Calibration - endless mute the strings

Hi,
    I've recently reinstalled Rocksmith and today tried to calibrate. My cable works fine, I can get past the "make some noise" phase. However after I'm told to mute the strings nothing happens. What to do to make it past the calibration?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    To mute the strings gently lay your fretting hand fingers across all the strings so that they are completely dead and not making any noise. Hold it like this until the mute the string part passes.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    there are some videos buried deep in the game menu system on playing for the 1st time.

Thank you for your responses. I'm fairly positive that I mute the strings correctly. It's not my first time doing the calibration, nor is it the first time playing the game. It just seems that something might be wrong with my settings. I was wondering if somebody ran into the mentioned issue and had a solution for it.

Lord-Flatus's Avatar Member
    Does the graph showing your signal level drop when you mute, or does it stay up high?

It drops like it's supposed to.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    when you play the guitar in an amp outside the game does it play right?

Play it loud then mute the strings.

Some guitars get "louder" when you touch the strings. That's a grounding issues and is caused by having reversed wires on the output jack.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Let us know if these issues have persisted, ayuchuco. Thanks!