SinisterSchism's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Joeneux Go to original post
    Yeah but when you get "forced to PVE" you don't have any risk of getting griefed, or having your play interrupted by another user. You just have to go get some stuff like in any other game. However, there is the whole PVE player forced to PVP where we do indeed pick up these exact issues. So, thank you for disregarding what I had to say with the most childish of thought processes.
    I beg to differ, I have had some pretty toxic experiences doing the raid...

Clearly there are some people with some heated points of view on both sides. However, I have to repeat myself when I say that being forced to PVE in no way can result in anything other than you being bored for a while. No player is going to have some massive stack of gear soley designed to kill other players roll up and waste you while you are just minding your own business, trying to relax, you know with a game.
     2 people found this helpful

Life isn't fair. You don't get stuff for nothing. Blah, blah, blah...
    If you want it you suck it up and do what it takes. That could be PVP, or it could be a raid. Some people hate raids, some hate PVP. Just don't freaking do it if you don't like it an accept hte consequences. Or if you want it bad enough do the mission.
    PVP is just as boring to many as PVE is to others. PVE is so boring to some that it's like torture to them, worse than the feeling of getting ganked constantly to those of us who don't like PVP (and I usually can't stand PVP). Just do what you like and don't worry about it if you don't some super special shiny.
     1 people found this helpful

Reading these posts, there are valid points coming from both sides. Some really like the challenge of 'raids' and the 'DZ'. And of course there are some rewards to match the effort, exotic weapons and such. As a single player, more importantly, a casual player, I avoid the DZ. I have had way too many bad encounters from other players who (for the most part) just enjoy making other players miserable for a variety of reasons. A fair fight is one thing, just being out right mean is another. So, as someone has already said, I just avoid it.

As for the 'Raids', I avoid this too. My choice. I would enjoy going into the airport area and just explore, PVE style and have the fun of going after the bad guys, and I don't care if I get any exotic toys or not. On that point, it seems odd to me that there isn't a way to have that game asset (the airport) accessible to the PVE player. I don't see why I have to be part of a team of eight other people. Again, my choice, but clearly many others enjoy that aspect and that's great, go for it.

Now I'm probably going to draw some flak from this and that's fine, but I partially agree with the OP that I don't like the 'forced' PVP thing either. As an older player, I feel that all aspects or assets of any game should be accessible to both the PVE and PVP players in some manner.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by vm4M9Tz4pB Go to original post
    PVPVE DZ, itself didn't harmful at all, it's a place where ubisoft want people to meet other players in the community. however , PC, there were many rogues and players is using cheating tools, so whatever change it's , no many have interest to go to DZ on PC, people are watching many youtuber, they are playing console, not PC, that why many TD2 players are on console, there was no many PC players would stream it as there were many cheating players, and few players want to go DZ as it's completely wasting u time if there were so many cheating players in the zone.
    English is not my first language as well but brother i did not understand what you wanted to say with that!
    From what i understood you got another problem in the mix altogether, and if you are a console player how the hell do you know that there are a lot of cheaters in PC!
    Let me explain to you DZ is dead for another reason and that reason is no incentive to go in it.
    I go to DZ flag rogue the second iam away the turrets (do not go to ODZ cause no players ) kill players and get manhunt, so far so good but the problem is that to get to manhunt 90% of the tme i rely on one player not leaving cause he is the only one there.
    Whenever i see a group of three players i start a fight even though i know i have a low chance of wining but that is the only pvp iam getting these dayin DZ.
    As for the cheating i only met one cheater in Conflict and he got banned mid match (also checked his name the divisiontracker has him disabled) so i have no idea what you are talking about cheaters but i think you are mixing lag with cheats.
    Anyways the changes (though not enough) are looking like something i can still hope!
    before you make your mind try it see if it works do not go about talking sh*t about the game with what you have HEARD that is not ok.

BrighTasKnighT_'s Avatar Member
    Alright, so as a PVE player I really don't care to be forced into pvp situations. Very specifically, it is known that the best gear is in the Dark Zone areas. And your best chance (only chance?) to get the Pestilence LMG is through clearing DZ landmarks. There's even a specific vendor which allegedly sells very good gear that in order to access it you HAVE to engage in PVP. This means that this entire slice of content is effectively forever barred from players such as myself. I've even got to the point where I make it policy to only even make an attempt at this stuff during the hours that most American children are in school. I've found that this seems to reduce the amount that I am griefed for the crime of attempting to explore content.

