game play

This game is a damn joke. The most annoying thing that has ever been created. I want to jab a knife in my eye melt it down, while its in my skull, and bend it around to come out my other eye socket. I'm in the under ground I see an X, try to take cover, I end up on another wall and get killed by a hunter I've been trying to kill for 15 minutes. The game should be renamed Glitch. What a piece of crap. I spent five dollars on it and paid waaaay too much. Not to mention all the controllers i've broken because of how this game intentionally sets out to screw you. They should be paying me for this crap NOBODY BUY UBISOFT. JUNK!

LOL. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

I am not a 'git gud' type of person but my god dude, grow the f up. The hunters are supposed to be the most lethal NPC in the game but if it takes you more than a minute (except Legendary), you are either under geared, using poor strategy, or can't aim. Once geared properly, with good tactics, you can down them literally in seconds. When running my D3 build and running with a team, I love nothing more than if they want/let me take on all 5 hunters myself. Sure, I get downed once in a while, but it is usually my fault.

If you were in the underground, then you have played to the end game at least level 30. I think unless being power leveled, that probably takes ~15 hours. So, at that price rate, that's 3 hours per dollar. That is cheap entertainment by any standard. If you were power leveled, that could explain the difficulty.

I won't say the game doesn't have issues, but I have never seen what you are describing in my 3k hours in the game. Perhaps it was just lag. If you have broken multiple controllers due to any game ever, you need anger management training. I am nearly 50 and I have broken exactly one item due to game rage. I was ~12 and I learned from it and haven't done it since.

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys r us kid. A kid at 49. Anger issues maybe, but this is the only thing that really sets me off. I have no control. Whats the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm in the under ground again. Enter a room with disrupt, I go back three rooms and still disrupted. To say they have some issues is an understatement. Aiming issues most definitely. Very hard to hit a target that can dodge bullets. When they get shocked they still move to cover so you can't get to them, set them on fire and they still shoot at you and keep moving as if nothing happened. I can never kill another agent in the dark zone. I use no cheat codes or aim bot. But if your going to cheat whats the point? I AM THE GREATEST! There I said it first I win. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope you find this entertaining too.

I can fully understand why someone gets mad over how the game is behaving at times. I have also experienced the issues mentioned many times. NPCs that are immune to status effects, or get in cover first and only then find out they were set on fire, doing nothing else but spam you with grenades, appear to get ridiculous damage boosts, server lag, etc, etc. On the other hand, when you have a decent weapon and gear set most NPCs can be taken down fairly quickly, as well as the infamous hunters. Good strategy for the hunter is to fall back where there is only one way for them to come to you. Sit in cover and survive the shock and sticky spam, in the end they will always try to melee kill a player. And having played this game for many hours I have learned one vital thing. When NPCs are moving they don't shoot, so when in the end the hunter is coning for you, start shooting at him. This works in survival and underground, although underground can be a bit tricky some times if you're not sure where they spawned.

Rroff's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by echolecter Go to original post
    I can fully understand why someone gets mad over how the game is behaving at times. I have also experienced the issues mentioned many times. NPCs that are immune to status effects, or get in cover first and only then find out they were set on fire, doing nothing else but spam you with grenades, appear to get ridiculous damage boosts, server lag, etc, etc. On the other hand, when you have a decent weapon and gear set most NPCs can be taken down fairly quickly, as well as the infamous hunters. Good strategy for the hunter is to fall back where there is only one way for them to come to you. Sit in cover and survive the shock and sticky spam, in the end they will always try to melee kill a player. And having played this game for many hours I have learned one vital thing. When NPCs are moving they don't shoot, so when in the end the hunter is coning for you, start shooting at him. This works in survival and underground, although underground can be a bit tricky some times if you're not sure where they spawned.
    I find a lot of players don't seem to react to hunters right especially in resistance - running towards or trying to engage them on the spot when they should be strategically dropping back or running away under situations where they should be putting pressure on the hunter, etc.

Sorry if that came across a bit harsh above, but I took it as childish so I guess I responded in kind...

All good tips above, one other thing I can add as far as the underground, is prediction. It takes some practice / experience but you can get where you'll always guess when it is either end of phase or hunters will spawn. Like the expression goes, knowing is half the battle.

When you are in the UG, you'll notice every time you clear a room, or complete an objective, the map will quickly update with a new pointer, range, and objective. When the hunters are going to spawn, you'll have cleared the room, but it doesn't update. Once you are keyed in, you'll have ~8 seconds probably from when it should update, to when the hunters spawn. Almost always, I use this to find the area I came in from. You know that area was clear and in the odd chance something else spawned, they are minimal. As mentioned above, funneling them down a long narrow hallway is the best. But, be aware that the axe swing has an area of effect radius, even behind the person getting hit.

I was in a group of 4 players. I correctly predicted the hunters were spawning and we had all got to a narrow cut with one main opening. One hunter spawned close and immediately sprinted towards us. I was the only one running D3 so I stepped forward slightly and fired at him so he would target me. He did, hitting my shield as expected. But, because I was only maybe a step or two in front of the group, his axe to my shield, caused the other 3 players to go down in one hit. I hit T to revive everyone and he swung again, dropping them all again (I should have realized that would happen). I finished him off, then I tried to revive one player but before I got him revived, another hunter charged. In the end, they kept running in at just the wrong interval so I ended up killing all 5 hunters. Speaking of which, the hunters always spawn +1 to your group. If you are alone, you'll get 2. 2 players get 3, 3 get 4, and so on.

I didn't like the D3 when I first played the set, largely because of motion sickness issues when deploying the shield. However, when the hunters were introduced to the UG (maybe around 1.3?), we got killed some and I just couldn't quite get a handle on how they worked and thought maybe being up close and personal might help. I found that a decent 6.4 F/A and stam build could take at least 3 hits from their axe before it would break. If you are struggling and have the set, give it a go (4 pieces or more). I will say that I have found solo with a skill build makes for a long fight, largely because of the disrupt. It is much worse on the boss rounds. I forget which one it is but their is a heavy, maybe Thunder that pops an EMP about every 20 seconds. Most of the time there is just enough time to use healing before he does it again. Combine that with contamination event and hunters and you are going OMGWTF.

One other thing about the hunters if you are playing in a group and want to farm them. After the hunters spawn, before going on, you can switch the leader of the group to a new leader and that resets the possibility for them to spawn.