Amazon UK have given me 28th December 2020 as the new release date for Legion (Xbox One)

Originally Posted by SimulatedComa Go to original post
    Amazon UK have given me 28th December 2020 as the new release date for Legion (Xbox One)
    If it isn't from Ubisoft, it isn't confirmed.

Urm I thought it was coming out in April next year so it's not a surprise....I don't get it OP

There is no releasedate set. I don't think that they gave a new release date for any of the new games that were now delayed. I believe that there is no new release date because they are negotiating some bussiness deal and before those negotiations are ended there is no new release date.

The release datas that you can now find on the websites of online stores are placeholders. December 28 is almost the most unlikely release date that you can imgagine. Why would a company release a game just AFTER christmas? That does not make sense IMHO.

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    December 28 looks like a placeholder.

I think Ubisoft will decide and announce more than one game's new release dates in the new year.
     1 people found this helpful

The_Roci's Avatar Junior Member
    I think it is a good idea to delay it away from Cyberpunk 2077. Plus Xbox project scarlet will be released in the fall of 2020, so a fall/winter release sounds much more likely.

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Roci Go to original post
    I think it is a good idea to delay it away from Cyberpunk 2077. Plus Xbox project scarlet will be released in the fall of 2020, so a fall/winter release sounds much more likely.
    Given a head to head choice between Legion and Cyberpunk, I'd play Legion.

Though practically, it might not make sense to release Legion right on top of Cyberpunk or Last of Us II.
     1 people found this helpful

I see it this way. Ghost recon had/has some major gameplay issues. After the backlash from the bugs and MCTX they are hesitant to do the same thing again. They clearly released it way too early....and people lost their minds because of it...myself included. So....they stopped the release dates. They are gonna make sure their games are actually ready before they release them. Then....the microtransactions. They taper those back a bit...but....that doesn't bother me...(cause I can afford them) if I couldn't...I would be livid. But...thankfully, I'm not. Then....the new consoles. Maybe...after they found out the new consoles were coming out next holiday...xbox AND playstation asked them (maybe with cash incentives) to push back their release dates, to coincide with the new consoles. Cant put out new consoles without any AAA game titles can ya...no.....so...I expect to see PS5 consoles AND xbox scarlett consoles designs for WD3. Possibly a Ubisoft version of those consoles. With the new assassin creed, skull & bones & WD3 games bundle. It's in the best interest of the new consoles to have Ubi games released at the same time as them. And Visa versa.

Am I leaving anything out? Oh...& possibly the epic contract thing. Oh....and the Cyberpunk and last of us 2 competition avoidance.

But I think the main reason is the new consoles idea. You can't have new consoles without any games. And....so far no games have been announced yet for them. So.. why not push WD3, AC Vikings, AND Skull and bones to drop in holiday 2020, WITH the new consoles. Makes sense to me.

Then...they can polish up those games and make sure they are really ready to be released. No bugs...downgrade the microtransactions, etc , etc.

Thoughts?

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234