because Iím not a diamond player, again this is a personal annoyance and not really a complaint. Iím still missing 2 platinumís in Fusion (Way of the Machine & Meteorain) and I heavily disagree about the platinumís in Fusion being easy, they were a lot harder than the platinumís in Rising

Originally Posted by LIONDEN1 Go to original post
    I'm still trying to think of how the loot boxes are a deal breaker.
    Many people are pretty fed up with loot boxes lately. Deliberately designing the game with this weird crate system (even though it's free) was an incredibly dumb PR move that worked out exactly like one would expect.

The crates are an ugly slot machine reward system, whether they are free or not. They add nothing to the game but nuisance, false scarcity, and pathetically token random reward conditioning, so it's easy to see why someone would take wasting time on crates as a bad sign for the developer's priorities. Which is totally true, as you can see from the patch notes filled with still fixing all the crate problems that never needed to even be part of the game in the first place.
     2 people found this helpful