UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager

Studio Update: In-Game Purchasable Content

Studio Update –

We have seen a lot of discussion on our in-game purchasable content and wish to address it for our players.

Overall Philosophy

With Ghost Recon Breakpoint, we always aimed at offering a fair and rewarding experience to our players however they want to experience our game, in solo, co-op, PvE or PvP.

From the beginning, two key factors stood out as extremely important for the team.
    1. That Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint doesn’t include any pay-to-win elements.
    2. To make sure that players not choosing to engage with in-game purchases do not see their experience affected. Players will be able to unlock skills and get access to plenty of varied loot & items by simply playing the game.

Time Savers

We are aware that during the Early Access of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint on October 1st, some Time-Savers items (Skill Point bundles, XP Boosters, parts bundles for advanced weapon upgrades) were available for purchase for a few hours in our Store but this was not our intention and was an error on our behalf.

These items were designed as an optional way for players arriving later to the game (Post-Launch) to catch up with those who have been playing for longer and enjoy our co-op and challenging end-game experiences. These Time-Savers have since been removed from our Store for now.

Time-Savers were not designed to grant any advantage over players choosing not to use them. Additionally, Ghost War PVP has been carefully balanced to ensure that no matter your experience as a player, no one has a critical advantage based on their progression.

Live Game Updates

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a live game and will grow over time as we listen to players’ feedback. We will continue to evaluate the game’s performance and provide updates on all aspects of our game (including balancing, RPG elements, Dev Q&As etc.) on a regular basis that can be found here:

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates

We hope this clarifies any confusion caused and we thank you for taking the time to read this update. Please continue to share your feedback with us, we highly appreciate the time you take to share your experiences with our game.

Our team will be monitoring the game’s economy and balancing carefully.

From all of our studio, we wish you a great time in Auroa. See you there, Ghosts.

/The Ghost Recon Breakpoint Team
     24 people found this helpful

Thanks for the Clarity.

Just keep the spit and polish thing going, along with the support. After all, you guys did sell season passes. The game is an AAA title. Treat it like one.
     12 people found this helpful

YukiFA's Avatar Member
    Put the weapon parts time savers back in the game but in Maria's store for the same price in Skreds.
     12 people found this helpful

"Studio Update –

We have seen a lot of discussion on our in-game purchasable content and wish to address it for our players"

We appreciate the update, but if you saw a lot of discussion regarding in game purchasable content did you ignore the larger discussions about how the game has so many issues and the majority of your players are not happy with the direction you took GR? No response to any of the several very detailed discussions regarding overall issues with the game, but you respond to in-game purchases? Come on UBI time to be real honest about Breakpoint and address the bigger issues and complaints.
    Thank you
     23 people found this helpful

YukiFA's Avatar Member
    The weapon parts time saver problem is an issue of your own making. You could've just had the mark of a weapon tied to the skill; level up the skill, all weapons go up a mark. Or you could have just not had the weapon mark system at all. But then you wouldn't have been able to try to sell a solution to a problem you created.

This is Battlefront 2017 all over again. Or Assassin's Creed Origins all over again. Or Assassin's Creed Odyssey all over again. But then again, at least in Assassin's Creed crafting materials are easy enough to come by at the blacksmiths in game for in game money.
     2 people found this helpful

Hitman47x.'s Avatar Member

No need to explain yourselves.

You don't owe anybody any kind of reason or excuse. You have done nothing wrong. The people themselves are to blame as they are not capable of realizing or understanding the absolute fact that nothing is forced upon them. They are not forced to buy anything that they don't want to buy. They can't comprehend this no matter how much sense I try to knock into them. The mass hysteria has severely infected people all across the gaming community.

Keep doing your thing Ubisoft.

*Disclaimer* Under no circumstances am I making personal attacks against anybody here. I'm just speaking in general terms about how this irrational hatred of micrtransactions has caused a total mass hysteria amongst the entire gaming community. (except for myself that is. Because I know there is NO problem at all. If I don't want to buy something, I just DON'T buy it. But if I do want to buy something, then I should have the right to do so).
     7 people found this helpful

It's pretty clear that this game was designed from the ground up for full spectrum monetization, with only the barest lip service paid to creating a deep, immersive, authentic Ghost Recon experience. From the tiered loot and gear scores, to the social hub, to the shop system in Erewhon, it is painfully obvious that this game is the culmination of an insidious, years-long effort to bring all the Ubisoft franchises to the point where they can be fully monetized at every level of the game.

I have been playing this franchise since the beginning, and it is my favorite game franchise of all time. Despite its detractors I loved Wildlands, especially Ghost Mode. I loved the open world, the mission structure, and the tactical freedom it brought with it. I have more hours spent simply traversing the world in vehicles than most players have spent logged in and playing. So I was incredibly excited to see the Breakpoint reveal, and to hear that the franchise was moving into a whole new phase of realism, grit, and immersiveness. Sadly, the reality of the game is vastly different from what was marketed to us.

I will never pre-order a Ubisoft game again, regardless of the franchise. Not Assasin's Creed, not Far Cry, not Watch Dogs, and certainly not Ghost Recon. You're turning them all into the same game, simply re-skinned, and optimized for maximum microtransactions. I used to trust Ubisoft. You were the one of the very few good guys in AAA gaming. If you announced a new IP, I'd pre-order it on faith, without worrying about reviews, knowing it was going to be excellent. Never again.
     43 people found this helpful

Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Agent...Tex Go to original post
    Thanks for the Clarity.

Just keep the spit and polish thing going, along with the support. After all, you guys did sell season passes. The game is an AAA title. Treat it like one.
    Amen!
     6 people found this helpful

Good Job Guys! Solid intel is really important to squash the ill-informed and the speculative people out there. 👻👍
     3 people found this helpful

After asking multiple times in the community with catastrophic results I really want an answer.

I am not angry about mtx or whatever but people on reddit find presumably shop exclusive stuff ingame.

My question is: how can I differ between shop exclusive cosmetics and ingame unlockable cosmetics?

Would be great if some one sane could give me Intel.
     5 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last ►►