Raid matchmaking please

"We decided to not include matchmaking, as we don't think this would make a good gameplay experience for random groups," The Division 2 community developer Hamish Bode said in a statement back in May. "The Raid will test your ability to communicate well, have a good build set up, and will require great teamwork to beat encounters."
    If I never play with randoms, how would I ever meet someone new?

How does matchmaking affect how well I communicate?

Skill builds are clearing the raid. Good builds are not required. Player skill can overcome bad builds.

How does matchmaking affect how well I work in a team?

Please just suppress the ego and put in matchmaking for the normal difficulty raid(s). God bless you if you improve matchmaking as well.
     4 people found this helpful

May I ask how will you fight Weasel bosses without communication and changing gass sides every 15 seconds?
    Even in story mode there is always a strugle with this fight to start, and you only need to push computers once.

I don't even want to mention double Chungus...

Even few months after first raid is released I have to throw granates on both sides and to kill all chungus spawns by myself in like 50% of story mode raids.

Just because 1 guy is enough to carry you through story mode raid don't you think the same will apply to normal raid. You will fail normal raid 95% of the time if MMaked I guarantee.
     1 people found this helpful

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    Massive. Give them MM please! What is the difference anyway. You give players who complain their way so why stop now.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Gorr3D Go to original post
    May I ask how will you fight Weasel bosses without communication and changing gass sides every 15 seconds?
    Even in story mode there is always a strugle with this fight to start, and you only need to push computers once.

Even few months after first raid is released I have to throw granates on both sides and to kill all chungus spawns by myself in like 50% of story mode raids.

Just because 1 guy is enough to carry you through story mode raid don't you think the same will apply to normal raid. You will fail normal raid 95% of the time if MMaked I guarantee.
    Communication comes in two parts 1) talking and 2) listening. It only takes a couple of people talking and everyone else listening. They don't even have to have mics for that. As long as those talking know what they are doing.

I have been in Raids, that during Boomer, when I am asking which computer I need hit and no one can hear cause they are all flapping their traps and none are listening. I have been in grops where one or two people are giving orders and everyone else is listening and doing what is needed. I have seen this issue with clans and with Discord as well as MM. There is no reason not to include MM for the Raid, they have done it for every other part of the game.

Freudian-Slips's Avatar Senior Member
    You will fail normal raid 95% of the time if MMaked I guarantee.
    So?

Shouldn't that be upto the players to decide the fate of their Raiding. If they want to go full random and risk it WHY NOT?, me personally have found many a new friend from MM in content in other games, so i don't see why they couldn't in this for those who want the risk/fun of it.

Not everyone wants to be in a milsim style group shouting orders at each other, you know even random MM groups can have cohesion.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Freudian-Slips Go to original post
    So?

Shouldn't that be upto the players to decide the fate of their Raiding. If they want to go full random and risk it WHY NOT?.
    I'm sympathetic to getting MM for the regular raid. But the reality is that you'll then get a million threads complaining about how the raid is too hard, and it needs to be made easier. Don't believe me? Just go back to the first couple of weeks where console users were making that exact complaint.

MerlinMMX's Avatar Senior Member
    I say include MM, but the game only allows you to actually MM if it detects a mic.

None of that is matchmakings fault.

Originally Posted by Freudian-Slips Go to original post
    So?

Shouldn't that be upto the players to decide the fate of their Raiding. If they want to go full random and risk it WHY NOT?, me personally have found many a new friend from MM in content in other games, so i don't see why they couldn't in this for those who want the risk/fun of it.

Not everyone wants to be in a milsim style group shouting orders at each other, you know even random MM groups can have cohesion.
    Because you refuse to see the bigger picture while sticking to your beliefs.

If they introduce normal MM I am 100% sure it will have low % of players finishing it.

Only solution for this is to dumb down actual normal raid difficulty which I am fightning against. Not only current raid but future ones also.

They are working on different kind of MM for this matter but that takes some time I guess... I expect it to be some kind of public area where you can make your own raid team from the present members. That means you are responsible for your own team and can not blaim "stupid MM" because you are failing normal MM raid 95% of the time.

There is a good reason why normal MM is not introduced yet even technical part is solved.

Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    Communication comes in two parts 1) talking and 2) listening. It only takes a couple of people talking and everyone else listening. They don't even have to have mics for that. As long as those talking know what they are doing.

I have been in Raids, that during Boomer, when I am asking which computer I need hit and no one can hear cause they are all flapping their traps and none are listening. I have been in grops where one or two people are giving orders and everyone else is listening and doing what is needed. I have seen this issue with clans and with Discord as well as MM. There is no reason not to include MM for the Raid, they have done it for every other part of the game.
    I agree with you, but also you are having really positive attitude about people participating in the raid. Problem with normal raid is that only 2 people not willing / able to listen is enough to fail it or make it insanelly frustrating. Even in my clan runs if people are tired / to much newbies are present we start to struggle with basic things on buddy/lucy for example.

At this point I would really like to see normal MM introduced and to prove my expectations wrong... maybe it will soon push away all the unprepared/not willing to listen players and actually made good call from developers.

I have nothing against normal MM, I just have strong reservation towards actually using it. And I will be more than happy to be proven wrong as I will be the first one using it a lot.
     1 people found this helpful

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    I'm sympathetic to getting MM for the regular raid. But the reality is that you'll then get a million threads complaining about how the raid is too hard, and it needs to be made easier. Don't believe me? Just go back to the first couple of weeks where console users were making that exact complaint.
    (Sarcasm) Yeah, I would hate to come to the forums and see anyone complaining about anything here. Hey by the way, did you hear that they may decide to nerf the EB. If you haven't feel free to read just about every other post on the front page of the forums. It's may have been brought up a couple of times. (End Sarcasm)

Complaints happen. We have different playstyles and interest. We are a huge player base, so there will always be complaints.

Punishing those who would rather MM, cause you don't want to hear them complain. Fear of players asking for the Raids nerfed. That's already happened to an extent. Yet some how we all survived.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►