🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rainbow Six Siege forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    automatic minimize

    Siege crashes to desktop without error in a match or automatically minimizes. I will try running uplay and game with administrator. It could be my antivirus.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,533
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    Siege crashes to desktop without error in a match or automatically minimizes. I will try running uplay and game with administrator. It could be my antivirus.
    Hey! That is certainly unusual, especially if the game simply minimises.

    Checking for other conflicting software would be a good thing to check for sure. We have an FAQ here which should help you: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025947/
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I ran Uplay with administrator, and it seems to be fixed. Need more sessions to confirm this.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,058
    Hey jailedfreedom,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    If the problems start occurring again, please let us know!
    Share this post

  5. #5
    The automatic minimize still happens once. I played 2 hours plus, and it did not crash to desktop without error.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Ubi-Town's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,597
    When a program minimizes it's normally due to some other software conflict running. Could you try to carefully disable any other background applications you have running 1 by 1 to see if this is still persisting?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Automatic minimize still occurs. Crash to desktop with no error also occurs. The only other program I am running is skype. When I get skype chat notifications in siege, the crash happened. I could also make exceptions in AVG, another potential conflict. I will exit skype to see if that is the problem. Running uplay with administrator did not fix it.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    I think crash to desktop without errors is solved by not running skype. I still get automatic minimize after restarting the PC. I think automatic minimize only occurs once with every windows startup. I was not running skype when the minimize occurred. Need to test if AVG is causing automatic minimize.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    The automatic minimize happens only once after windows startup. Closing the game and running the game again after the automatic minimize does not cause automatic minimize again. So, after the first automatic minimize, it does not happen again unless you restart windows. I will change AVG to see if that helps.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    I think I fixed automatic minimize and crash to desktop without error by uninstalling uplay, reinstalling uplay, and running uplay with administrator. I don't think it was related to skype or avg. I need more play time to confirm this fix.
    Share this post

  11. #11
    Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,991
    Hey jailedfreedom!
    If the crashes come back, you know where we are
    Share this post

  12. #12
    I spoke too soon. The automatic minimize occurred again, but it did not crash to desktop without error for 2 hours. I don't know what to do. Automatic minimize only happens once with siege after every windows startup.
    Share this post

  13. #13
    Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,991
    I'm sorry to see that this is happening again

    Do you have any apps running in the background?
    If so, can you please disable all background apps.

    Please let us know if this helps.
    Share this post

  14. #14
    When the automatic minimize happens, it shows "File System Filter 'BEDaisy' (Version 10.0, ‎2019‎-‎10‎-‎10T15:33:36.000000000Z) unloaded successfully." in event viewer. Why would battleye unload during play?
    Share this post

  15. #15
    Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,078
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    When the automatic minimize happens, it shows "File System Filter 'BEDaisy' (Version 10.0, ‎2019‎-‎10‎-‎10T15:33:36.000000000Z) unloaded successfully." in event viewer. Why would battleye unload during play?
    If you are yet to xould you try disabling any firewall / anti virus to check that it's still doing that. You can also add an exception to BattlEye if it is that causing the issue. Also do you have the game or BattlEye on an SSD?
    Share this post

  16. #16
    I disabled antivirus and allowed the executables in battleye folder through firewall. I tried making antivirus exceptions for uplay and siege folders. Both game and battleye is on ssd. I tried disabling all startup apps except the antivirus app that can't be disabled. Nothing works. I will update some programs. I will try making antivirus exception for battleye folder.
    Share this post

  17. #17
    I updated some programs, made antivirus exceptions for battleye folder, ran without any other programs, and disabled all but one startup app. Nothing fixes it. The automatic minimize always happen only once only after windows startup, and I think only after a few minutes of casual multiplayer. I have ran "system file check," reinstalled uplay, and validated siege files. No fix. At least the crash to desktop without error is fixed by running uplay with administrator. Auto minimize happens only with siege and not with other games. Updating graphics driver is last thing to do.
    Share this post

  18. #18
    Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,991
    Can you let us know if this is still happening after updating your GPU drivers
    Share this post

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    I updated some programs, made antivirus exceptions for battleye folder, ran without any other programs, and disabled all but one startup app. Nothing fixes it. The automatic minimize always happen only once only after windows startup, and I think only after a few minutes of casual multiplayer. I have ran "system file check," reinstalled uplay, and validated siege files. No fix. At least the crash to desktop without error is fixed by running uplay with administrator. Auto minimize happens only with siege and not with other games. Updating graphics driver is last thing to do.
    did you try to delete PLAYStv programm, if it's installed?(or any other video game capture software)
    did you try to disable xbox dvr, or windows 10 game mode?
    Share this post

  20. #20
    Microsoft game bar that records videos was disabled. I disabled nvidia overlay. I disabled windows 10 game mode. No fix. I will try to disable uplay overlay and install new nvidia graphics driver. Uplay overlay is important to me.
    Share this post

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    Microsoft game bar that records videos was disabled. I disabled nvidia overlay. I disabled windows 10 game mode. No fix. I will try to disable uplay overlay and install new nvidia graphics driver. Uplay overlay is important to me.
    you can try this as well: https://windowsreport.com/full-scree...-minimizing/#4
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  22. #22
    Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,991
    Hey Jailedfreedom!
    Can you set a case up on our support site and upload text copies of your system files so we can look deeper into this.
    Share this post

