The 15% EB damage nerf wouldn't be an issue if not for this...

1. The EB is locked behind the hardest PVE activity in the game. Its acquisition was a well deserved reward.
    2. The EB is a close-encounter weapon due to its characteristics. The 416 Custom for example is much much better at medium to long range fights simply due to its consistent stability and accuracy. There are quite a few AR's that fair better at range actually. The EB is quite a handful and you end up missing a lot of your shots.
    3. The EB does not accept any type of mods. You can not adjust stability for example. It is awarded "as is".
    4. The EB was ok in PVE (mind point #1) due to the 60 round mag and that slight extra damage (just over a 1K advantage compared to a high damage roll 416). Spraying 60 rounds with that higher damage brought it into line even though a lot of those shots missed the target (mid to long range).
    5. The EB was good in PVP (although again, you had to earn it through PVE?) because most PVP encounters with the EB take place (or are forced to take place) at relatively close range and Tenacity was useful given the short encounter times...

Now... forget the argument "but didn't we improve gear and shouldn't that compensate and make you guys happy?" - please tell me exactly what build compensates for the 15% damage loss without sacrificing something else? Right... whatever can be said if anything - can be applied pretty much to any AR then.

The 15% damage nerf to EB is:

a) A slap in the face of those who devoted a lot of time and energy into grinding the raid just to get the holy grail of weapons.
    b) A possible reason not to even bother with the raid any more.
    c) An easy shortcut to calming down all of the PVP crying but one that will not pay off for all of the reasons listed here.
    d) A solid reason not to even carry the EB in your inventory in PVE.

Effectively the 15% damage you are about to take away made up for an otherwise pretty unstable and situational AR platform. A platform awarded for the hardest and most time-consuming activity in the game.

There are only a few ways of addressing this situation:

1) Cancel the nerf, leave everything as is.
    2) Deploy the nerf but at the same time increase stability by the same 15% at the very least.
    3) Cancel the nerf but at the same time replace Tenacity with something else (like increased stability).
    4) Cancel the nerf and instead reduce Eagle Strike from 35% to 10%.

Otherwise UBI/Massive: you are just catering to PVP players. Players that complain with a large % of them not even having been awarded the EB. At the same time you are just punishing PVE players for no apparent reason. Your counter-argument could be "well, the EB wasn't widely used in PVE anyway" - right.... so then why lock it behind the hardest PVE activity? And more importantly why even bother doing anything to acquire it and what should those that worked hard for it do with it now?
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Grauheart Go to original post
    1. The EB is locked behind the hardest PVE activity in the game. Its acquisition was a well deserved reward.
    2. The EB is a close-encounter weapon due to its characteristics. The 416 Custom for example is much much better at medium to long range fights simply due to its consistent stability and accuracy. There are quite a few AR's that fair better at range actually. The EB is quite a handful and you end up missing a lot of your shots.
    3. The EB does not accept any type of mods. You can not adjust stability for example. It is awarded "as is".
    4. The EB was ok in PVE (mind point #1) due to the 60 round mag and that slight extra damage (just over a 1K advantage compared to a high damage roll 416). Spraying 60 rounds with that higher damage brought it into line even though a lot of those shots missed the target (mid to long range).
    5. The EB was good in PVP (although again, you had to earn it through PVE?) because most PVP encounters with the EB take place (or are forced to take place) at relatively close range and Tenacity was useful given the short encounter times...

Now... forget the argument "but didn't we improve gear and shouldn't that compensate and make you guys happy?" - please tell me exactly what build compensates for the 15% damage loss without sacrificing something else? Right... whatever can be said if anything - can be applied pretty much to any AR then.

a) A slap in the face of those who devoted a lot of time and energy into grinding the raid just to get the holy grail of weapons.
    c) An easy shortcut to calming down all of the PVP crying but one that will not pay off for all of the reasons listed here.

Effectively the 15% damage you are about to take away made up for an otherwise pretty unstable and situational AR platform. A platform awarded for the hardest and most time-consuming activity in the game.

