Hello,
    I've recently purchased il2 forgotten battles, and now I would like to buy the ace pack for it. I did a search on the web and all I can find are some patches for it. So can anyone please tell me where can I get the actual ace pack???

That's an older version of the game, and it will be harder to find.

Everyone is now playing IL-2 1946. It's a DVD which contains all the games ever released (Forgotten Battles, AEP, Pacific fighters, etc.) You can find it for $10-15 on Amazon, or $10 from Steam (direct download).

Once you do get the DVD, be sure to patch up (4.08, 4.09, 4.09 skins, 4.10, 4.101) and join everyone online via Hyperlobby.

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    Just to avoid confusion, 1946 is all the content in the series as one game, including the improved flight model, improved handling, more planes, more maps, more ground objects than you can find in all previous versions as well. Do not look for different games to install from 1946, it is all in one.

I've seen it on Amazon for under $10 not including shipping.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Just to back up what these guys are saying... IL-2 1946 is the ONLY version of the game you need these days. It has everything.

Thanks guys,

The only reaon I did'nt buy the 1946 version was because i was afraid my pc could'nt handle it.
    I have winxp, intel dual core 1.8GHZ, onboard GEforce 7050 video, soundblaster live.
    If you guys think my system is ok for 1946, will the graphics of this version be better (cuz I'm not crazy about fb version- trees especially suck)??

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    Your onboard video is weak but a better one shouldn't run too much. The 2nd digit (you have 7050) is the power where the 1st is the series, an #050 card is weak but beats a #000. Crank the graphics down!

Your CPU is just fine though hoping you have at least 1G RAM and better with 2G.

I run medium settings on a Sempron 2600 with 2G and GeForce 7600GS -- middleweight video a few years ago.

Here's a site that does price comparisons for some examples.

Thanks.
    But if I decide to upgrade my graphics card, then I might as well go for even newer game like birds of prey, or even upcoming cliff of dover?!

What do you think? Would there be a leap in graphic quality with just the 1946 version?

I have 1.5GB mem and the framerate is excellent with all graphics maxed when playing forgotten battles (althoug I don't find the look of trees/landscape that good)

Victor

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Get IL2 1946 as well, its only about £8 / $8 and an incredible sim/game.

The other games you mention are about 5 times the price.

IL2 1946 is not much more resource heavy than IL2 forgotten battles, its the same game engine, just with all the addons rather than just the one you are talking about.

If you buy IL2 1946 you are getting forgotten battles plus all the addons available. (Aces EP, Pacific fighters, Pe2 etc etc)

If you buy the AEP you are getting forgotten battles with one single addon for about hte same price.

Its a no brainer, get 1946.

Thanks,

Wish i had consulted with you guys sooner.
    Already had bought forgotten battles last week.

Oh well it was only 10 dollars. Do you think it would still be worth it for me to buy 1946 at this point? (The only way i would be interested at this point is if the graphics would be better!)