1. #1

    Caveira old pistol

    As I am a Cav main during defend I've played her a lot. The pistol felt way more reliable back before the rebalancing. It said that it should also deal a bit more dmg from a longer distance and a bit less from up close, but this isn't true. It's just total rng right now. Sometimes it's 1 bullet up close and then suddenly over 6 bullets (hits of course) up close.

    Please change it back to the way it used to be, cause right now it's actual trash and very unreliable. Same goes for her smg. I think it's the slowest smg in the game but the bullet spread is such trash on it as well. Balance her a bit more I beg of you.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by KillinInstinct Go to original post
    As I am a Cav main during defend I've played her a lot. The pistol felt way more reliable back before the rebalancing. It said that it should also deal a bit more dmg from a longer distance and a bit less from up close, but this isn't true. It's just total rng right now. Sometimes it's 1 bullet up close and then suddenly over 6 bullets (hits of course) up close.

    Please change it back to the way it used to be, cause right now it's actual trash and very unreliable. Same goes for her smg. I think it's the slowest smg in the game but the bullet spread is such trash on it as well. Balance her a bit more I beg of you.
    Yep remove her interro buff her smg and give her c4.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Greedy_Juice69 Go to original post
    Yep remove her interro buff her smg and give her c4.
    So make a fancy Recruit?
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,438
    I don't play Cav much but I have not noticed her to be any weaker than she has ever been. I definitely don't feel like she needs a buff in anyway. She's still, if not the best, she's easily one of the best defenders in the game. At least at low gold she is very, very formidable and often gets banned anyway.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    I don't play Cav much but I have not noticed her to be any weaker than she has ever been. I definitely don't feel like she needs a buff in anyway. She's still, if not the best, she's easily one of the best defenders in the game. At least at low gold she is very, very formidable and often gets banned anyway.
    Yeah, she's in a very good spot. I play high gold most of the time, and she can be very tough to handle. Typically, no one is expecting her at this level of play, and if they spot you, map knowledge is key. Make a fresh rotation. I often rely on someone on my team to help spot while I listen. My brother usually plays echo or Valk, and his callouts are invaluable.

    Playing Cav with a "spotter" makes her Uber deadly. No buffs needed.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by DroneYoinker Go to original post
    So make a fancy Recruit?
    No she would still have silent step making her much more difficult to notice if you dont have a dedicated flankwatch. Besides that she would remain a counter to jackal. Basically like vigil an operator that needs to delay and frag out to justify the pick.
    Her loadout would be buffed and they could actually buff her pistol again as well.
    Its just an unfair mechanic that people get punished for having a teammate without brain who goes in solo.
    Just today i played cav got an interrogation on an ash player miles from the obj and the thermite and hibana who were close to site got killed when they were marked with wh.
    Thats just so fckd up that two people die and they loose the round because one of them didnt care to drone me out.
    I also have been on the recieving end of it end of it and while i normally manage to stay alive, I loose all the map control i got because i have to go outside and have to reobtain it again.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,438
    Its just an unfair mechanic that people get punished for having a teammate without brain who goes in solo.
    This is what makes Cavera brutal right here. Teams handle her fine. Don't get me wrong, she's still a beast under any circumstance but moron lone wolfs make her lethal.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    This is what makes Cavera brutal right here. Teams handle her fine. Don't get me wrong, she's still a beast under any circumstance but moron lone wolfs make her lethal.
    Yeah thats the thing unless you bring a 5 stack you cant rely on your teammates being smart and working as a team. If that one guy rushes in and dies without doing any srs damage on the defense its bad enough for his teammates. But if he gets interrogated it looses attack 10 seconds, a lot of map control and potentially even result in more kills if someone is in a vulerable spot.
    They will most likely not make such a fundamental change anyway but i just feel like that its a broken mechanic(Not op). I would even rate cav one of the weaker ops of defense since she really doesnt bring much utility and has a weak smg but the mechanic of punishing someone for a mistake he didnt make simply doesnt sit well with me.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Greedy_Juice69 Go to original post
    Yeah thats the thing unless you bring a 5 stack you cant rely on your teammates being smart and working as a team. If that one guy rushes in and dies without doing any srs damage on the defense its bad enough for his teammates. But if he gets interrogated it looses attack 10 seconds, a lot of map control and potentially even result in more kills if someone is in a vulerable spot.
    They will most likely not make such a fundamental change anyway but i just feel like that its a broken mechanic(Not op). I would even rate cav one of the weaker ops of defense since she really doesnt bring much utility and has a weak smg but the mechanic of punishing someone for a mistake he didnt make simply doesnt sit well with me.
    The problem being the team still made a mistake. If you know cav is on the board and someone doesnt go with the rusher then the expected result will happen.

    As it stands if you remove the interro she becomes a worse nok. Shed have little to no utility and would be a worse pick than every other roamer. As of right now the only thing letting her compete with other roamers is the interro.


    Also to borrow words from major you cant nerf her as she helps stop the rush meta(his reasoning for why lesion should stay as is).
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    NATural22cHANce's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SKOL
    Posts
    1,403
    Originally Posted by Luckydevil_010 Go to original post
    Also to borrow words from major you cant nerf her as she helps stop the rush meta(his reasoning for why lesion should stay as is).
    Agree on Cav, but funny thing about Lesion is he actually hurts you more the slower you play and the longer you let him sit around stacking soup cans. I'm actually more likely to pick him if the attackers play really slow in the first round versus if they rushed. Not to say he doesn't hurt rushers but it's interesting that so many players think of him as a rush-stopper when rushing actually cuts down on how many mines you have a chance to run into.
    Share this post