UbiKeeba's Avatar Community Manager

Staff Picks - September 13

Greetings Riders!

This week's Staff Picks comes to you from the level design team. They looked through Track Central and found their favorites and we wanted to highlight just a few of the amazing creations they found.

Track: K8: Back to the roots
    Creator: KALzzone8
    Trials Track

The simplicity of this track proves that sometimes less is more. The clean visuals and focus on the driveline really highlights the best of Trials building techniques. Looking through KALzzone8's other creations, you can see how they consistently produce fun yet engaging driving lines with clean and well-decorated visuals.

Track: [KRO] Ghetto Boulot Dodo
    Creator: kroneb
    Trials Track

This track's technical driveline mixed with the realistic-looking environment made it stand out from the others. The overturned subway contained a really cool camera shot that helps the transition from the underground to the station lobby. Overall, kroneb created a challenging yet rewarding track. The helicopter with the cage provided a nice dynamic obstacle that requires efficient use of the rider's weight.

Track: Penrose (Extreme)
    Creator: ZZZZZZach
    Trails Track

This is one of the most visually stunning tracks we've seen. The chessboard in the background towards the end is beautifully designed and visually impactful. The cell-shaded feel of the track really sets the vibe. Penrose is a challenging extreme track with decent variation in driving line obstacles.

In addition to our regular Staff Picks, you may have also noticed our brand new Community Picks feed. This feed will feature picks that are brought forth by you, the community. This week we feature some selections by GUS_ARTMAN and Oregon Pacifist.

Do you know any Track Central or Gear Store gems we have missed? Let us know in the comments below! Until then, we'll see you on the leaderboards.

Nice picks this go around, glad to see some older tracks getting some love. But im really here to say how awesome it is that your giving Oregon Pacifist and Gus a chance to lead the Community Track Central Feed. Those guys are perfect for the job, and their dedication and effort towards Trials and its community is nothing short of amazing! Hope to see you guys (Ubi/RL) do more of this. There are so many talented Builders, Web Designers, Programmers, Artists, Streamers, etc., within this incredible community. Working with them, and rewarding their efforts, could really help Trials Rising become the best in the series
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by UbiKeeba Go to original post
    In addition to our regular Staff Picks, you may have also noticed our brand new Community Picks feed. This feed will feature picks that are brought forth by you, the community. This week we feature some selections by GUS_ARTMAN and Oregon Pacifist.
    This is fantastic to see, but the wording is a little confusing. Is the feed going to completely change from week to week and show a set of picks by different people each time, is it an ongoing list that will grow from whomever you get to add track picks each week, or is it just a feed managed by Gus and Pacifist?

All those are good--I just want to know how to process its offerings. Thanks for this.

GUS and OP will pick tracks for that feed.

Morfyboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Can I make a suggestion? Would it not be easier if we had our own ‘Community Suggestions Thread? It would make sense to keep everything in one post, and also we would be able to see all suggested tracks.

Here are a few suggestions from me.

https://youtu.be/DkopwcuqFik - Neo New York by AMORPHOUS

https://youtu.be/DHrPAGfnWGM - WAR by THDTE

https://youtu.be/1bqu-eBc7P4 397 - Hearts of Gold by RaketeAel397

https://youtu.be/qgVd2oaEWGM - NEWTONIA by THE ELMONATOR

https://youtu.be/tj2a3Zqj3ss - [FRK] Lack-o-Motion by II_GTA_FREAK_II

https://youtu.be/giSBdHNn1Co - After Rain by AMORPHOUS

It would be great to see some older builds in there, and some gems that went unnoticed.

Originally Posted by Morfyboy Go to original post
    Here are a few suggestions from me.
    You might want to look more closely at the screenshot for the Community Picks feed above. You'll see several of your wants are there already.

It would be great to see some older builds in there, and some gems that went unnoticed.
    This is my hope, too. I'd say the initial Community Picks show that will happen. They probably just want to not overwhelm on the initial pool (and save some good stuff for later, to maintain interest).

Morfyboy's Avatar Senior Member
    You might want to look more closely at the screenshot for the Community Picks feed above. You'll see several of your wants are there already.

Oh darn. LoL. I’ve not had time to look at the feed as yet. Been very busy when I read about this for the first time. Plus, just noticed the image above is of the actual Community Picks. #Doh !
    Glad to see good tracks getting picked at least.

Is there somewhere we can suggest tracks? I'd really like to see one of Optik4's in there (eg, Reclaimed). I love their tracks and it's always sad they seem to have let RL drive them away before any of these appreciation feeds were going.

I noticed the Community Picks was entirely different last night--and much shorter. Is this not going to grow like a feed? Does it change on a schedule? Is there a list somewhere of the tracks that have gotten the pick, for people who miss a period?

BCDraven's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by TyrianMollusk Go to original post
    I noticed the Community Picks was entirely different last night--and much shorter. Is this not going to grow like a feed? Does it change on a schedule? Is there a list somewhere of the tracks that have gotten the pick, for people who miss a period?
    I noticed this myself and was wondering why they took away over half the list...I figured it would grow with a collection of tracks so people could always play them. All you would have to do is always add the new picks up top or even have a border around the new picks until the next set takes over.