MMR restrictions

I've found people to play with on squads.tm but we did not meet MM requirements... I have 3403 MMR while lowest guy had 2460 which means we all fit within 1000 difference but game still won't let us play together. Are there any other restrictions other than 1000MMR that I'm not aware of or it's some kind of MM bug?
    On the side note... Is lack of arm/weapon wobbling while rapelling intentional? Cuz it looks so unnatural and weird....

I'm not a fan of the MMR restriction. i'm gold 2 and cant play with a plat 2. Cant it be a little more than a 1000? I think it should be Rank restricted and not MMR. A diamond shouldnt be playing ranked with a silver. thats fine. But a gold and plat cant play together?

Originally Posted by sad.platypus Go to original post
    I've found people to play with on squads.tm but we did not meet MM requirements... I have 3403 MMR while lowest guy had 2460 which means we all fit within 1000 difference but game still won't let us play together. Are there any other restrictions other than 1000MMR that I'm not aware of or it's some kind of MM bug?
    On the side note... Is lack of arm/weapon wobbling while rapelling intentional? Cuz it looks so unnatural and weird....
    When you queue again with these people, look on the 'ranked' selection on the main menu it should tell you what your squad MMR is if you are outside the 1000 range. however it could also be using the highest/lowest MMR achieved across 'all servers' instead of the server you are currently connected too.

What I mean is, he could be 2400 on EU but 2100 on NA so it could be using the lowest (2100) v highest (2400) value regardless of server connected to which would in theory be outside the 1000 MMR

vgrimr_J's Avatar Senior Member
    It needs to be lower than 1000 no more boosted games.

excuse me @vgrimr_J but what part of my post made you think I'm unaware of that? Since I asked bout any OTHER restrictions beside 1000mmr... Problems with reading, my dude?

vgrimr_J's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sad.platypus Go to original post
    excuse me @vgrimr_J but what part of my post made you think I'm unaware of that? Since I asked bout any OTHER restrictions beside 1000mmr... Problems with reading, my dude?
    Sorry that post was meant to be addressed to monty.

We all live in the USA. So not sure anyone was on any EU servers. But once again, theres not really any "boosting" between a gold 2 and a Plat 2.

Maybe your settings are set too not allow any players outside your consoles platform?

Even one of the other party members might have it set that way.

Maybe i'll have to check tonight. But we played 2 matches then the MMR restriction kicked in. We are all gold 1-2 playing with plat 1-2s. That last game we won made me i believe 1020 elo below the highest guy. So once again, this new system punishes people playing with people relatively around their rank. We ran a 4 squad, then another buddy joined in, we won, then it wouldnt let us play together. I play on ps4.

It's really turned into one of those "careful what you wish for" scenarios hasnt it. Ubi constantly gets complaints about unfair match making, so they make the group gap patch. Now they get nothing other than allowing a surfing scenario to slowly unfold. First it will be too add a bigger gap, than too add another bigger gap. Eventually right back at the beggining.

Try looking at Those settings