1. #51
    YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,294
    Originally Posted by a19awesome19 Go to original post
    Are you sure Boomer is time based? It seemed like he only attacks turrets after his vulnerable phase. Not that it matters much, I'm just curious.
    At some point, he destroys the turrets and it's game over after that. It seems like it's about the same time when he does it.
    Share this post

  2. #52
    DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Rooftops and Alleyways of Gotham City
    Posts
    2,387
    Originally Posted by a19awesome19 Go to original post
    I have multiple completions of discovery and normal raid.

    I've never seen a time limit wipe on Buddy and Lucy. What happens when the time limit is reached?

    Are you sure about Boomer having a time limit? Are you talking about him destroying turrets?

    I'll concede Razorback even though I personally feel it is not a traditional time limit.
    I was referring to the Normal Raid. Boomer has a time limit... if you don't kill him fast enough, you literally can't kill him. Lucy and Buddy will blow up the room killing everyone after 5 or 6 minutes, The chimichanga's at Razerback are on a timer and will kill everyone if not killed first, and the generators have to be done simultaneously, not just whenever people feel like doing them like it is in the Discovery Mode Raid. The only one I'm not sure has a time limit is Weasel.

    Originally Posted by a19awesome19 Go to original post
    Communication - There are many ways to communicate. How is a third party VOIP service a requirement?
    I never said it was. But communication is needed to complete the normal raid because timing and coordination matter in the normal raid. I tried the discover mode raid, the first 5 times were half empty groups of people just standing around and no one was resetting the raid to start the raid again, the 6th time the raid was actually started but no on talked and it took me and one other guy running around doing generators because everyone else was just shooting Razorback.
    Share this post

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    *shrug* you can believe it or not, but three people have independently stated that there *are* time limits.
    Even if there are time limits, an entire group of bad builds can successfully complete the raid. It is unreasonable to say the raid requires a good build.
    Share this post

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by a19awesome19 Go to original post
    Even if there are time limits, an entire group of bad builds can successfully complete the raid. It is unreasonable to say the raid requires a good build.
    And where did I make that argument?

    What I do agree with is that communication is important. And I don't mean having chatty people in the group, more that they all have mics and are willing to coordinate activities using them. Eight random people speaking different languages running around playing hero aren't going to get very far, regardless of the build they have.
    Share this post

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    I was referring to the Normal Raid..
    Either way, you are wrong. Maybe I didn't notice time limits because I was busy completing the raid on all difficulties, multiple times. (Secret just for you: I mash random buttons on weasel and it works a surprising amount. Never had a group leave because we couldn't get the plane started in a timely manner.)

    I never said it was. But communication is needed to complete the normal raid because timing and coordination matter in the normal raid.
    How does matchmaking affect communication? Matchmaking actually increases communication. Matchmaking is literally creating communication where there was no communication before.

    I really wish people would stop pretending that matchmaker means no one is allowed to talk.

    I tried the discover mode raid, the first 5 times were half empty groups of people just standing around and no one was resetting the raid to start the raid again,
    Incredibly simple solution: don't matchmake after Razorback has been defeated.

    Or, start your own group.

    the 6th time the raid was actually started but no on talked and it took me and one other guy running around doing generators because everyone else was just shooting Razorback
    That is not matchmakers fault.

    Make your own group. Chat them up before starting the raid. If they won't talk in the lobby, kick them from your group. (Matchmaker makes this process much easier.)
    Share this post

  6. #56
    Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    And where did I make that argument?.
    You didn't. You piggy backed into a discussion. I apologize if I misquoted you.

    What I do agree with is that communication is important.
    There are multiple ways to communicate. Matchmaking does not reduce anyones ability to communicate.

    Communication may be important. Communicating through Discord or official forums is NOT important at all. Built in VOIP works just as well as Discord. Built in text chat works just as well as internet forums.
    Share this post

  7. #57
    Originally Posted by a19awesome19 Go to original post
    You didn't. You piggy backed into a discussion. I apologize if I misquoted you.



    There are multiple ways to communicate. Matchmaking does not reduce anyones ability to communicate.

    Communication may be important. Communicating through Discord or official forums is NOT important at all. Built in VOIP works just as well as Discord. Built in text chat works just as well as internet forums.
    LMAO if you think using text chat is going to be viable during the raid

    I'll remind you that I didn't argue for or against using Discord, just pointing out that it is a currently viable way to get into a raid group.
    Share this post

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    LMAO if you think using text chat is going to be viable during the raid

    I'll remind you that I didn't argue for or against using Discord, just pointing out that it is a currently viable way to get into a raid group.
    In the middle of a fight? Yea, text chat will be sketchy. Before the shooting? Very viable form of communication.

    My argument is that matchmaker doesn't interfere with communication. Discord will work exactly the same with or without in game matchmaker.
    Share this post

  9. #59
    Merphee's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,795
    Originally Posted by a19awesome19 Go to original post
    Or, start your own group.
    !?

    Hold on. You tell someone else to start their own group as a solution for their problem with Discovery..

    ...yet you don't want to do that for Normal!? You've given someone else the solution to your own problem! Even going so far as calling it simple! What is this..
    Share this post

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    !?

    Hold on. You tell someone else to start their own group as a solution for their problem with Discovery..

    ...yet you don't want to do that for Normal!? You've given someone else the solution to your own problem! Even going so far as calling it simple! What is this..
    1. Your problem isn't with discovery mode. Your problem is with other players / Ubisoft.
    2. I would be absolutely fine with creating my own normal raid group by using matchmaker. If it was possible.

    EDIT: 3. Are you ever going to answer the questions I asked you?
    Share this post