DefunctBattery's Avatar Junior Member

Weird scribbles in Giza

I tried finding some results about this online but have not found them anywhere. I've spent around 540 hours in Assassin's Creed: Origins, mainly because I'm obsessed with Ancient Egypt, hot sandy deserts and beautiful graphics. Honestly, my dream is to live in a sandy desert so this game really feels like home. I am replaying the game for the 4th time and this time I'm taking it extremely slowly, enjoying every single little detail and trying to play it as realistically as possible. During my strolls around Egypt I've found numerous little secrets and subtle details about the story but this very specific one baffles me. I was riding towards Giza from Khensu Nome and found a lone adze (it's a tool Ancient Egyptians used but it's mainly represented as a hand plough in the game) in the middle of nowhere. I stopped to look whether somehow some NPC got lost and dropped their tool but there was no one around, I only found some scribbles on the ground. Very important to note that this is not a hallucination, this is a physical object on the map. I tried figuring out what it is but to no avail. Is it perhaps scribbles of the Nile? I can't even tell what is up and what is down. Is it possible that this was made by the kids? Maybe the Hyena? I have no idea.

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Huh. Maybe a collection of animal tracks, maybe a map?

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there DefunctBattery,

First off, welcome to the forums! Very interesting screenshot! It does perhaps look to be some scribbles and also a combination of possible animal tracks like Locopells stated.

Very interesting though, thanks for sharing! I love coming back to the game and finding details like this.

DefunctBattery's Avatar Junior Member
    HMMM I don't think this has anything to do with animal tracks. These must have been "man-made" (and despite humans being animals, these aren't hand or footprints). No feral animal has hand-, foot-, finger- or toeprints like these. This was, as I said, also found right next to an adze which is something man-made so I do believe this has something to do with human scribbles. Those triple strokes seem to indicate some sort of markings perhaps? I'll try to find some more clues in the meantime and go exploring.