Strange... bug? I'm not sure.

So, I started playing AC Odyssey yesterday to complete the daily Orichalcum quest. As I loaded my save, the game took an unusually long time to load (or at least, it felt that way). As soon as it finished loading, I had a notification of a new quest... which is unusual alone.

I checked in the menu, and the 'new quest' actually related to one of the Lost Tales of Greece, Sokrates Trial. I am 100% certain that I haven't even started the quest - I've seen the icon in Phokis, but haven't started it whatsoever. Which made the sudden leap in progress on that quest to be quite odd.

I hit record on my PS4 to capture what had happened, so I have a video:

I checked the quest progress on the map and in the quest log, and it seems to have progressed without me actually starting it.

Any thoughts?

rorobfo's Avatar Senior Member
    Besides loading time, this seems to be NO BUG, since Sokrates' Trial Lost Tale came out last week and is probably available at your first log after that when you have finished his quest line before.

Originally Posted by rorobfo Go to original post
    Besides loading time, this seems to be NO BUG, since Sokrates' Trial Lost Tale came out last week and is probably available at your first log after that when you have finished his quest line before.

Hi

Im sorry, I think you're misunderstanding the problem? I might be wrong idk. The Sokrates Trial quest has been available for around a week, and the quest starter was at Pilgrim's Landing in Phokis, just below the viewpoint/fast travel location. I haven't played the quest, so every time I've logged on to AC Odyssey the Lost Tales of Greece marker for the start of the Sokrates Trial quest has been in the same place... because I haven't started the quest.

Yesterday when AC Odyssey loaded (with a strangely long loading screen the video shows), the game gave me a notification that a new quest was available - part of the Sokrates Trial quest, despite it being available to me on the map for a while before. This new quest isn't the start of the ST quest, which means the game seems to think I've completed more of the ST quest than I actually have, because I haven't even started it.

In the video, the quest description is "Kassandra set out to question the pythia and find out why she told Sokrates what she did" - that shouldn't be the quest Im on. I have no idea what the Pythia told Sokrates because I haven't started the quest, the game just advanced the quest for me when I loaded the game yesterday. I hope that makes sense? The bug and/or issue is relating to the game advancing a quest for me that I haven't even started. I hope that makes sense?

rorobfo's Avatar Senior Member
    Hi , well, sorry. Didn't do that quest so far so probably not working as intended for you.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there GeneralXIV,

Thanks for sharing the video with us! I am not quite sure if this is a bug or not. However I will move this to our dedicated Player Support forum, so our Team can investigate.