View Poll Results: Should the ranked level requirements be increased?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 40.00%
  • No

    3 60.00%
  1. #1

    Should the Ranked level requirement be increased?

    Currently think the level requirement is a little too low, by increasing it would make people play unranked before going into ranked a bit more.

    Done a quick positive/negative but really can't think of much.

    Positives:
    • People more like to play unranked prior to ranked a bit more
    • Smurfs can't as quickly get into ranked
    • Better for team mates that have a higher level new player than one that just got to 30 and jumped straight into ranked


    Negatives
    • A few less new people playing ranked?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by D4NW0LF Go to original post
    Currently think the level requirement is a little too low, by increasing it would make people play unranked before going into ranked a bit more.

    Done a quick positive/negative but really can't think of much.

    Positives:
    • People more like to play unranked prior to ranked a bit more
    • Smurfs can't as quickly get into ranked
    • Better for team mates that have a higher level new player than one that just got to 30 and jumped straight into ranked


    Negatives
    • A few less new people playing ranked?

    Totally agree with you. This should happen lvl 100 should be required for ranked. However ubi stated they want ranked to be the main mode for everyone so its probably not gonna happen.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    So I think 100 maybe too high initially. It's currently set at 30, could easily see that doubled to 60 and that potentially still being a little low but would be a good starting point.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Thought I'd give this a little bump and to the guy who voted no, care to comment? Would love to see some more info from that side of the coin.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    I don't really think there is much of a good answer to this. You can either raise it too much or not enough, I don't really see a just right. Level 40's are still relatively new, but while level 100's are a little more experienced, it is quite the trek and some players may not be too interested in grinding the XP.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    I don't really think there is much of a good answer to this. You can either raise it too much or not enough, I don't really see a just right. Level 40's are still relatively new, but while level 100's are a little more experienced, it is quite the trek and some players may not be too interested in grinding the XP.
    Valid points, XP is pretty easy to get though especially in unranked and while level 40s are still relatively new, still better than the current setting of 30 surely?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    831
    I dont know why people always "fear" smurfs, they are just people not gods

    Level 30 is good, if people want play ranked early let them, they dont gonna get gold-diamond anyway cos they are not that good. You learn to play better in ranked anyway.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by D4NW0LF Go to original post
    Valid points, XP is pretty easy to get though especially in unranked and while level 40s are still relatively new, still better than the current setting of 30 surely?
    I mean if XP is easy to get in Unranked a 10 level difference might not make such a difference in skill.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Pulu. Go to original post
    I dont know why people always "fear" smurfs, they are just people not gods

    Level 30 is good, if people want play ranked early let them, they dont gonna get gold-diamond anyway cos they are not that good. You learn to play better in ranked anyway.
    People "fear" smurfs because while they are down in Copper/Bronze/ and possibly Silver trying to learn the game, smurfs come in and just dunk on them by serving up a platter of Diamond ranked Sweat.

    Bronze: Oh boy! I can't wait to learn how to play this game!
    Squad of Smurfing Diamonds: Allow us to introduce ourselves
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Pulu. Go to original post
    I dont know why people always "fear" smurfs, they are just people not gods

    Level 30 is good, if people want play ranked early let them, they dont gonna get gold-diamond anyway cos they are not that good. You learn to play better in ranked anyway.
    I don't think people really fear smurfs, they just got annoyed if say a plat is smurfing in silver, which is understandable.

    Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    I mean if XP is easy to get in Unranked a 10 level difference might not make such a difference in skill.
    Very true, I'd be fine with it staying as is but at the same time with how the game has aged and new people still coming in I kinda feel that newer players need a little more practice before ranked. So maybe 40 would be too low but at least it's a fair initial test. Ideally I think 60-80 would be the golden zone and probably more so 60 than 80.
    Share this post