UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer

Introducing Rocksmith Intermediate Exercises, Vol 2

Hello, Rocksmith fans!

This Tuesday, October 8 will see the continuation of Volume 2 of the Rocksmith Intermediate Exercises. These packs originated with years-old community requests for more educational content including a focus on techniques and drills—and player feedback on the exercises continues to be great!

For this song pack, Notetracker and Rocksmith Exercise creator Greg Studley utilizes his expertise as a music educator and author in a pack that tests your mastery of the techniques included in the previous packs in the series.

With Rocksmith Intermediate Exercises, Vol 2, each of the five exercises are available for guitar and bass, and the pack will again be available at the special price of $4.99 USD.
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Licensing is still really hard.
     6 people found this helpful

kidmeatball's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice. I love these exercises. Great way to warm up without all the clunkiness of the lessons section.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    Licensing is still really hard.
    Patience... I'm predicting this is a buildup period. We're not getting as many new songs as we'd like - not because they aren't working on them, but because they're stockpiling them to include in a big bundle for Christmas or a new version (or both at once!!!)
     6 people found this helpful

Looking forwards to some scales exercise!

courseiam's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by twoshay112 Go to original post
    Patience... I'm predicting this is a buildup period. We're not getting as many new songs as we'd like - not because they aren't working on them, but because they're stockpiling them to include in a big bundle for Christmas or a new version (or both at once!!!)
    Hope you're right, but I have my doubts.
     4 people found this helpful

I don't mind some decent exercises but I wish there was a special place for it .... it clutters up my DLC list.

Same here ... scales are always nice to learn.
     2 people found this helpful

Femacejo's Avatar Member
    We need a way to incorporate/test these exercises in Session Mode.

I have not found a realistic way to use these exercises outside of the exercise itself.

It would be nice if the RS team found a way to show us how to mix them in with Session Mode for a more realistic way to practice.

The way it is set up now, I do it once and then stop doing them. Not the sort of exercises I was hoping for.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Femacejo Go to original post
    We need a way to incorporate/test these exercises in Session Mode.

I have not found a realistic way to use these exercises outside of the exercise itself.

It would be nice if the RS team found a way to show us how to mix them in with Session Mode for a more realistic way to practice.

The way it is set up now, I do it once and then stop doing them. Not the sort of exercises I was hoping for.
    So far they've only been linear exercises (every sequential fret), so they're not going to work musically with Session Mode or anything else anyway. I think they're only useful as finger-dexterity/speed exercises so far.

It would be nice to get some more musical exercises, like scales or coils (play 3-4 notes ascending in a scale then 2-3 descending, then 3-4 ascending, etc.), or sweeps. I guess I had envisioned that each block in the song could be a different pattern, tracked at a high tempo, that could be slowed down and worked up to full-speed individually.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    If people want picking notes in a never-ending pattern, try the 50's and 60's packs like the surf pack, Booker T, etc.

i wish my pinky was .25 inches longer. TWSS.