🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rainbow Six Siege forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Connection on mobile hotspot no longer working

I have been playing on a laptop for the past few months on mobile hotspot because i do not have wifi. It is a T-Mobile hotspot with unlimited 4gLTE and i never had connection errors and i had pings about 30-40 but for the past few days i have not been able to access Rainbow Six Siege servers. It says Error code: 0-0x0001000B ive tried everything on the website for this error but port forwarding but i cant do that on the hotspot

Im connecting to the SCUS servers normally but now i cant get to any servers

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with any troubleshooting when using a mobile hotspot.

Im getting the exact same issue and exact same error code. ive tried everything on the inetnet to fix it, did you ever find a fix? it was working fine the other day, and it works fine on my normal network, but my normal network is really slow so i cant use it. it doesnt work on any hotspots.

Originally Posted by IToughieI Go to original post
    Im getting the exact same issue and exact same error code. ive tried everything on the inetnet to fix it, did you ever find a fix? it was working fine the other day, and it works fine on my normal network, but my normal network is really slow so i cant use it. it doesnt work on any hotspots.
    I'm getting the same error, it ran perfectly on my mobile hotspot for months and suddenly a few days ago it stopped working, I get the same error code and such. But the strange thing is that if I switch to my home network it connects to the servers, but considering it gives me 900 ping it's unplayable

Same

It's not just this game. Mobile Hotspot doesn't work with Farcry5 or Assassins Creed servers either. Ubisoft seems to have blocked their servers from working with Mobile Hotspot. Tried with a cricket phone and a straight talk phone. My mobile hotspot is more than fast enough but won't connect. I can play any other game on the Ps4 but Ubisoft games are the only ones that do not work

Did you ever find a fix?

funny think is when you switch to your hotspot in game (from normal wifi) you can play ,but when you go back to menu it cannot load anything , its just bugisoft

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Ink_Defense Go to original post
    funny think is when you switch to your hotspot in game (from normal wifi) you can play ,but when you go back to menu it cannot load anything , its just bugisoft
    Hey Ink_Defense, thanks for reaching out and bringing this up.

Just to double-check, are you saying that if you switch your from your WiFi to mobile hotspot whilst in the main menu, it will essentially result in a crash where you have to restart the game in order to continue or is it the case where if you change it whilst in-game, you can play it but as soon as the game is concluded and you go back to main menu, you're unable to load/click anything?

Let us know.

Hi ,yes
    I can load menu with normal wifi ,then I can without problem switch in game to my phone hotspot and play with much better ping result .When I finish the game ,menu cannot be load with my phone hotspot wifi ,so I have to switch back to normal wifi to be able to load my menu back.

Not loaded menu means offline menu ,i can still play offline with terrorist ,its just dont want to connect

I hope it helps

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi ,yes
    I can load menu with normal wifi ,then I can without problem switch in game to my phone hotspot and play with much better ping result .When I finish the game ,menu cannot be load with my phone hotspot wifi ,so I have to switch back to normal wifi to be able to load my menu back.

Not loaded menu means offline menu ,i can still play offline with terrorist ,its just dont want to connect

I hope it helps
    Hey there.

Thanks for clarifying that for us.

Wow ,

So ubi fix this issue for me 1,5 month ago ,when magicly mobile wifi hotspot starts working after I describe the issue to support.

And what happen today XD

IT DOESNT WORKING AGAIN XD

Its just unreal

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Wow ,

So ubi fix this issue for me 1,5 month ago ,when magicly mobile wifi hotspot starts working after I describe the issue to support.

And what happen today XD

IT DOESNT WORKING AGAIN XD

Its just unreal
    Sorry to hear that this is not working again for you. What is the reason you are not using your normal WiFi constantly instead of switching between networks? Mobile Hotspots are not designed with the demands of online gaming so we are unable to gaurantee that it will work.

Hi, I'm wondering whether you fixed the problem so far?
    I got the same error as you do, and I still have it today.
    Tried everything on the internet and nothing works.
    The game worked just fine few weeks ago, but all in a sudden, there's one day when I came home from work, the game wouldn't let me connect.
    However for some reason, there's one day (about a week ago) that I can play the game, but after that, it just came back to the same error.
    Please let me know if you found anything that helps.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by UniversalCQC Go to original post
    Hi, I'm wondering whether you fixed the problem so far?
    I got the same error as you do, and I still have it today.
    Tried everything on the internet and nothing works.
    The game worked just fine few weeks ago, but all in a sudden, there's one day when I came home from work, the game wouldn't let me connect.
    However for some reason, there's one day (about a week ago) that I can play the game, but after that, it just came back to the same error.
    Please let me know if you found anything that helps.
    Hey UniversalCQC, thanks for reaching out!

Just to double-check as I was not entirely sure - are you connecting to the game using Ethernet/WiFi connection or are you using mobile data instead?

Also, can you clarify to us what is the error message you receive as you attempt to connect?

Let us know and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Karl Go to original post
    Hey UniversalCQC, thanks for reaching out!

Just to double-check as I was not entirely sure - are you connecting to the game using Ethernet/WiFi connection or are you using mobile data instead?

Also, can you clarify to us what is the error message you receive as you attempt to connect?

Let us know and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Yes I'm using mobile hot spot, I don't have Wifi or ethernet at my place.
    Other games work just fine, including daily internet using (youtube, google, etc.)
    Couple weeks ago this game worked and playable as well.

Problem still not solved ... any help?

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by UniversalCQC Go to original post
    Problem still not solved ... any help?
    Thank you for getting back to us and sorry to hear that this is ongoing. Could you provide us with a full screenshot of the results of an internet speed test please.

If you type 'speed test' into Google and then select run test, then put the image of the results here please.

Hi, thanks for the reply, is this good enough?

we just got Galaxy S21 Ultra with t-mobile and i downloaded the game after i installed uplay.
    uplay menus come up but when i launch game i get that same error code "3-0x0001000b"
    i can play in offline mode (training)
    this is stupid as all my steam games work fine.
    its not the download speed.
    i get over 300mbps down.

come on ubisoft fix this!
    alot of people are cutting the cable cord and going straight to cellular as alot of those companies are giving 50GB a month for hotspot
    plenty good for gaming (if you already have the game downloaded.

fix this ubisoft it is on your end and my other games work from steam, origin, google stadia and even microsoft store.

the only solution unfortunaley is to use a vpn on mobile data, since ubisoft is actively blocking mobile connections which is so rude.

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for your posts about this, TDBONE1 and TheWaIterWhite.

Can you both tell me which mobile internet provider you are with, and which country you are in? This will help us narrow down what the issue is.

@TDBONE1 - so sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

@TheWaIterWhite - welcome to the forums! We don't block mobile hotspot connections. Rather, we've just not been able to find a common element to players having this issue, and as such it has been difficult to fix. If you can answer the question above for me, though, that'd be a big help!