Tips and ideas for older/ slower players?

Hi all,

I'm back! Thanks I know you missed me. I'm the guy who gets a few kills, tries hard to play well and help the team but let's face it - I suck! And you notice. Often I can float under the radar, I get nailed but usually it's by a better player who moves fast and has pin point accuracy, that's excusable but there are also the times when I am the last man standing, perhaps now as the whole team is watching, hoping and expecting a clutch moment that my lack of skill truly shines! You want me to get into a room with three operator's waiting for me, sure, but don't expect miracles, chances are I'll get my head basted off pretty quick. Or I'm holding a defensive angle, my teammates go down and now it's up to me to win the round. Despite my best efforts I fail, out flanked, out gunned whatever, you get the picture. Bring the noise! Thanks teammates, I only play for the abuse

This brings me to this forum and some ideas.

- a lot has changed since I last played - 2 seasons of operators have joined (I played from the beta through the first year or so). That's a lot to learn and frankly I don't have time, I have to work and support a family dammit! I thought I would try the beginner mode to learn all the new content but NO ONE plays it so you just sit in a queue. I use terrorist hunt but It's not the same. I really need a casual for people like me - slower, older gamers I don't appreciate all the racist and childish taunts, Siege started as a really helpful community did you know?

- I do appreciate the new ranked play which hopefully keep s the likes of me away from the pros because I don't want to ruin their day!

- I'd like a mode to just experiment and have fun with. Terrorist Hunt does this to some extent but what about being able to just run a map without enemies to learn all the maps well?

Also if you know a good clan that would suit older crap players like me, drop a line.

Thx
     1 people found this helpful

It's harder to compete with these Adderall and mountain dew fueled try hards running xim adapters anymore. Increase your sensitivity, and try your best to learn the maps. Prefire, drone, and try to move quietly.
     3 people found this helpful

Honestly keep adjusting your sensitivity. I found the lower the sens the better it is especially on PC and for us older gentlemen.

If I remember rightly even top players like pengu have lower sensitivity (6/6/83 or something).

Perfect practice makes perfect. You've been gone a while, so it very well may be you just getting back into the swing of things. I'm 24 and even if I stop playing for just a week it can feel like I'll come back and I'm suddenly slower and less competent.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement, guess I'll get gud!

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    If you are interested, I also suggest checking out videos in the R6 Academy for tips and tricks!

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Well i would say to learn to use traps and unused odd spots people are not used to hit them hard and fast. kapkan traps in hte objectives are easy to predict, but if you are already in third round and noticed that one of them rushed from the start or all came from the same spot you adjust just tiny bit to wear them down and make so even bodyshots cna kill them or make them paranoid with roamers so they waste time. Most people that are good with character tend to be predicable for either playing safe the same so you make them paranoid or if they rush you make obvious traps that will punish that

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    On attack, I'd say to play an operator with good guns, who is also helpful from a support perspective. For example, Twitch on attack is great for slower players, in that her F2 will help you win some gunfights that you wouldn't otherwise win (you don't necessarily need a snappy pinpoint headshot with it; you can win with bodyshots); her primary gadget can drone ahead for your fragging teammates, and take out some traps and cameras for them; her claymore is also great for covering run-outs and flanks. There's more to this game than fragging; my wife moves slowly due to vertigo, but she does the things I just mentioned, and adds a ton of value for the team. Getting good at giving call-outs is another valuable contribution you can make; keep them as calm, short, while detailed as possible (don't say "he's over there"; say "Blackbeard crouched on your left", for example).

On defense, try taking a 1-speed 3-armor such as Maestro or Rook. Maestro cams can give intel to the team even if you die; Rook armor plates are always helpful for the whole team. Additionally, both have decent guns with ACOGs. Try to use cover as much as possible, and practice holding tight angles where you think enemies may peek from, rather than trying to run around on people. If you shoot at someone and miss, change your position; either crouch, stand, or switch sides.

Another good option on defense, is Kapkan. Place your traps cleverly in ways that they are on the blindside of doorways upon approach, or so they have to expose themselves by crossing a doorway to take them out. Even if you don't frag a lot with your gun, you'd be surprised how many kills you'll get from the grave with his traps, on top of doing damage to other enemies who survive.

Additionally, when using cover, try not to have whatever you are using for cover right in your face; stay as far behind it as possible, to do 2 things: make yourself a smaller target, and increase your field of vision (when you're really close-up on something, your enemies will likely see you before you see them, due to visual perspective).

I hope this helps.

I'm a well-seasoned gamer and I can hold my own all right with map knowledge and patience. But I don't cheat - so I'm not loaded up with recoil macros, dropshot/lean scripts, wall-ghosting, and all the other cheats and hacks that are rampant in the game. So when it comes to a twitch-based firefight where the winner is the guy with the best cheats and/or drug-enhancement then I'll lose. So if you're a mere mortal who plays by the rules then you're always going to be at a disadvantage in a straight across firefight. Best you can do is use map position and audio cues to your advantage and hope for the best.
     2 people found this helpful

Don't play hard play smart.
    If you don't have the accuracy and coordination outsmart your opponent learn the maps, entry points, spawn peeks, runouts, camera locations call outs hatches floor composition and control soft/ hard surfaces for breaching and vertical play.
    Be more versatile, don't stick to operator mains.
    Learn to play as many operators as possible effectively so when you're having a bad game you can support.
    Learn and develop attack and defensive strats game plans for different OBJ with multiple operators.
    A good headset and understanding the different audio cues. Learning when to pre fire, if you're aim isn't great learning to how to use suppressive fire effectively ( particularly with lmg).
    Learning how to set and spring traps, gadget and utility combination.
    The key to winning most maps in my opinion is how much influence you hold over each map as a whole rather than just the OBJ you'll get a lot of maps where reinforcing and defending adjacent rooms or rooms above in particular are key to winning.
    My aim and reactions are trash but I solo queue and finish gold 1 or plat 3 most seasons.
    I'm to lazy to get sweaty. and find teamates to be fickle at best.
     3 people found this helpful