It's Official, The Results Are In, Breakpoint Has Bombed...

First to post it, the premier Ghost Recon Fan Site -- which always was and remains 'the best of the best' GRN, or GhostRecon.net. Rocky the author of the forum post, has been a long term supporter of the franchise, and far more generous and forgiving than many fans:

"Riding on the crest of the Wildlands Wave wasn't enough, Breakpoint has bombed. One site has reported that Week 1 physical sales* are only 20% of what the Wildlands sales achieved, that's a 1/5 fraction, but it's a little early for sales comparisons. Critic Reviews are damming"

I'd add that Rocky's site has always been the best for inside news, being first, and is an excellent resource for all the Ghost Recon games -- he has a server that hosts literally every mod made for all the Ghost Recon games that supported mods, and some that did not.

One thing that's also interesting and very sad to see is how forum post volume on GRN reflects Ubisoft's progress, or rather lack there of, and the longevity of each game, it's a mighty long fall of well over three fold...
     27 people found this helpful

This is exactly why it gets annoying when you try to provide feedback during ott and betas and you get people flooding comments like "it's just a test" or "it's just a beta". The writing was on the wall very early on with this game. You could see the direction they were taking the game but unfortunately they decided to ignore the longtime fans and listen to the people who came over from the division and assassins creed to tell us all how it should be. Unfortunately this game will probably kill the franchise for a good long while just gonna have to hope some good alternatives come out soon. Too bad socom is dead.
     26 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by BULLETSPONGE360 Go to original post
    This is exactly why it gets annoying when you try to provide feedback during ott and betas and you get people flooding comments like "it's just a test" or "it's just a beta". The writing was on the wall very early on with this game. You could see the direction they were taking the game but unfortunately they decided to ignore the longtime fans and listen to the people who came over from the division and assassins creed to tell us all how it should be. Unfortunately this game will probably kill the franchise for a good long while just gonna have to hope some good alternatives come out soon. Too bad socom is dead.
    I think you are right, even more, many testers made enormous effort to measure sentiment with polls about features and even the game itself; 'won't buy at any price' at over 70% isn't just damning, it's devastating, even 30% hit would be an enormous hit to sales that would have any other industry reevaluating and reformatting...
     10 people found this helpful

What exactly is the point of this and threads like this? Its pretty obvious people who have bought the game, and are actually playing it instead of spending their time complaining on the forums, don't really care if sales bombed or not.

Its a good game, despite its many issues and its direction towards more RPG style play. Not only will this game not kill the franchise (I laughed hard at that comment) but it will carry itself forward despite the bandwagon of brain washed idiots who did nothing but complain about TaCtICaL rEaLisM hurr durr and the MTX store.

These threads are pointless lol, people wont stop playing and more and more people are seeing the positives of it and are buying it anyway.

Ive played GR since 2001, and im sorry but you being a "long time fan" doesn't give you any brownie points. I promise you no one gives a **** if you label yourself an uber fan. You don't get special treatment, nor praise for it, so please get over yourselves already.

Once again, you being a long time fan means absolutely nothing. Let that sink in for a bit, you aren't special.
     42 people found this helpful

Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Pgrec Go to original post
    What exactly is the point of this and threads like this?
    To communicate. There is a real problem in the gaming industry. Where are we supposed to talk about it? On cooking forums?
     30 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Uhnomuhlee Go to original post
    To communicate. There is a real problem in the gaming industry. Where are we supposed to talk about it? On cooking forums?
    Communicate what? People who play it don't care, people who are going to buy it are already ignoring the incredible amounts of regurgitated negativity and buying the game anyway because they realize the negative feedback on the game is more opinion based, and rooted in either 1) bias or 2) entitlement (or both in some cases).

So...what is the communication part of all this? This isn't useful information to anyone other than to reinforce someones negative opinions on the game to further attempt to trash it and sway opinions of those who clearly wont be swayed.
     14 people found this helpful

What exactly is the point of this and threads like this?
    To warn, and add emphasis for the unwitting that didn't get to play the alphas or betas, or didn't get the game for free -- the game's marketing is disingenuous, and very misleading, and there may not be many people playing PvP making MMS waits interminable.

Communicate what? People who play it don't care, people who are going to buy it are already ignoring the incredible amounts of regurgitated negativity and buying the game anyway because they realize the negative feedback on the game is more opinion based, and rooted in either 1) bias or 2) entitlement (or both in some cases).

So...what is the communication part of all this? This isn't useful information to anyone other than to reinforce someones negative opinions on the game to further attempt to trash it and sway opinions of those who clearly wont be swayed.
    You're projecting, it's your post that's pointless -- you have posted the same thing twice, for no purpose other than you're triggered, to take subjective exception to posts you apparently don't like for reasons you either don't like or understand or all the above.

These posts aren't for you or people that own the game -- I know this is very hard to understand, but reread the posts in this thread a few times, and you might get there...
     16 people found this helpful

You could simply ignore these issues and threads.
    But you don't.
    See? So do we.
    But thanks for your feedback.
     14 people found this helpful

It was pretty obvious that preorders/expected sales were low when they put every item in the game on the store and paid Lil Wayne of all people, to shill this game to his fan boys, to recoup some of the money spent on over 1000 devs working on this game. I personally am loving this game. Aurora is insanely beautiful and the mission design is actually really good for an open world game, but I know i'm in the minority, not everyone is a huge graphics **** like me. They just went too far away from the Ghost Recon name and alienated their core fans. Really dumb decision. Don't know what they were thinking. Ubisoft has done a good job these last couple of years, rebuilding trust with their playerbase that they lost back during the Assassins Creed Unity days and they just threw it all away with the way they monetized this game. It's going to hurt their wallet a lot more in the long run than it would have if they just simply took a loss here.

I played the game during the online technical test and during the technical test, you could get cosmetics/tatoos from the loot chests you find out in the open world. When I played the beta and saw that they took those items out of the chests, I knew something was up. Then I saw the Lil Wayne commercials and knew this game was about to bomb. Then I saw that they put every item in the game, in the store and I realized just how bad it was. The only thing that did surprise me is just how much I like the game lol.
     16 people found this helpful

I don't really see how the possibility of this game killing the franchise is funny to you. What do you think happens when a game sells like crap? Based on the cringey lil Wayne commercial I'm betting the pre orders were low. Based on the reviews both critical and player scores I don't think post launch sales are exactly gonny be sky high either. Honestly maybe it would be better if the franchise did die rather than "carry itself forward" in the direction ubisoft is taking it.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... Last ►►