F.i.x.e.r's Avatar Senior Member

Still having controller problems on PC

The following is my experience playing this game on PC with my XB1 controllers:

1- Pressing "B" to go crouched or prone often deploy's my drone instead.

2- Starting the game, pressing "A" when prompted does not work and I have to use keyboard commands until I get to the main menu.

3- Sometimes during gameplay button response seems to disappear and you have to repeat the button press several times to get a response.
    4- Pressing "Y" to swap weapons sometimes toggles my suppressor instead.

5- General control over my character is very clunky, almost like it's drunk, making even passing through doorways a chore sometimes.

6- occasionally character response to side movement (left stick) and camera rotation (right stick) becomes extremely sluggish.

7- Prompt "X" to use ladders does not work and have to use keyboard command.

8- Occasionally when depressing left trigger to aim, my character will just start rotating.
    9- there appears to be excessive camera shake at time that is really quite nauseating.

The ladder problem was not there at release on Sep 4th. This popped up after one of the maintenance periods.

not all those problems, but i have issues with the xbox one gamepad

and those "issues" will instant kill you on extreme, so, yes, we need a fix

Are you using wired or wireless I wonder? Had some strange control problem when I temporarily switched to a wired controller. When I enter the game with any controller I always have to flick one of the sticks to show I am on controller. Then the game shows colour button icons otherwise it shows the space bar icon

Originally Posted by LPMrpg Go to original post
    not all those problems, but i have issues with the xbox one gamepad

and those "issues" will instant kill you on extreme, so, yes, we need a fix
    Agree, but have several posts on this with not a peep from Ubisoft

Originally Posted by Podgy_the_Bear Go to original post
    Are you using wired or wireless I wonder? Had some strange control problem when I temporarily switched to a wired controller. When I enter the game with any controller I always have to flick one of the sticks to show I am on controller. Then the game shows colour button icons otherwise it shows the space bar icon
    In a couple of my other posts I went into more detail:
    I have two XB1 controllers that both work flawlessly on all my other games including both Division games, AC Origins & Odyssey, FC 3, 4 & 5 and more. The only exception being Wildlands where problems are fewer, mainly the unintended drone deployment bug that Ubisoft introduced with an update and that has been on the Internet for some time with no resolution from Ubisoft that I could find. Not only is it unlikely that I have the same flaw in both controllers if in fact they were the culprit, I have also borrowed my son's controller with the same results. I have verified my game files, deleted and let the game generate a new config file, used my controllers both in Bluetooth mode and hardwired all with the same results.