5.0: ships disappearing

Since the botanica update, I've "lost" trading ships twice on trading routes, both times I've noticed it after resuming a saved game. The trade route the ship was on has no ship assigned to it, and I have no ships of that type idle. None of my trading ships have been destroyed by AI.

(no screenshot because it would just show a trading route with no ship assigned to it)
     1 people found this helpful

There are 3 ships permanently stuck at old world and 2 at new world, this might have something to do with it.

title says 5.0 but it's 5.1

So I resumed my game again, and again I see a another trading route with no ship assigned to it anymore. My stuck ships on the world map have gotten unstuck and are replaced by other ships now stuck. Current situation: 1 stuck at old world, 7 stuck at trelawny.

Today I have 4 new routes with no ship assigned anymore, but only 1 stuck ship on the world map. So these 2 issues seem not related at all. The ships are of course nowhere to be found. So in addtion to the influence leaks I frequently encounter , I now leak influence on rebuilding ships too. Great.

Hello! I have a similar issue. I have no ghost ships or stuck ships yet. But each time I get onto the game I lose 1 influence point. When I close game and restart game I get my 1 point back. Then I noticed something. I noticed this 1 influence point I keep losing and getting back goes to military category. But I did not build any new war ships or built any new harbor defenses.

I have videos I linked below. In the first one I am at 179 influence, and exactly as I said it went to military. So military is at 209 influence investment. In the second video after restart. I have my 180 influence points back. I got my one point back. When I look to military again I see the influence investment has dropped by 1 point to 208 total investment. Again I have NOT built any NEW warships OR any NEW harbor defenses.

Hello, I have the same bug, I observed that the ships for some trade routes disappeared. I investigated and i can see my boats stuck on the edge of the map without being able to select them.
    This is a very frustrating bug and i cant afford to spend more influence on building boats if i keep losing them.
    The bug is here in version 5.1

I loaded up the game again to search for ships at the edge of the map like dernico14 described.
    It must be a lucky day, my trade routes screen shows no missing ships.

On Trelawny I find this suspicious group of ships idling for no reason.

I can select all three and unpause them, they sail off towards old world. Notice The Penguin that is selected.
    Seconds later, I go check on old world to see if there's any ships stuck there. This is what I find stuck at the edge of the map.

Again the Penguin! Timewarped to the old world but with a different load. I resume its trade path and it sails of on its merry way towards Trelawny.

At this point, I have no idea how not every island I have is rioting for lack of supplies, because anything related to ships seems completely borked. I must be overproducing like a madman.

Completely unrelated, but posting that screenshot reminded me of it.

There's a quest star on the map that has been there for a long, long time. First time I checked it there was nothing there, just water. A few days later, this mysterious ship appeared and it's been there ever since. No quest though, and it doesn't stop madame Kahina from dishing up other quests.