I get it. They always wanted the game to be some weird pvp game where the game is literally about either being a rogue agent or a not rogue agent. Sure, you can play super cop and run around wasting the dregs of society or whatever imaginary PMC happens to be around for this Tom Clancy game. But seriously. We have to find some level of common ground between this forced pvp gameplay and fun. I don't even care if we have to eat a stat nerf on the drop to have a PVE version of the dark zone, to be able to enter these areas and actually get the gear we want. I remember when this game was being developed and one of the big talking points was how there would be a signifcant PVE endgame. I'm really not seeing it Ubi. We have an 8 player raid that never drops the advertised gear (seriously the lowest drop rates I've ever seen in a loot-'em up), and then if you expect to see anything else, well, prepare to either build one of 3 effective pvp builds, or just get rekt every single time you go into the DZ.

So what I'm driving at here is that there's absolutely NO reason that we can't have a PVE mode DZ. You literally go into them to do the recon missions as "story" difficulty, so the code is already in place such as it is, to allow for something like this. This would also nearly double the playable space for PVE players and the only penalty that the PVP boys would eat is that they don't have us to target for their personal amusement anymore. Just today, I was making some attempts to get some gear out of the DZ, and had a player enter what can only be considered griefing behavior, deliberately following me to other zones, killed by the same guy 4 times, and my build which is designed to be very effective against PVE targets was just so much junk to defend myself with. Just can't even make a reasonable standing of it, and now they are talking about removing PVP normalizations. And while I don't fully understand what that means, on account of not willingly engaging in such content, I can only imagine that it will make things far worse for everyone else.

For love of all that is Tom Clancy, Ubi, we have asked for something like this since the last game and we never saw anything from it. I fail to see what the point in continuing to force this on us is. I play my games for fun. I don't like being forced into things, or worse, playing my game and then rage quitting because I got repeatedly slaughtered by some guy who gets off on that kind of thing.

Thanks for reading.
    we are just wasting our of feedbacks Massive dont listening us ... they are doing that what they want just liers this game is dead dz and pvp .... missing so Division 1 DZ and pvp
     1 people found this helpful

@Joeneux

I totally get it & agree bud. It would open up another avenue for folks that prefer pvp.

sorry PVE not Pvp

Originally Posted by Unicorn001 Go to original post
    There's no need. Just don't go there. It's that simple. So what if there's something that's only available there. Just accept that you can't get it if you don't want to risk PVP. Just like PVP only players have to PVE if they wan the Eagle Bearer. If they don't want to do PVE that badly, they just have to accept they won't ever get EB. It's all about what you're willing to do to get what you want, or are willing to give up.
    Originally Posted by Unicorn001 Go to original post
    Life isn't fair. You don't get stuff for nothing. Blah, blah, blah...
    If you want it you suck it up and do what it takes. That could be PVP, or it could be a raid. Some people hate raids, some hate PVP. Just don't freaking do it if you don't like it an accept hte consequences. Or if you want it bad enough do the mission.
    PVP is just as boring to many as PVE is to others. PVE is so boring to some that it's like torture to them, worse than the feeling of getting ganked constantly to those of us who don't like PVP (and I usually can't stand PVP). Just do what you like and don't worry about it if you don't some super special shiny.
    Dude you seriously need more rework than DZ should. You keep telling not to go there not to do this. First of all, no one can dictate anyone what to do or what not to do. I'm sorry but things you say are a dictation instead of suggestion. and second, this Dark Zone is being sold included to main game right? Does anyone have an option to buy the game without DZ content? But we are all paying for DZ content as well right? Then we all have every damn right to go to DZ and suggest our opinions.

People here so bluntly defending the PvP DZ with hostility, they all are nothing but griefers. Team up with 3 more griefers and go rogue if you see 1 or 2 people, pass by and act cool if you see more than 2.
    Others are not messing with any PvE players anyway. They just team up, go somewhere and kill anyone comes to kill them. This is how normal PvP players play the DZ.

Some defending their dirtiness based on saying if there will be no risk then everyone will get the highest gear possible. Are you going to change your decision if there will be Optimization Station comes to game? Because then every gear can be the highest gear right?

