thank you

Thank you for listening. This is a fantastic start. I appreciate what you guys have done in such a short time. Keep the momentum going and continue listening to us please.
     2 people found this helpful

Nice work in a short period of time.

Still a long way to go, but we might get there eventually.

Shame you ignored all the people who wanted a modern tactical shooter and were disappointed when you made a looter shooter out of this game,
     5 people found this helpful

Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by GAP_Computer Go to original post
    @ Zach._-
    I don’t like seeing my character swap weapons in a millisecond (requested because was too slow)
    I don’t like seeing him stop from a full sprint on a dime like there is no weight to his movement (requested because you can't stop at the edge of a cliff and many other things)
    they are going back on that too by making guided mode the default (this is a option that you can change, isn't permanent)
    I think it's way better. In the Beta, I tried walking on one of the large raised metal pipes that are probably 1m across and I kept falling off because every slight movement adjustment left or right resulted in the character taking two full steps. The momentum and inertia was way overkill.

The weapon swapping between pistol and primary or vise-versa is now on par with how fast well trained shooters can do it... check out Lucas Botkin on YouTube. I think switching to a long rifle is probably exaggerated, but that's a fair trade off. I would rather have realistic speed on my side-arm to AR transition.

6 people found this helpful

here is Ubisoft (Rango) trying to fix the game (komodo dragon)
    Hehehe .. I did what tRIncar91 did .. but A LOT!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Milliardo.V Go to original post
    EREWHON

In Erewhon, the offline avatars standing around the table are the player’s friends instead of unknown players.

Why not let the player turn this off? Some people just what to play SP and don't have other people running around
    Man, I'd love to turn the whole ****ing HUB off!
     10 people found this helpful

I get that you think it’s too slow I think it’s too fast because I like immersion and I think it looks silly. I like having to plan out my route, I like having to make sure I have the right weapon in my hands for the right encounters. It’s more immersive for me and it’s more fun. I don’t like the silly lil Wayne style of gameplay they are going for and that’s what I was trying to get across in my post.
     2 people found this helpful

I am actually impressed with the changes happening this fast. It's a good sign. I like the new animation a lot better. IMHO soldiers should be able to switch weapons fast. (Years of practice.)
    I like the non guided mode. Plus having friends avatars around the table is a cool touch. As for the gear score and looting gear I am fairly certain that can't change without breaking the game. I have come to the solution that this could be a fun GR spin off.(Kind of like Bungie did with Halo:ODST)
    I really hope that this is not the new direction for GR, but a kind of GR filler until it returns to past games. (I have had a great time with every GR since 2001) This beta will be my deciding factor on buying it day one or not.

GAP_Computer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Zach._- Go to original post
    I get that you think it’s too slow I think it’s too fast because I like immersion and I think it looks silly. I like having to plan out my route, I like having to make sure I have the right weapon in my hands for the right encounters. It’s more immersive for me and it’s more fun. I don’t like the silly lil Wayne style of gameplay they are going for and that’s what I was trying to get across in my post.
    agree with you, i just letting you know that most changes where requested.

GAP_Computer's Avatar Senior Member
    @ Virtual-Chris

yea i saw the video when people where asking to improve that movement

I don’t like seeing him stop from a full sprint on a dime like there is no weight to his movement (requested because you can't stop at the edge of a cliff and many other things)
    I agree. I should have actually added that to my other post. https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...1#post14527274

Completely remove the stopping and turning mechanism under a certain speed, but still have inertia when a player is running full bore AND for some distance. Then it would make more sense to have (mild) inertia come into play when they stop or turn, otherwise leave movements like they've always been everywhere in any game I know of.