Alta´r using his right hand instead of left to assassinate

I am really enjoying this game and its large roster of assassins, especially the ones making appearances outside their own celebrated titles in the franchise. The attention to detail has been great too, e.g. you can see Darius wielding his equipped weapon on his left hand as his hidden blade is on his right hand, similar to his appearance in Odyssey. If you look at Alta´r's model carefully you can also notice that he has a missing ring finger on his left hand.

However I noticed that if you made Alta´r perform stealth assassinations, a hidden blade will be unleashed from his right hand when he kills his opponent. I know it is implied in AC2 that he made modifications to the hidden blade that allowed future assassins like Ezio to retain their ring fingers and also wield 2 hidden blades. However, his character model here is from AC1 where his hidden blade bracer is only on his left hand.

Does this animation not bother anyone else? Just me?

Ima-Smakya's Avatar Senior Member
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...Missing+finger

You aren't alone! There are a few threads in which this was mentioned, but I could only find Omni's in searches. Even though it was modified centuries before their times, it seems some assassins chose to use the original hidden blade, would be my guess.
    I never looked in the console games to see if this was the case in those, as another came out as soon as I'd finish the previous installation.

Ima-Smakya's Avatar Senior Member
    Bayek also is missing his left ring finger, and has a slice down his palm. This is peculiar because Darius' time was the 400's CE (200 years before Islam, in fact)...

Still, they do pay great attention to detail, which is one of my favorite things about this game and Ubisoft!