I find Valk to be difficult to deal with

Can't really seem to land a blow on her. She got fast lights, decent mix ups, unpunishable sweep that confirms 35 damage, full block (though kinda useless) and a really good soft feint shield bash. I try to dodge the sweep then GB but of course that doesn't work anymore, lights can't be parried consistently, soft feint bash is such a pain to deal with especially since it can be followed up by an attack after you miss it. When I play Glad I can't win against her for the life of me
    Probably my toughest match up
    How do I deal with a really good Valk?

I personally find a hero that can delay attacks really useful against her. Most of the time Valks I fight cant CC my delayed attacks. So your Cent should be always ready to delay his heavies. Also practice parrying, a lot.

Console or pc? Valk is a mix up intensive hero, who can really be difficult to fight if your opponent is good at mind games. As a glad I'd say pay close attention to your distancing, and don't try to go for gbs unless you fully predicted a chain finisher and preemptively dodged. Dodge lights will be your friend for on reaction dodges to finishers. Apart from that if you can practice dodging her bash and get fairly consistent at parrying the top light follow up, you can do some good damage. Deflects on light finishers is a great way to scare valks away from those mix ups. Basically you want to be the one dictating the pace of the fight against her.

Lastly and most dangerous for you is you can throw a light as soon as you see her feint, if she goes for a gb, you got her, if she went for the bash (depending on how fast you are) you can hit her out of it. But if she tried to bait you, you might just eat a lot of damage. Valk is good at interrupting, so try and harass her by getting in a little damage and getting out. Try to bait and parry interrupts.

Most Valks rely too much on the sweep, watch for it, it's pretty easy to avoid and they cannot feint it, just dodge.

Sweep is still punishable by most heroes by a Dodge attack or Dodge into bash zone etc.

If you play Glad a Dodge light or Dodge bash gonna work against it.

Anyway Glad vs Valk is not at all a Glad side match up... while Glad doest not really have match up in his favor saddly.

Cent is not really good against her either. What are all the heroes you are playing ? I am sure one of them is a good pick against her, its not like if Valk was anywhere near to S tier.

Originally Posted by chaneke33 Go to original post
    Most Valks rely too much on the sweep, watch for it, it's pretty easy to avoid and they cannot feint it, just dodge.
    Recovery window means you just survived.. not punished. A mistake costs 35. A misread costs a light finish with all your stamina, a heavy GB = a splat into the combo again. Its an assassin with the best parts of 'hybrid' and none of the flaws, orochis spam with mixups and crushing counter on the startup along with superior block dodge (that can still deflect)...

Originally Posted by Siegfried-Z Go to original post
    Sweep is still punishable by most heroes by a Dodge attack or Dodge into bash zone etc.

If you play Glad a Dodge light or Dodge bash gonna work against it.

Anyway Glad vs Valk is not at all a Glad side match up... while Glad doest not really have match up in his favor saddly.

Cent is not really good against her either. What are all the heroes you are playing ? I am sure one of them is a good pick against her, its not like if Valk was anywhere near to S tier.
    I play only Centurion, Gladiator and Shinobi. Valk claps me the most when I'm playing Shinobi, but that's logical, can't use kick against her

I agree. I feel she has way too many mix-ups. The only real punish is if you dodge the heavy feint and parry a follow up attack if there is one. Even if you do that once, they just wont do it again if they are not dumb.

Originally Posted by bLACK.bEACH Go to original post
    I agree. I feel she has way too many mix-ups. The only real punish is if you dodge the heavy feint and parry a follow up attack if there is one. Even if you do that once, they just wont do it again if they are not dumb.
    Just feel like the character became a little too safe for comfort. Safer than Shinobi

Originally Posted by TOCKSYK Go to original post
    Just feel like the character became a little too safe for comfort. Safer than Shinobi
    Not really. Valk's changes were really needed for viable offense which the game really needs to get away from the cancerous turtle defensive meta. Maybe a nerf on her CC damage lol its the highest in the game rn