Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ECSemperFi Go to original post
    As far as " a lot of content" the only thing added since launch has been a raid, stop it.
    When i say content i mean things to do compared to TD1 in it's early days, there is lots to do PVE wise compared to TD1's early days and we ain't even got to the paid content yet.
     1 people found this helpful

LubzinNJ's Avatar Senior Member
    Free content wasn't the mistake, the mistake was saying they'd have free DLC year one.

Nothing that has been added to the game since launch could be compared to the DLC for TD1.

TD1 DLC was Underground, Survival, and Last Stand. Game modes that broke the cycle of playing the game with how it was released.

Free content they gave us was WSP, Resistance, expanded the exotics, added difficulty levels on missions, incursions, extended the DZ. All free stuff. Not DLC.

Nothing they have given us yet is comparable to the DLC of TD1, and in many ways it doesn't even compare to the free stuff they gave us in TD1 after release.

So to market it as getting free DLC when we've gotten a handful of missions, a raid we already knew we were getting, and a broken Expedition that not many people have high hopes will be fixed in TU6 is really disappointing, and certainly not worthy of the massive (no pun) applause they got at E3 announcing YEAR ONE FREE DLC.
     7 people found this helpful

I don't feel ripped off, but the Year 1 pass was definitely a mistake. The Classified assignments are the only unique elements of it, are smaller than expected, and I can't even see them on the map anymore.

I do think the rollout of new missions was poorly managed. They may have been better off releasing a new one every month or so instead of couple of missions three months apart.

As far as " a lot of content" the only thing added since launch has been a raid, stop it.
    Tidal Basin, Manning National Zoo and Camp White Oak, and also the Gunner spec. I'd include Kenly College in that list, but it was only available for a couple of weeks.

SuspiciousPixel's Avatar Senior Member
    free content is never a mistake but what looks like resources being pulled from the game to deliver lacklustre content is a problem
     4 people found this helpful

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    Paid content is fine as long as the game mechanics are good. D2 there are many issues still with game mechanics and gear and having new content with addressing the underlying issues will not keep the player base high.

Originally Posted by cn555ic Go to original post
    Paid content is fine as long as the game mechanics are good. D2 there are many issues still with game mechanics and gear and having new content with addressing the underlying issues will not keep the player base high.
    I don't think new content would drive people away. Apart from some bugs and RNG being steep the game is in a pretty good shape imo. For people who like to play a fair amount (I'm on almost 500hrs) getting past the RNG is doable. Focused loot is going to help that somewhat. And honestly apart from the raid there's no reason to really min / max gear anyways.

I liked the suggestion of a monthly release for the mission/s instead of hyping up an episode with only 2 in it and a bunch of balancing.

It did, but with the DZ, two incursions and Underground it was ok.

Just because there's a bunch of stuff on the map does not make it replayable. How long can you do control points or stop an execution lol.
    It's not like the underground was a different experience every time. After the initial cool factor of the generated dungeons, after a short while, they became predictable and started to look the smae, while the game play in the underground was exactly the same as the rest of the game.

This game as 3 DZ's (granted, I prefer the bigger DZ in TD1). And even the DZ gets repetitive.

TD1 had 2 incursions, but no raid.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Only if the quality is poor, if the content we recieved was the same but had a price tag on it people would be even angrier. I mean siege updates have been free and go say that every update on that game was bad because it was free and see what happens

pob709's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by III_Hammer_III Go to original post
    It's not like the underground was a different experience every time. After the initial cool factor of the generated dungeons, after a short while, they became predictable and started to look the smae, while the game play in the underground was exactly the same as the rest of the game.

This game as 3 DZ's (granted, I prefer the bigger DZ in TD1). And even the DZ gets repetitive.

TD1 had 2 incursions, but no raid.
    Well not quite the same you had killing 100 Hunters mask award and modifers all the time.

Originally Posted by SuspiciousPixel Go to original post
    free content is never a mistake but what looks like resources being pulled from the game to deliver lacklustre content is a problem
    Kinda this.

But TD2 is lack of different ways to play:

In TD1: we had:
    Incursions: Such mini-raids, face it.
    Underground: random levels with random objectives: "go there, protect X, save then protect X".
    Survival: Unique gameplay with unique game mode (or basically Battle royale lol)
    Resistance: Horde Mode (from GoW series).
    Last Stand: basically Team DM.
    A Big damn(and good) DZ area.

In TD2, we had:
    Raids, or longs Incursions.
    LZ activities: or UG' missions but with statics areas.
    Shorter DZ but with intense activites that encourage (unfortunately) more PvP activities than PvePvP.
    A much LONGER story mode.

Annnd....that's it.

But it's a good start, if you consider this game has 6 months old, in term of (free) content.

Sure, i'm agree this game lacks a lot of different ways to play/content, but i think it's a good start.
    I seriously hoped they will add more intereactions with the Hunters, like they did with Underground and Survival.

And if there will be a Year 2, i think Survival will come back (as the game designer told, he loved that game mode)