Your MMR System is not reliable enough to put a hard limit gap to play with friends

We all know that MMR is not very meaningful to the real skill of a player, I can play in bronze and platinum and cant tell the average rank of the match, right now im low plat and a friend with pretty much the same skill is in bronze because we couldnt plat the placements toghether and he got troll partys in several of his matches, so now i HAVE to derank if i want toplay with him, i dont really care about my rank that much but i dont think its fair for anyone.

Originally Posted by Kato-._ Go to original post
    We all know that MMR is not very meaningful to the real skill of a player, I can play in bronze and platinum and cant tell the average rank of the match, right now im low plat and a friend with pretty much the same skill is in bronze because we couldnt plat the placements toghether and he got troll partys in several of his matches, so now i HAVE to derank if i want toplay with him, i dont really care about my rank that much but i dont think its fair for anyone.
    sadly thats how it goes, if they bothered to limit squads by the 'true skill' value behind the scenes (server side) this would be a much more different scenario. but my concern is, if he is of similar skill how cna he drop to bronze...... his starting MMR if he was at least plat 3 would be 2900-3000 MMR so your telling me hes lost nearly 1000 MMR or more to hit bronze, that either means he is not of the 'same skill' or your wanting to queue with a deranker. Ive had my share of ****ty games but I dont lose anywhere near that much as a plat3-2 player to hit bronze. so something is a miss on that statement

sadly thats how it goes
    lol