NOTr083r73h's Avatar Member

Unnecessary nerf of the Ongoing Directive gearset.

Hi,

So I just checked the PTS and it looks like the Ongoing Directive gearset is getting a pretty substantial nerf. Totally unnecessary if you ask me.

According to user /MAJ0R_KONG/ on Reddit, almost all of the utility slots previously featured with the gearset has now been changed to either a offensive or a defensive mod slot. The Ongoing Directive was currently the only gearset that had the potential to function as a somewhat electronic/skillpower type of build, since the gearset consistently rolled utility mod slots.

Se pictures below of how the mod slots are changed.

Live server:

https://i.imgur.com/J5K6whe.jpg

Current PTS:

https://i.imgur.com/k7jsg2s.jpg

Thanks again to user /MAJ0R_KONG/ for providing the pictures.

I just logged on to the PTS and I have lost five utility slots and around a thousand skill power, because of this my current seeker and turret mods doesn't proc anymore, because of the skill power has been lowered. My current skill build is nerfed to the ground.

Since the Hardwired gearset only rolls offensive slots, and it does not looks like they have any intend to change that, we don't really have a utility specific set anymore. I don't understand the reasoning behind this nerf. I know the balancing phase of the PTS haven't started yet, and I'm hoping this won't make it to the live servers and that this is only part of some internal development build, but It's very strange to rework all the skills and skill related builds only to nerf the one of the few utility sets in the next patch.

The best solution in my opinion would be to add a new gearset that would have similar functionality of the Tactician from the first game.

What do you guys think?
     1 people found this helpful

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by NOTr083r73h Go to original post
    Hi,

So I just checked the PTS and it looks like the Ongoing Directive gearset is getting a pretty substantial nerf. Totally unnecessary if you ask me.

According to user /MAJ0R_KONG/ on Reddit, almost all of the utility slots previously featured with the gearset has now been changed to either a offensive or a defensive mod slot. The Ongoing Directive was currently the only gearset that had the potential to function as a somewhat electronic/skillpower type of build, since the gearset consistently rolled utility mod slots.

Se pictures below of how the mod slots are changed.

Live server:

https://i.imgur.com/J5K6whe.jpg

Current PTS:

https://i.imgur.com/k7jsg2s.jpg

Thanks again to user /MAJ0R_KONG/ for providing the pictures.

I just logged on to the PTS and I have lost five utility slots and around a thousand skill power, because of this my current seeker and turret mods doesn't proc anymore, because of the skill power has been lowered. My current skill build is nerfed to the ground.

Since the Hardwired gearset only rolls offensive slots, and it does not looks like they have any intend to change that, we don't really have a utility specific set anymore. I don't understand the reasoning behind this nerf. I know the balancing phase of the PTS haven't started yet, and I'm hoping this won't make it to the live servers and that this is only part of some internal development build, but It's very strange to rework all the skills and skill related builds only to nerf the one of the few utility sets in the next patch.

The best solution in my opinion would be to add a new gearset that would have similar functionality of the Tactician from the first game.

What do you guys think?
    I think if they jack up my OG chestpiece then im gonna have some words. Thats what i think. My words will be short and sweet and likely my last as i dont think ill be allowed to come back.

Never understood why Ongoing featured so many utility mods. It was silly. It is clearly a set that is geared toward weapons. The hardwired set should be the one featuring utility mods. Hopefully they made that adjustment as well

BioXTC's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by qpMaverickqp Go to original post
    Never understood why Ongoing featured so many utility mods. It was silly. It is clearly a set that is geared toward weapons. The hardwired set should be the one featuring utility mods. Hopefully they made that adjustment as well
    This 100%. If they're going to take away OD having tons of yellow slots (the OD chest is a lifesaver and in pretty much all of my skill builds), then HW needs to be changed to yellow mod slots. As it should have been from day 1.

Originally Posted by qpMaverickqp Go to original post
    I don't know about that, you just gottta think outside the box soometime. I personally use 3 pieces of OD in my pryomaniac skill build

It sucks they are changing this up but, I'll adapt.

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    I think if they jack up my OG chestpiece then im gonna have some words. Thats what i think. My words will be short and sweet and likely my last as i dont think ill be allowed to come back.
    I'll have some words too. I'd like to trade this in, please.

SevenNVD's Avatar Senior Member
    From what I understood, they haven't implemented the real gear changes yet, it's not been transformed to 4 piece sets either, right?

I'd wait out that change first.