busy work is definitely better in Breakpoint than RDR2, steal a truck shoot some stuff up compared to chopping wood.

I loved every second playing RDR2 but some things were a bit of a chore, quite literally
     1 people found this helpful

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SofaJockey Go to original post
    I've been enjoying Breakpoint more than Red Dead 2 (a game I eventually gave up due to boredom).

People like different things.

I'll recognize Red Dead 2's technical quality which is impressive.

Breakpoint as also a good game, and personally a more enjoyable one to play.
    Agreed it's a totally different game, have you played RDO since the summer update that released the profession's? I quit due to boredom as well, the update was far above my expectations though, uou should try it again, after playing the update, there's no way I could buy Breakpoint, not until a couple of months to fix the bugs and a significant price drop at least.

Originally Posted by Pgrec Go to original post
    it will carry itself forward despite the bandwagon of brain washed idiots who did nothing but complain about TaCtICaL rEaLisM hurr durr
    This comment tells me everything I need about who is playing this game and defending it.....and if you played GR in 2001 you know that THIS isn't a GR Game, its a Division/AC/Splinter Cell wannabe. If Ubi wants to turn GR into a Destiny - Division knockoff its their choice but don't expect those who have played these GR games for decades to fall in line.

I bought this game not having read any of the warnings thinking I was going to get at least more of Wildlands and boy have I been disappointed in what I payed for. I do think there is still time for Ubi to right some wrongs here and salvage whatever they can or this will just become another generic franchise absent of charisma and depth unlike the GR games of years past.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by SneakyofSneaks Go to original post
    busy work is definitely better in Breakpoint than RDR2, steal a truck shoot some stuff up compared to chopping wood.

I loved every second playing RDR2 but some things were a bit of a chore, quite literally
    The wood chopping is only in the single player portion, and it was only optional, I never did it. The same with all the other camp chores, they're optional.

RDO is a significantly changed mode since the summer update, saying Breakpoint is better than RDR2 is just blatantly false.

Tried RDO once and was like this is not for me,

I didn't say it was better, said the busy work was better, RDR2 was a better game overall but completely different, probably about 400 million dollars and 2 years more production better

jdkzombie's Avatar Banned
    Boy, this thread screams of entitlement.

"The sky is falling, game bombed, oh noes". "yu no am real gamr if like dis gaim".

Hell, I am enjoying the game aside from the occasional bug, and haven't bought anything in the MTX store.I wish to hell that Wildlands had as many enemies out and about as this one instead of gigantic expanses of open land with nothing in it but the wind.

I'm in my mid 30's with 2 kids. I did the whole semi tactical shooter **** in real life on my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, no video game is gonna match that ****, and to be frank, I don't want to play a ****ing game that tries to match that ****, I'm here to have fun and do fantastic **** in the game world, because in no combat theater are you gonna be 1 ****ing batman voiced dude taking on an entire army worth of combatants.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by SneakyofSneaks Go to original post
    Tried RDO once and was like this is not for me,

I didn't say it was better, said the busy work was better, RDR2 was a better game overall but completely different, probably about 400 million dollars and 2 years more production better
    The reason I brought it up was because someone said Breakpoint was better, but anyway, getting off topic now.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by jdkzombie Go to original post
    Boy, this thread screams of entitlement.

"The sky is falling, game bombed, oh noes". "yu no am real gamr if like dis gaim".

Hell, I am enjoying the game aside from the occasional bug, and haven't bought anything in the MTX store.I wish to hell that Wildlands had as many enemies out and about as this one instead of gigantic expanses of open land with nothing in it but the wind.

I'm in my mid 30's with 2 kids. I did the whole semi tactical shooter **** in real life on my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, no video game is gonna match that ****, and to be frank, I don't want to play a ****ing game that tries to match that ****, I'm here to have fun and do fantastic **** in the game world, because in no combat theater are you gonna be 1 ****ing batman voiced dude taking on an entire army worth of combatants.
    So you bought a game that's always been in the tactical shooter genre, not wanting a tactical shooter because you've done it in real life?

You'd rather it be looter shooter that's no where near realistic, even though there are many other games on the market that are already like this, that do it better too, and you call us entitled...
     7 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Pgrec Go to original post
    What exactly is the point of this and threads like this? Its pretty obvious people who have bought the game, and are actually playing it instead of spending their time complaining on the forums, don't really care if sales bombed or not.

Its a good game, despite its many issues and its direction towards more RPG style play. Not only will this game not kill the franchise (I laughed hard at that comment) but it will carry itself forward despite the bandwagon of brain washed idiots who did nothing but complain about TaCtICaL rEaLisM hurr durr and the MTX store.

These threads are pointless lol, people wont stop playing and more and more people are seeing the positives of it and are buying it anyway.

Ive played GR since 2001, and im sorry but you being a "long time fan" doesn't give you any brownie points. I promise you no one gives a **** if you label yourself an uber fan. You don't get special treatment, nor praise for it, so please get over yourselves already.

Once again, you being a long time fan means absolutely nothing. Let that sink in for a bit, you aren't special.
    You should care about sales. They determine the success of a franchise and whether it may or may not continue.
     1 people found this helpful

jdkzombie's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    So you bought a game that's always been in the tactical shooter genre, not wanting a tactical shooter because you've done it in real life?

You'd rather it be looter shooter that's no where near realistic, even though there are many other games on the market that are already like this, that do it better too, and you call us entitled...
    Nope. I bought the game because it looked fun and I have enjoyed playing it with the same military friends that I enjoyed Wildlands with.

Take your entitled ******** somewhere else child. The game has tactical elements, but is not a TACTICAL shooter. A ****ing tactical shooter wouldn't have a 1 man team who has 5 grenades, 5 gas grenades, 5 mines, 5 missile launchers, 10 syringes, wearing slapped together outfits, and carrying several different weapons platforms with a drone that never really dies or makes any noise, while also carrying several hundred rounds for each weapon minus sniper rifle rounds, who can fast travel, and mark targets that you can now see where they are through walls, that can use NV and Thermal with unlimited range while not actually putting any goggles on their damn face....The US Navy isn't going to send out 3 or 4 helicopters full of "operators" to see why a cargo ship sank out in international waters off the coast of an island, you use diplomatic means for that.

If you crybabies want tactical, go get a PC and go play a ******* tactical game where you need to manage absolutely every ****ing detail so you can get your e-dicks hard and fondle each others taints on how badass your gaming selves are.
     5 people found this helpful