1. #1

    Never Escaping Gold

    I am so ******* tired of losing my rank and my chance of escaping gold just because I get teammates that either don't belong in Gold, or get a team so cocky they think winning the first round confirms the ENTIRE GAME

    So f***ing hard to try and pick up the weight of teammates that start slacking just because they aren't getting domed every second of every round

    To anyone who thinks like this, f***ing remember: The game is not over, until it says it's over
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    236
    Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    I am so ******* tired of losing my rank and my chance of escaping gold just because I get teammates that either don't belong in Gold, or get a team so cocky they think winning the first round confirms the ENTIRE GAME

    So f***ing hard to try and pick up the weight of teammates that start slacking just because they aren't getting domed every second of every round

    To anyone who thinks like this, f***ing remember: The game is not over, until it says it's over

    You should join our Discord, you might find some more reliable teammates in there!
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I've honestly given up on ranked for good. I just don't understand why incompetent people be incompetent in a competent game and a competent mode. Some people make it seem so hard... I've just chosen to not deal with these people and I just play casual for fun now.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Slammin. Go to original post
    I've honestly given up on ranked for good. I just don't understand why incompetent people be incompetent in a competent game and a competent mode. Some people make it seem so hard... I've just chosen to not deal with these people and I just play casual for fun now.
    Me: we play on defense.
    Teammate:Yup!
    Me: So time is with us.
    Tm: yes!
    Me: so its unnessecary to take gunfights offsite simply delaying them will do.
    Tm: seems logical to me...
    Me: so dont die on the roam in the first mi...
    Tm:*dies*
    Share this post

  5. #5
    If there was a solo queue and a group queue, I would care more about ranking. When I have to carry people with a higher rank than me, it just feels absurd.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    831
    Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    I am so ******* tired of losing my rank and my chance of escaping gold just because I get teammates that either don't belong in Gold, or get a team so cocky they think winning the first round confirms the ENTIRE GAME

    So f***ing hard to try and pick up the weight of teammates that start slacking just because they aren't getting domed every second of every round

    To anyone who thinks like this, f***ing remember: The game is not over, until it says it's over
    Well your win lose ratio is over 50% on this season and you have been gold since chimera and before that silver and bronze. Maybe gold is your rank? Dont blame teammates, you can solo que in plat if you deserve it.

    Same with me i solo que most of my matches and i have been stuck in plat since skull rain. But that is my skill level maybe gold is your skilll lvl?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Pulu. Go to original post
    Well your win lose ratio is over 50% on this season and you have been gold since chimera and before that silver and bronze. Maybe gold is your rank? Dont blame teammates, you can solo que in plat if you deserve it.

    Same with me i solo que most of my matches and i have been stuck in plat since skull rain. But that is my skill level maybe gold is your skilll lvl?
    I will blame my teammates as they are just as responsible for the defeat as I am. Sometimes they are solely responsible
    Share this post

  8. #8
    croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,327
    I've been gold the last few seasons, but this season, it's a struggle to get past Silver V; most of the time I'm stuck in Bronze. I feel like I'm actually playing better than I have in past seasons, frequently getting 10+ kill games...but just can't get out of this rut. It's normally only myself and my wife in a squad, so usually it's a 2 V 5, like the clip below. We get non-communicative, Call-of-Duty wannabe muppets for teammates who run in and die instantly, so every game is 2 V 5. Not having a full team is problem. If we don't clutch consistently, we don't win.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfrFOly54es
    Share this post

  9. #9
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    236
    Originally Posted by Biggie-_-Cheese Go to original post
    Me: we play on defense.
    Teammate:Yup!
    Me: So time is with us.
    Tm: yes!
    Me: so its unnessecary to take gunfights offsite simply delaying them will do.
    Tm: seems logical to me...
    Me: so dont die on the roam in the first mi...
    Tm:*dies*
    I 5-stacked with some friends last night and this conversation actually happened almost verbatim.... you hate to see it.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    I will blame my teammates as they are just as responsible for the defeat as I am. Sometimes they are solely responsible
    Happens nearly every time I solo queue for comp.
    Hell I've played with 4-stacks that are sometimes WORSE than me.
    Haven't played comp yet this season, I DID think maybe things were a tad better, but this post shows otherwise..
    Share this post