Forced PVP

Alright, so as a PVE player I really don't care to be forced into pvp situations. Very specifically, it is known that the best gear is in the Dark Zone areas. And your best chance (only chance?) to get the Pestilence LMG is through clearing DZ landmarks. There's even a specific vendor which allegedly sells very good gear that in order to access it you HAVE to engage in PVP. This means that this entire slice of content is effectively forever barred from players such as myself. I've even got to the point where I make it policy to only even make an attempt at this stuff during the hours that most American children are in school. I've found that this seems to reduce the amount that I am griefed for the crime of attempting to explore content.

I get it. They always wanted the game to be some weird pvp game where the game is literally about either being a rogue agent or a not rogue agent. Sure, you can play super cop and run around wasting the dregs of society or whatever imaginary PMC happens to be around for this Tom Clancy game. But seriously. We have to find some level of common ground between this forced pvp gameplay and fun. I don't even care if we have to eat a stat nerf on the drop to have a PVE version of the dark zone, to be able to enter these areas and actually get the gear we want. I remember when this game was being developed and one of the big talking points was how there would be a signifcant PVE endgame. I'm really not seeing it Ubi. We have an 8 player raid that never drops the advertised gear (seriously the lowest drop rates I've ever seen in a loot-'em up), and then if you expect to see anything else, well, prepare to either build one of 3 effective pvp builds, or just get rekt every single time you go into the DZ.

So what I'm driving at here is that there's absolutely NO reason that we can't have a PVE mode DZ. You literally go into them to do the recon missions as "story" difficulty, so the code is already in place such as it is, to allow for something like this. This would also nearly double the playable space for PVE players and the only penalty that the PVP boys would eat is that they don't have us to target for their personal amusement anymore. Just today, I was making some attempts to get some gear out of the DZ, and had a player enter what can only be considered griefing behavior, deliberately following me to other zones, killed by the same guy 4 times, and my build which is designed to be very effective against PVE targets was just so much junk to defend myself with. Just can't even make a reasonable standing of it, and now they are talking about removing PVP normalizations. And while I don't fully understand what that means, on account of not willingly engaging in such content, I can only imagine that it will make things far worse for everyone else.

For love of all that is Tom Clancy, Ubi, we have asked for something like this since the last game and we never saw anything from it. I fail to see what the point in continuing to force this on us is. I play my games for fun. I don't like being forced into things, or worse, playing my game and then rage quitting because I got repeatedly slaughtered by some guy who gets off on that kind of thing.

Thanks for reading.
     10 people found this helpful

Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    If they made a pve DZ, people would go in once or twice and never go back. It would be the most boring pve content available.

This is legit the stupidest post I have ever seen across my time on the internet.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Uhnomuhlee Go to original post
    If they made a pve DZ, people would go in once or twice and never go back. It would be the most boring pve content available.
    Well, the missions and other farming areas are always the same content over and over again, so why is this any different? Why does having the risk of some jaggoff plugging you in the head while you go about your business somehow make the content more interesting?
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Luca the Cat Go to original post
    This is legit the stupidest post I have ever seen across my time on the internet.
    Thank you for your constructive feedback.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Uhnomuhlee Go to original post
    You know, I was giving what you had to say some thought and it occured to me that the dark zone is supposed to be scary and what not right? Well, we did a pretty good job of being nervous in survival mode back in the first game without having a forced PVP requirement, as a result most people agree that it was the best part of D1. So here's my middle ground. Powerful hunter enemies that would be nearly impossible to kill without proper preparation or teamwork that roam the "PVE Dark Zone". From the perspective of a PVE player, that's basically what I already have when I go there myself, as the rogue d-bags are basically impossible to kill. Of the dozen times I've been rekt in there, I believe I have managed to get one kill myself, against a rogue who had took my loot. And that same user took it upon himself to stalk me around the DZ's, yes, even to the other dark zones, to appease his ego. Again, I find absolutely no reason to force this caveat on the player base.
     2 people found this helpful

Pvp players dont like being forced to PVE but wait...... We have too in order to have gear to pvp so it is what it is. In order to get the eagle we have to PVE. Btsu gloves pve.etc etc etc but wait we aren't crying.so plz stfu already.
     3 people found this helpful

PVPVE DZ, itself didn't harmful at all, it's a place where ubisoft want people to meet other players in the community. however , PC, there were many rogues and players is using cheating tools, so whatever change it's , no many have interest to go to DZ on PC, people are watching many youtuber, they are playing console, not PC, that why many TD2 players are on console, there was no many PC players would stream it as there were many cheating players, and few players want to go DZ as it's completely wasting u time if there were so many cheating players in the zone.

jmart83's Avatar Senior Member
    There will not be a pve dz. It has been said repeatedly by the developers.

If you really want a pve dz you have to play during hours people are normally not on like late night or early morning, especially on weekdays. Especially now before the patch there are less people playing than ever.

jmart83's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by tooshort0644 Go to original post
    Pvp players dont like being forced to PVE but wait...... We have too in order to have gear to pvp so it is what it is. In order to get the eagle we have to PVE. Btsu gloves pve.etc etc etc but wait we aren't crying.so plz stfu already.
    That's a little harsh, but your point is valid.
     1 people found this helpful