2) Deploy the nerf but at the same time increase stability by the same 15% at the very least.
    3) Cancel the nerf but at the same time replace Tenacity with something else (like increased stability).

Otherwise UBI/Massive: you are just catering to PVP players. Players that complain with a large % of them not even having been awarded the EB. At the same time you are just punishing PVE players for no apparent reason. Your counter-argument could be "well, the EB wasn't widely used in PVE anyway" - right.... so then why lock it behind the hardest PVE activity? And more importantly why even bother doing anything to acquire it and what should those that worked hard for it do with it now?
    Funny thing is that not even die hard PvPers wanted this nerf. My clan is the best Spanish PvP clan and we're all upset with this nerf, I can say the same about a lot of other clans.

The devs didnt listen to either PvP or PvE side, they listened to people who are too lazy to complete the raid.

Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by tt_ivi_99 Go to original post
    The devs didnt listen to either PvP or PvE side, they listened to people who are too lazy to complete the raid.
    Just for info, not everyone is lazy, a lot of players ain't got the time to commit themselves to a raid, i.e kids/work etc etc.

EDIT: I myself don't give a damm about the EB.....don't have it and never will as raids bore me to death, it's why i quit wow
     2 people found this helpful

DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Riflemania Go to original post
    Just for info, not everyone is lazy, a lot of players ain't got the time to commit themselves to a raid, i.e kids/work etc etc.

EDIT: I myself don't give a damm about the EB.....don't have it and never will as raids bore me to death, it's why i quit wow
    The raid doesn't take all that long. Maybe an hour, likely less than that.

Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    The raid doesn't take all that long. Maybe an hour, likely less than that.
    It's not so much about how long it takes it's what happens when in the raid, kids, the wife, hey even the dog, RL shi*.......so may different factors to take in.

I can see it now "Hey guys, do you mind holding on a bit, baby has done a stinker and need to change his nappy"........this is not a very sympathetic game.

That's why there are raiders and non raiders.

But my point was "Not everyone is lazy"

Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    If anyone who has spent any amount of time playing TD2 reads your post in its entirety, they will realize from the context that you sorely want the Eagle Bearer to remain overpowered by a noticeable margin. It's in your tone and your plea for a compromise.

Exotics are meant to be a luxury. The extra olive in our martini or the silk sheets of our games.

The Eagle Bearer is, obviously, still very good. Personally, I am loving the Diamondback. It's fantastic if you build for it. If they gave it a 15% nerf I wouldn't lose any sleep at all.

The exotics are all decent in this game and the EB will continue to be decent.

DarkKnight27us's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Riflemania Go to original post
    It's not so much about how long it takes it's what happens when in the raid, kids, the wife, hey even the dog, RL shi*.......so may different factors to take in.

I can see it now "Hey guys, do you mind holding on a bit, baby has done a stinker and need to change his nappy"........this is not a very sympathetic game.

That's why there are raiders and non raiders.

But my point was "Not everyone is lazy"
    Ah, it seemed like you were saying it took too long to do. My misunderstanding.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Grauheart Go to original post

This nerf really has nothing to do with players. It is about the next "Big Thing", it's about those items behind the next Raid. Now you have a reason to pursue it. Now you have to have it. They can't release something new and take the chance that the EB be it's equal.

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    After hearing of all the changes in PTS for TU6 which I wasn’t too happy about the nerfs I finally broke the habit of playing D2 every single day since launch! Some changes like loot and specific location of loot items were needed. I logged on and within 5 logged off. I decided to look on steam to find something else to play and stumbled onto Wolfenstein 2. Its is amazing. Thanks massive for turning me on to this!

If the PTS goes live with these changes it will definitively help me break the addiction to play this game. Thanks massive for doing me a favor.

Uhnomuhlee's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by cn555ic Go to original post
    After hearing of all the changes in PTS for TU6 which I wasn’t too happy about the nerfs I finally broke the habit of playing D2! Some changes like loot and specific location of loot items were needed,

If the PTS goes live with these changes it will definitively help me break the addiction to play this game. Thanks massive for doing me a favor
    I don't even...