1. #1

    Was free content a Massive mistake?

    At 6 months in things aren't looking too great for the free content. I understand that only so much resources can go into producing it so it looks like paid DLC would've been better and given the season pass some actual value for money.

    This so called biggest update is 90% fixing mistakes that they're trying to pass off as a "balancing" patch. Even with the new raid it would've been lackluster content with 2 new missions and some modifiers for Kenly (Imo the most boring content to ever be in a Div game). How does this translate to their big selling point about a focus on endgame? Unless they meant constantly re-farming for builds.

    In Div1 we had underground by now. In Div2 we have 1 raid (only accessible to people who group up and find 7 other to play with) and 4 story missions (with almost no reason to reply unless an exotic is in it)and 3 kenly college "missions". How did the devs think this would be even remotely comparable? By the time they do release paid modes like underground / survival this game will be dead, dead. Should've known it was too good to be true when they shouted about free content.
     5 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    With TU6 coming, I think the player's buying the Year One Pass is duped.

    Because of this:

    New main missions in the Pentagon will be available on October 15 for Year 1 Pass owners, and be available for all players starting October 22.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    CJ Fresh's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,236
    I’d say so.

    After the first episode I had a gut feeling that the rest of the episodes would follow the same trend of 2 story missions and 2 backpack trophy side missions.

    Then the slow trickle of new weapons and definitely new exotics. The game felt stale from the start and it’s only getting worse.

    We had 20 something exotic weapons alone in td1, all the classified gear sets, and most importantly...we had various game modes to play.

    Now we get a single new pvp map and 2 missions and 2 side missions plus some named knock off gear...

    Crazy to me

    I haven’t played in a while but I’ll jump on on the 15th and finish that stuff and get right back off.
     7 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,643
    Clever title, can't say that for the post.

    The only thing worth considering from that post was asking, "Was the year 1 pass worth it?" Which is something you could be summed up in one sentence.

    I don't have it, but it doesn't look like it was worth it.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Kidult_ Go to original post
    At 6 months in things aren't looking too great for the free content. I understand that only so much resources can go into producing it so it looks like paid DLC would've been better and given the season pass some actual value for money.

    This so called biggest update is 90% fixing mistakes that they're trying to pass off as a "balancing" patch. Even with the new raid it would've been lackluster content with 2 new missions and some modifiers for Kenly (Imo the most boring content to ever be in a Div game). How does this translate to their big selling point about a focus on endgame? Unless they meant constantly re-farming for builds.

    In Div1 we had underground by now. In Div2 we have 1 raid (only accessible to people who group up and find 7 other to play with) and 4 story missions (with almost no reason to reply unless an exotic is in it)and 3 kenly college "missions". How did the devs think this would be even remotely comparable? By the time they do release paid modes like underground / survival this game will be dead, dead. Should've known it was too good to be true when they shouted about free content.
    The idea of free content is noble.

    No one forced me to buy the season pass, the informations about it where there, everybody saw what he get's. But don't worry, the pass will end in march 2020 and then you will have content to pay for.

    I still play regularly Underground, I understand that you wanna have a experience like that back, but it's also there and it's vital, even when I prefer it solo.

    I also read a lot about The Division 2 is dead, but I also know "dead ones live longer". Don't make the mistake to compare the game with the original, it's different, you don't have to like that, but that's how it is.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by TD2-Agent Go to original post
    With TU6 coming, I think the player's buying the Year One Pass is duped.

    Because of this:

    New main missions in the Pentagon will be available on October 15 for Year 1 Pass owners, and be available for all players starting October 22.
    Yeah that's the only reason I bought it. Didn't want to wait a week while all my friends were already playing. Div1 season past had pretty meh extras too but at least it included worthwhile DLC.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    pob709's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    614
    Year 1 Pass (£33 UK) was a massively 😂bad purchase for me. Free DLC has resulted in lackluster content and stoped UBI releasing (survival /underground type) content which could (if purchased) give players an alternative to what by the nature of loot games becomes repetitive grind of the main game.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Neo_Intended Go to original post
    The idea of free content is noble.

    No one forced me to buy the season pass, the informations about it where there, everybody saw what he get's. But don't worry, the pass will end in march 2020 and then you will have content to pay for.

    I still play regularly Underground, I understand that you wanna have a experience like that back, but it's also there and it's vital, even when I prefer it solo.

    I also read a lot about The Division 2 is dead, but I also know "dead ones live longer". Don't make the mistake to compare the game with the original, it's different, you don't have to like that, but that's how it is.
    Yeah not that concerned about the value for money on the pass and I knew Div isn't known for the best extras when I bought it. I'm just disappointed in the free content. I also know full well that only so much resources and effort can go into free content which is why I would've preferred paid DLC. With Div1 the last year of free content was the new PVP mode and west side pier. If I remember correctly it was the biggest content update for the game at the time. Kinda figured it would be the same but so far its just 2 new missions per update almost.

    TU6 has a bunch of new gear at least, can't complain about that. Just content is lacking imo.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Kidult_ Go to original post
    Yeah not that concerned about the value for money on the pass and I knew Div isn't known for the best extras when I bought it. I'm just disappointed in the free content. I also know full well that only so much resources and effort can go into free content which is why I would've preferred paid DLC. With Div1 the last year of free content was the new PVP mode and west side pier. If I remember correctly it was the biggest content update for the game at the time. Kinda figured it would be the same but so far its just 2 new missions per update almost.

    TU6 has a bunch of new gear at least, can't complain about that. Just content is lacking imo.
    I think Title Update 6 will change a few things for good. I play the game, but I prefer the original because of it's linearity.

    Don't tell me something about dissapointments, I bought The Division 2 because I was grateful for all the fun I had, and still have in the original.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    I can only assume the desired game modes will be coming in year 2. These episodes aren't really DLC content, they're missions being released to finish/further the story so they should be free. I suspect episode 3 will follow the trend with going back to NY and all.

    No the season pass was not worth it, the only good thing about it was having the specializations unlock so you don't have to run through the circus hoops to do so.
     4 people found this helpful
    Share this post

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►