GuilhermeSJ's Avatar Junior Member

Mysterious patch (17.09.19 - around 500mb) Just broke my game. black screen stuck.

Hi, the title is self explanatory. Yesterday my game was working. Today AC Odyssey does not load, it gets stuck in a black screen with a white square in the corner, cant tell what it is. Maybe it's something about the new exe for subscribers?

All i know is i cant play. Please FIX ASAP. Rollback if necessary.

My system is a ryzen 3900X, 32gb ram, Gtx 1080 (nv 436.30) in windows 10 1903 updated.

Thanks in advance.
     2 people found this helpful

I have a similar problem. Since the patch today the game crashes at irregular intervals.
    My System Intel i7 7700hq 16gb ddr4 ram gtx 1070

Same here

Originally Posted by Loken- Go to original post
    I have a similar problem. Since the patch today the game crashes at irregular intervals.
    My System Intel i7 7700hq 16gb ddr4 ram gtx 1070
    hi

I've installed this patch today. It broke my game too.
    Base game saves are working but the dlc doesn't.
    WTF????

I've run the integrity check on the game files in the uplay app and it found some corrupted one.
    It updated the files automaticaly and now it works

Originally Posted by nnyiri Go to original post
    I've run the integrity check on the game files in the uplay app and it found some corrupted one.
    It updated the files automaticaly and now it works
    semilar problems !

i check the files too and have now 5,95 GB of corrupted files. I hope it work after download :-)
     1 people found this helpful

So it looks like the update is corrupting game files ......

Did Ubisoft just hire some ex-Microsoft employees or something?

I have the same problems too just after the update the game crashes right after loading my safe files. Gonna try verifying files too.

I haven't had any problems at all, the game still works fine in both the main Greece map and DLC maps. I verified the files just to check, all good. The exe running is ACOdyssey.exe and not the new ACOdyssey_plus.exe, and I wonder if people seeing issues are Uplay+ subscribers perhaps?

Originally Posted by Father-Jack Go to original post
    I haven't had any problems at all, the game still works fine in both the main Greece map and DLC maps. I verified the files just to check, all good. The exe running is ACOdyssey.exe and not the new ACOdyssey_plus.exe, and I wonder if people seeing issues are Uplay+ subscribers perhaps?
    Nope ..... I had the same problem and don't have Uplay+ because I pretty much already own the games I want to play .....

File verification fixes it so it's not really a big deal other than it seem to take FOREVEH to verify the files in a game his huge

Yeah verifying files solve the problem, had to download 5 gb of files though.