UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered - Mac OS Catalina Update

Greetings, Rocksmith players!

The Rocksmith Remastered update for MacOS users is now live! Primarily, this update adds 64-bit support for Mac users. We want to thank everyone who offered us feedback on the beta for this update, and we will continue to gather feedback on this update.

Please note:
    Players first launching this update will receive a request to allow Rocksmith to accept keyboard/mouse input even while using other applications.

It's important to note that Rocksmith will not actually be monitoring your inputs outside of the game.

This request is a result of Catalina’s improvements to Privacy settings and was necessary to allow the use of certain types of mouse input for MacOS. Denying this request will prevent players from using their mouse in-game.

You can change these options from the Privacy tab of your Security settings.

In this Update:
    • Add 64-bit support
    • Fix a crash at shutdown
    • Make in-game shop more reliable
    • Fix UI draw when game/app is in background
    • Minor bug fixes

Known Issues
    A list of known issues that are present in the build. As we apply fixes to the build, we will be regularly updating that Known Issues thread to reflect fixes and ongoing known issues. We ask that you please take the time to go over them.

We Need Your Feedback!
    Is the update working well? Is it not working at all? Did you run into a weird bug? We want to know!

Please make sure to share your feedback with us here so we can verify that the update is working as intended or look to address any unintended behavior as a result of the update.
     5 people found this helpful

UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey everyone! In order to reduce any confusion about issues with the beta vs. this new, live release of Rocksmith for MacOS, please confirm that you are on the correct build. You can find this in-game under options (looking for v165.394561) or from the Steam library (right-click Remastered > Properties; looking for Steam App Build: 4268159)

If you encounter issues with DLC failing to appear or load, please let us know which DLC and if there is any DLC that IS working.

When posting about issues, be sure to let us know:
    • What model of Mac are you using
    • What input method are you using (RT cable, microphone, etc.)

Any game crashes you encounter should also be logged by your Mac, as long as you are on OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later. To access those logs, do the following:
    • In Finder, click on the Go menu and choose Go to Folder... After selecting this command, a text field should appear in Finder.
    • Paste the path ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ into the text field.
    • Click the Go button.

Sharing those logs with us is invaluable to finding and resolving any issues with crashing you may experience.

• What model of Mac are you using
    • What input method are you using (RT cable, microphone, etc.)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    • macOS Catalina

Attempting to play Faith No More "Epic", the game freezes at "venue" and no song or notes play; external quit require. Crash log: https://gist.github.com/a58cf0e57567...3551def7cd147f

I am using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) with Mac OS Catalina.

I am using the release version of Rocksmith, build 4268159.

When playing "Living After Midnight" in Learn a Song on the Rhythm path, some notes have changed from what existed prior to the Beta and new release.

If you watch the first part of this video, you will see the song begins with two bar chords on the 7th fret of the A string (yellow) followed by an open A. This is how it used to be for me.

This is how it looks for me now (I didn't record sound). Instead of the yellow open A, there is a red open E. If I play the A as I did in the past, no error is recorded (and that is what I play in this example):

iMac Catalina Rocksmith Hanging

Hi,

I updated to Catalina. Updated Steam. Updated Rocksmith.

The game opens and I can go to Learn a Song. Select a song. When I launch the song to play it hangs indefinitely (have left it sitting for an hour). Ultimately I have to hard exit the game.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Tdub

Just bought new iMac with catalina and rocksmith won't load

Hi I just bought a new 27" imac, and ported rocksmith and steam over from my old machine. Steam loads correctly, but when I click on Rocksmith Remastered it says "An error occured while updating Rocksmith 2014 - Remastered. Error unknown." What should I do next -- it give me no options for reloading the update.

Since updating to Catlina, Rocksmith won't even start. I've tried all the basic suggestions on the generic Steam support page (https://help.steampowered.com/en/wiz...221680&error=1), Restart Computer, Clear Download Cache, Repair Library Folder, Verify Local Files etc. - nothing. I try and run RS from Steam and just immediately get this:

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by timthebassmans Go to original post
    Since updating to Catlina, Rocksmith won't even start. I've tried all the basic suggestions on the generic Steam support page (https://help.steampowered.com/en/wiz...221680&error=1), Restart Computer, Clear Download Cache, Repair Library Folder, Verify Local Files etc. - nothing. I try and run RS from Steam and just immediately get this:
    Originally Posted by timthebassmans Go to original post
    Hi Tim,

Please reach out to our Support Team with this info, screenshot and any other details you have including you MacOS.

Thank you
     1 people found this helpful

I get this too :-(