  23. #23
    Dermodemon1337 is a god. Enabling focus assist fixed the auto minimize problem. I wont get notifications, but it is temporary. The problem does not happen if I play a local custom game. It happens only if I play casual multiplayer. It happens only once during every windows startup, and you can continue to play without problems. Thank you for your support.
    Share this post

  24. #24
    I spoke too soon. Even with dermodemon1337 suggestion of enabling focus assist and disabling windows error reporting service, it did not fix it. Last thing is new nvidia graphics driver.
    Share this post

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    I spoke too soon. Even with dermodemon1337 suggestion of enabling focus assist and disabling windows error reporting service, it did not fix it. Last thing is new nvidia graphics driver.
    at least i tried, sorry
    Share this post

  26. #26
    Total bad news! So I stopped troubleshooting automatic minimize, and it happened again, then it crashed to desktop without error after about 2 hours after the minimize. I think automatic minimize and crashing happens only with siege. I give up. I have a threadripper 1 CPU and RTX 2070.
    Share this post

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    Total bad news! So I stopped troubleshooting automatic minimize, and it happened again, then it crashed to desktop without error after about 2 hours after the minimize. I think automatic minimize and crashing happens only with siege. I give up. I have a threadripper 1 CPU and RTX 2070.
    did you try to disable geforce exp.? and enable uplay overlay?
    Share this post

  28. #28
    I disabled nvidia overlay. I did not uninstall GeForce experience. Uplay overlay was never disabled as I have use for it during play.
    Share this post

  29. #29
    I have 3 PCs, and they all have the same problems. One is a threadripper 1 system with a RTX 2070. Second is a ryzen 1 system with a GTX 1060 6GB. Third is an intel system with a GTX 1060 6GB. This rules out faulty or unstable hardware. I either have a software incompatibility, or siege became crap.
    Share this post

  30. #30
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    I have 3 PCs, and they all have the same problems. One is a threadripper 1 system with a RTX 2070. Second is a ryzen 1 system with a GTX 1060 6GB. Third is an intel system with a GTX 1060 6GB. This rules out faulty or unstable hardware. I either have a software incompatibility, or siege became crap.
    siege became crap im 100% sure, like my cpu usage in this game(100%)
    Share this post

  31. #31
    Thanks dermodemon1337! I found a workaround that is waiting 15 minutes before running siege after windows startup. I tested this 3 times and had no problem. The crash to desktop could be linked to the auto minimize as it happened after auto minimizing. Some process is breaking siege compatibility and quits in a set time after windows startup. Strange.
    Share this post

  32. #32
    Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,865
    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    I have 3 PCs, and they all have the same problems. One is a threadripper 1 system with a RTX 2070. Second is a ryzen 1 system with a GTX 1060 6GB. Third is an intel system with a GTX 1060 6GB. This rules out faulty or unstable hardware. I either have a software incompatibility, or siege became crap.
    What common softwares / installations do you have on these PCs? Checking this could perhaps lead us to identify possible causes, as they may have a common denominator other than the fact that you have Uplay PC and Rainbow Six Siege on both for instance

    Originally Posted by dermodemon1337 Go to original post
    siege became crap im 100% sure, like my cpu usage in this game(100%)
    Have you contacted us about this issue at all, dermodemon1337? Have you also tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps that we recommend here for performance / technical issues on PC?

    Originally Posted by jailedfreedom Go to original post
    Thanks dermodemon1337! I found a workaround that is waiting 15 minutes before running siege after windows startup. I tested this 3 times and had no problem. The crash to desktop could be linked to the auto minimize as it happened after auto minimizing. Some process is breaking siege compatibility and quits in a set time after windows startup. Strange.
    Thanks for letting us know that waiting to launch / start the game after starting your PC helps the issue. Have you tested this further? Does the issue appear to be linked to your start-up process, perhaps?
    Share this post

  33. #33
    Siege automatic minimize was fixed probably by new network switches. Since the problem, a lot has changed like windows, game, and nvidia updates. Crash to desktop without error was fixed by running uplay with administrator.
    Share this post

  34. #34
    After many changes, including a new PC, I still have the automatic minimize problem. Crash to desktop is gone. I did not find a workaround.
    Share this post

  35. #35
    Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    553
    Hey nongenuine, thanks for letting us know the problem has resurfaced - that sounds most frustrating

    Do you happen to use Windows IME? Our game teams have noticed that at least Hirigana mode of Japanese IME can cause the game to minimise. However, this has been fixed for quite some time.

    Beyond this, it'd be best to look at this via a support ticket on our support website. This is because system file reports might be needed to diagnose the issue, and we can't transfer and inspect these via our forums. In particular, we'll need a DxDiag.txt and an MsInfo.txt. The two articles I've linked there will show you how to find each of them.

    Once you have those files, you can reach out to us via our support website, or via Facebook PM or Twitter DM, to send them across, and we'll be able to use them to investigate the issue.

    Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps at all
    Share this post

  36. #36
    Automatic minimize is fixed! I played 5 times with each time a different day, and automatic minimize did not occur. Did Siege have an update? I did nothing to my PC.
    Share this post

  37. #37
    Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,462
    Originally Posted by nongenuine Go to original post
    Automatic minimize is fixed! I played 5 times with each time a different day, and automatic minimize did not occur. Did Siege have an update? I did nothing to my PC.
    Hey there,

    Thank you for your update,

    It is great to hear that this issue is now resolved. There are a lot of factors that could have caused this change so it may be difficult to speculate.

    If ever we can help in the future just let us know as we are happy to help.
    Share this post