So is Reshade banned now? I don't want to get banned for trying to use Reshade.

Developers have said previously that Reshade is OKAY

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...et_you_banned/

I believe that user is UBI_EPI

I want to try Reshade with the new Raytracing Shader (and make some videos) but Ubisoft needs to be clear about what their Battleye policy is regarding reshade.

Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative
    Best people to speak to is BattlEye themselves about that.

Respectfully, this is something that Community Representatives should be able to answer definitively.
     1 people found this helpful

I will say that although Reshade can help the game look nicer, it adds some input lag, which kind of sucks.

I wish that Ubisoft would be more proactive at this point.

Where is the colored ambient occlusion?

Does Ubisoft have no plans to integrate Ray Tracing or Path Tracing features into their current games?

Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative
    Ok, I'm sorry that I cannot answer that. I still suggest you speak to BattlEye directly as it is their software and their product, I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Apparently it's ok..but you should follow up with your own research as Ubi could possibly have a say-so in the matter..

"I’m using the software XY while playing my game with BE enabled, is it allowed or can I get banned for it?

Generally we only ever ban for the use of actual cheats/hacks or components of such hacks which are designed to intentionally bypass BE’s protection. Otherwise you don’t need to worry about getting banned. For example, non-cheat overlays and visual enhancement tools like Reshade or SweetFX are generally supported unless desired otherwise by the game developers (the latter two are currently blocked in PUBG, Fortnite and Islands of Nyne). We might decide to kick (not ban) you at some point for using a specific program (such as macro tools), but that won’t automatically flag you as a cheater."
    Taken from this Reddit Post

Thank you WWBCoop, that is extremely helpful.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by I___DRIVER___I Go to original post
    Thank you WWBCoop, that is extremely helpful.
    No problem. So far I haven't read anything contrary to say that it's an offense (including any Ubi responses), but you should really do your own research to be sure.

What I've read, and you concluded, is that the overlays are cpu extensive, and may cause more problems than what it's worth on older machines.

What's good about the shade-tweaking anyways?

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    No problem. So far I haven't read anything contrary to say that it's an offense (including any Ubi responses), but you should really do your own research to be sure.

What I've read, and you concluded, is that the overlays are cpu extensive, and may cause more problems than what it's worth on older machines.

What's good about the shade-tweaking anyways?
    It all depends on what it is you want to do.

Reshade can do a bunch of awesome stuff to makes games look many years younger.

In the case of the RT shader, it can do path-traced AO, which is just superior in every way to regular AO and also adds additional definition to the environment that regular AO just can't do.

https://youtu.be/p75EYTntjko

Normally when people talk about AO, what they mean is that the corners where walls meet is slightly darker than the edge of the wall.

RT AO adds a whole level of detail beyond that. It can also simulate some aspects of global illumination, although being a screen space shader, that is still a process being worked on by the shader author.

https://youtu.be/BRZ41Iefec4

of coarse, even the regular reshade shaders can do a lot to tweak the look in a lot of smaller ways

if neither of those videos sell you on it then i think nothing is going to though

huh. I may try using reshade again then.. Siege wouldn't load it up with it.
    Better color again possibly? :3