I agree with saying being forced. Neither PvP nor PvE players being forced to anything. Same as I don't like Pestilence or anything else only drop in DZ, I don't like BTSU never drops in DZ either. It's not about how the items drop in DZ. Not everyone cares about loot in DZ either. It's just to have fun and to have more content. The game world is already too small and takes 2 max 3 days to fully explore even if you take everything slow and easy. So yes we want to be able to go to DZ too, go to Airport too without having any limitations. Why wouldn't we? We didn't paid for the half of the world and half of the content. If however DZ would be put behind a paid wall, I would gladly not to go and not to pay for it.

Anyways. I wish to say my personal opinions in a more general thing, this doesn't mean we should stop but they won't start listening us ever. Lately, putting griefing elemets became a fashion in multiplayer gaming industry and this is what they are doing. I'm pretty sure in a close date, Division will be fully implemented in Ghost Recon which is very unlikely we will see Division 3. This phase has already started with Breakpoint and it will be fully finished in the next Ghost Recon sequel. Even I can't be fully sure with the next one I'm about to say, there is a very high chance the entire game world will be like DZ and fully open to PvP. Which if this happens, the only thing will follow is more griefing elements and then of course more and more premium credits. Even the weapons are already being sold by real money in Ghost Recon and after some level you will have to pay to upgrade them because you are not getting any upgrade parts.

Long story short, I am seeing what Rockstar did will be coming in near future. Like how you can't drive 2 blocks in fun without getting blown up by an oppressor which is an ultimate griefing tool I must add, and prevent you to grind for money or credits whatever it is, they just say "Oh look, we already selling this already. Do you want to get it without any hassle, then pay up!".

Simple fix is to make it where your loot transfers to your stash if you die before you can extract. Players that don't like pvp will run the other way to let them know they don't want to play pvp, I do but that doesn't stop them from kill me to take my loot. if I want to play pvp I join a group and go in with on intention of getting loot, if I encounter a rogue that drops loot I don't take it, if I am rogue and a player runs the other way I leave them alone. most pvp just kill to rob other players, make it where they cant and they want chase after players that don't shoot back, after all it's no fun playing with someone that dont want to play.

Alright, so as a PVE player I really don't care to be forced into pvp situations. Very specifically, it is known that the best gear is in the Dark Zone areas. And your best chance (only chance?) to get the Pestilence LMG is through clearing DZ landmarks. There's even a specific vendor which allegedly sells very good gear that in order to access it you HAVE to engage in PVP. This means that this entire slice of content is effectively forever barred from players such as myself. I've even got to the point where I make it policy to only even make an attempt at this stuff during the hours that most American children are in school. I've found that this seems to reduce the amount that I am griefed for the crime of attempting to explore content.

I get it. They always wanted the game to be some weird pvp game where the game is literally about either being a rogue agent or a not rogue agent. Sure, you can play super cop and run around wasting the dregs of society or whatever imaginary PMC happens to be around for this Tom Clancy game. But seriously. We have to find some level of common ground between this forced pvp gameplay and fun. I don't even care if we have to eat a stat nerf on the drop to have a PVE version of the dark zone, to be able to enter these areas and actually get the gear we want. I remember when this game was being developed and one of the big talking points was how there would be a signifcant PVE endgame. I'm really not seeing it Ubi. We have an 8 player raid that never drops the advertised gear (seriously the lowest drop rates I've ever seen in a loot-'em up), and then if you expect to see anything else, well, prepare to either build one of 3 effective pvp builds, or just get rekt every single time you go into the DZ.

So what I'm driving at here is that there's absolutely NO reason that we can't have a PVE mode DZ. You literally go into them to do the recon missions as "story" difficulty, so the code is already in place such as it is, to allow for something like this. This would also nearly double the playable space for PVE players and the only penalty that the PVP boys would eat is that they don't have us to target for their personal amusement anymore. Just today, I was making some attempts to get some gear out of the DZ, and had a player enter what can only be considered griefing behavior, deliberately following me to other zones, killed by the same guy 4 times, and my build which is designed to be very effective against PVE targets was just so much junk to defend myself with. Just can't even make a reasonable standing of it, and now they are talking about removing PVP normalizations. And while I don't fully understand what that means, on account of not willingly engaging in such content, I can only imagine that it will make things far worse for everyone else.

For love of all that is Tom Clancy, Ubi, we have asked for something like this since the last game and we never saw anything from it. I fail to see what the point in continuing to force this on us is. I play my games for fun. I don't like being forced into things, or worse, playing my game and then rage quitting because I got repeatedly slaughtered by some guy who gets off on that kind of thing.

Thanks for reading.
    The pestilence drops in invaded dcd headquarters on heroic