Originally Posted by Virtual-Chris Go to original post
    I keep seeing comments that the animations are too fast. Where is that coming from?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, swapping weapons quickly is something well trained professionals can do... it's actually amazing how fast they can be... (https://youtu.be/FJVh3N7vGn8)

Having said that, I think the whole animation speed for swapping weapons (and reloading) are missed opportunities to have offered those as skills. It would be cool to work on your weapon swap and reload speed as part of the skill tree rather than some of the dumb skill perks and buffs we have as it is. It would be badass to see this improve over time.

Also, I believe that there just wasn't a sense of urgency in the stance changes, and now they are much more appropriate for someone who might need to get down when taking fire, or get up and move if artillery is incoming.
    A lot of repetitions will improve your muscle memory so that you can do some things, pretty fast. There are factors that affect the speed, are you tired, out of breath, do you have a body armor, is it light or heavy. Body armor means bulky, plus you probably have extra pockets. Your arms movement is a bit limited. Not to mention that for some reason something will always get in the way to perform that perfect transition. In prone position it's even worse. Underfire, it's always a Murphy's law

Originally Posted by GRwemissyou Go to original post
    It's highlighting that anything changed will never make everyone happy. I for one think the improvements look much better. People should try running full speed at a car and stop to open the door. Let's see if they take an extra step or two before getting to that door handle. I bet they won't. It'll be precise.

Also some people should try to lie prone and get up as fast as they can. It'll be the same thing and these are just normal people. A trained pro can do this way faster.
    How many time can you do that inside of an hour after sprinting all time? This is without extra equipment weight. One of ways for you to try with burpees. Sprint, do burpees, sprint, burpees and so on. Military guys are more physical fit but that does not mean they are doing tacticool movements all the time, only when rested.

I liked CB animation speed, felt more human, slow and more natural after running all the time.

RaulO4's Avatar Senior Member
    animations cant be slow.
    in real life you may be slow but you dont lose control, precision of your actions, or lose the ability to react.
    thus in game you cut any unwanted animation time that you can so the player can keep control, precision, and the ability to react. which is far more Natural than fighting over control of your avatar.

Originally Posted by FoxFort. Go to original post

How many time can you do that inside of an hour after sprinting all time? This is without extra equipment weight. One of ways for you to try with burpees. Sprint, do burpees, sprint, burpees and so on. Military guys are more physical fit but that does not mean they are doing tacticool movements all the time, only when rested.

I liked CB animation speed, felt more human, slow and more natural after running all the time.
    Counter argument. Who sprints everywhere they go?

Originally Posted by GRwemissyou Go to original post
    Counter argument. Who sprints everywhere they go?
    hehehe, ever heard of "Hurry up and wait" ?
     1 people found this helpful

GAP_Computer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RaulO4 Go to original post
    in real life you may be slow but you dont lose control, precision of your actions, or lose the ability to react.
    i have to disagree, tell me that after 12 beers

Or go three or more days in the woods on patrol with no sleep, Mind body does funny stuff then...

I like the mechanics the way they were I'm the beginning. The stances were just fine now they're just stiff like before and the weapon swap is nowhere near realistic. I liked the old weapon swap not the new. Also.the movement didn't need changing but the running did. So whoever said they wanted more realism can say goodbye to that because it's gone now. It was good the way it was earlier to me anyways. I was in the military and the mechanics before were as close as you will get to realism. Not this fixed mess that was just so called improved which it isn't improved. It's been degraded.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by ScootaPlayATL1 Go to original post
    I like the mechanics the way they were I'm the beginning. The stances were just fine now they're just stiff like before and the weapon swap is nowhere near realistic. I liked the old weapon swap not the new. Also.the movement didn't need changing but the running did. So whoever said they wanted more realism can say goodbye to that because it's gone now. It was good the way it was earlier to me anyways. I was in the military and the mechanics before were as close as you will get to realism. Not this fixed mess that was just so called improved which it isn't improved. It's been degraded.
    And this is what happens when you get those forthnight / CS:GO overwatch youtube and whatnot kinda players who wants speed instead of realism.
     5 people found this helpful

Nice to hear some good news. Thanks. Much Appreciated.

However, concerns on this list:

- Helicopters at all Bivowacs.
    (Why cant players who want a chopper right off the bat just fast travel to Erewhon and use that chopper till they unlock them? Instead of breaking realism, immersion, and possibly gameplay for everyone. Additionally, what are the odds these players are just gonna get drone swarmed down anyway? You know like the opening of the game. What if areas are still locked by air/vehicles until you disable drone launch sites on foot first?)

- Discovered Behemoth Arenas
    (Where's the fun in that? Where the realism in that? No more chance of surprise by a random hulking loud tanking roaming the area? Some areas are already fenced/marked off.)

- Increased Drone Recon Intel
    (Just as I was looking forward to attempting an expert level, limited hud, no drone playthrough.)

- Shop at Bivowacs
    (??? WHAT THE .... NO. Just No. I can already see game pace slow because after every battle in addition to loot box round up, "gotta check the local store guys, just one sec".)

- Guided Mode by Default
    (Owww my hand.... your holding it to hard. ACTUAL PLAYER SKILL BE DAMNED. We need more kids playing our mature rated videogame with the gruesome death scenes. I know you can turn it off but with all this Arcade Duck hunt, free choppers, easy bake missions does anyone have to use their brains for anything anymore? Is there any long term full game accomplishments people can achieve to show they are elite, tiered, of higher intellect, more experienced members, or of a accomplished class?)

Suggest:
    - Game Join segregation of players by difficulty level
    - Game Completion Difficultly specific awards. (Like Halo's Hero, Legendary, or GRW's Tier Mode, Ghost mode)
    - Re-playable Missions (To be able to more easily join other players on co-op missions you've already completed, and expand game replay-ability and longevity.)
    - Missions can be cleared in different difficulty levels. (Select difficulty, select mission, locate and complete. Missions show cleared level ie gold, silver, platinum. Similar to the daily challenges of GRW. Once all missions completed in Gold .. Gold Medal ... Platinum... General Stars)

I personally haven't previously mentioned but maybe hinted on here in the update post,
    - Decreased vignetting while in foliage cover.

Again, the news of and the updates themselves are appreciated.
    Good restart, looking forward to the Open Beta.
    I know I'm a tough customer so I wish you luck.
     4 people found this helpful

Why not change the loot chest button to one push instead of holding it in and same for entering a vehicle.
     1 people found this helpful