Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative

DDOS / DOS & Our Next Steps.

Hey everyone.

We have monitored an increase in the amount of DDoS and DoS attacks against our servers following the release of Operation Ember Rise.

In this article, you will find our next steps for how we plan to address the situation.

You can read more here; DDOS, DOS & Our Next Steps.
     1 people found this helpful

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    A 401 "unauthorized" error in trying to view that page. I think maybe perhaps the link isn't officially ready for you to publish yet.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey Croken! try the link now, this will take you to the post: https://ubi.li/X1p16

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Great, that works! Thank you so much! I'm very glad to see the multiple approaches being used to target this issue. Very much appreciated!

Good job, guys. This release actually made me smile and I'm glad to see steps getting taken to continue to combat the issue. As a console player, seeing that you can ban the offenders there really made my day. Thank you for the statement. This will hopefully help the community, and will further relations with them.

I think there was a big, collective sigh of relief. GJ, guys.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member

Not enough IMO.

What are you doing about the rest of the game mechanica that involve subcontracts with third party's?

Is going to be enough to ditch those that 'cheat'?..or are you going to go hardcore on those that apply miscreant usage of your program (Siege).

I don't feel affected (nor effective) against the players that nitch into your data, but there are some that do.

What's next? Do you Banwave those that find loopholes in your programming?..or do you fix those down the line?

I'd like to know after all these years how you can insta-ban..and of what promise do you make?

First ol' teamkill-loving, boss-of-every-match-he's-in Feff gets banned and then this?

Hot dang, things are lookin' up around here!

I don’t play ranked at all, but I thiiiink I may have been in a stressed match once or twice in casual, so this problem really hasn’t affected me much. Still good to see that something is finally being done about this issue for those I've seen complaining (and rightfully so, I guess) that the majority of their placement matches are ending like this.

I guess my next question would be how serious these bans are going to be? We all know how lenient Ubi has been on cheaters with their whopping 15-day bans in the past, and we also know smurf accounts on PS4 (I have no idea whether smurfs are even a thing on other platforms) are rampant. So then, how is Ubi planning to prevent those who are banned in the first wave(s) from just continuing on with their pitiable behavior on a new account?

vgrimr_J's Avatar Senior Member
    Are the bans permanent?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►