UBI-Zuzu's Avatar Community Manager

Creating 3D Characters for BGE2

What exactly goes into creating the amazing human and hybrid characters for Beyond Good and Evil 2? Three of our Character Artists - Sébastien, Pascal and Anthony - participated in this year’s Zbrush Summit in Los Angeles where they talked about the creative and production processes for 3D modeling, and more particularly their work with Unit Image on BGE2’s two cinematic trailers.

Full article here.
     3 people found this helpful

GarretDanilo's Avatar Member
    I saw the Zbrush Summit stream and i love the complexity of the character models, but i'm skeptical about it....
    Even if BGE2 will be a next-gen game, can we really believe that BGE2 and the staff at Ubisoft Montpellier will be able to reach this high-end level of quality considering BGE2 is a live-service always online game?
    Especially after what Ubisoft have done with the disastrous Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
    I have my doubts. 😒
     1 people found this helpful

I been having no issues with breakpoint bro that’s probably your own connection lmao 😂 give them a chance the game isn’t even out yet

Originally Posted by JordanTooHumble Go to original post
    I been having no issues with breakpoint bro that’s probably your own connection lmao 😂 give them a chance the game isn’t even out yet
    I wasn't talking about connection problems...😑
    Ghost Recon is really a BREAKPOINT on multiple points: Bad AI, traversal, story, animations, bugs and the most awful microtransactions system to date.
    The backlash and criticism on Ghost Recon are more than justified, this isn't a conspiracy against Ubisoft or do you think the reviews comes from some crazy morons?
    I don't want the same to happen to BGE2, i want it to be a successful game BUT knowing and seeing what direction Ubisoft is taking with their games...i'm not confident enough about BGE2.

Originally Posted by GarretDanilo Go to original post
    I wasn't talking about connection problems...😑
    Ghost Recon is really a BREAKPOINT on multiple points: Bad AI, traversal, story, animations, bugs and the most awful microtransactions system to date.
    The backlash and criticism on Ghost Recon are more than justified, this isn't a conspiracy against Ubisoft or do you think the reviews comes from some crazy morons?
    I don't want the same to happen to BGE2, i want it to be a successful game BUT knowing and seeing what direction Ubisoft is taking with their games...i'm not confident enough about BGE2.
    You’re more than welcome to have your opinion, over all tho I’m saying give the developers a chance my guy. The game looks very groundbreaking with the gameplay no??? Imagine on next gen IF it that does happen in the future 🔥👌🏽

Originally Posted by JordanTooHumble Go to original post
    You’re more than welcome to have your opinion, over all tho I’m saying give the developers a chance my guy. The game looks very groundbreaking with the gameplay no??? Imagine on next gen IF it that does happen in the future 🔥👌🏽
    I have trust on the developers at Ubisoft Montpellier, Michel Ancel and the staff....IT'S Ubisoft that worries me with their awful greed and executives that just want to monetize every IPs and franchises they own.
    Hopefully the next Space Monkey Report will shed light on some aspects of the game or maybe at E3 2020.

HEY ! they should add Musical instruments in the game to collect and play as mini games ..pirates are famous with playing music
     1 people found this helpful

That would be awesome, however a bit doubtful on the minigame part. Perhaps just like if you found a guitar, you could press a key to sit down, and the actionbar changed to keynotes, each letting becoming a different tone.

Jade

I like Jade's concept art and final render.

Beyond Good And Evil 2

This game is going to absolutely amazing I can see all the fine artistic work put in by the creators the open world is going to be so amazing from what's I've seen, I see it being the game of the year if not much more, especially with some religious aspects within in the game allowing players to grow even closer to the game connecting them to something that is in there lives and within them, including all of the fun exploring and combat this is truly going to be amazing, I hope to be lucky enough for a beta of this because I can't wait no longer, ive Ben watching and waiting for so long now