Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    Yeah it's pretty obvious that UBi is moving toward making Siege more of a run and gun style game. It's not COD garbage by any means but to us launch players it's definitely not the same game.
    Originally Posted by Nievenn Go to original post
    As you often do ubi, you turned a very linear and naturalistic map into an unbelievable, gamy maze. I don't understand the philosophy behind these map changes.. what the hell are your parameters? why can't we have realistic maps based on real life places, and leave it at that, without gameplay adjustments (that cater to who??)? why do we have to have huge maps with infinite corridors and useless rooms? it's stressfull and makes life impossible for the attackers and way too easy for the defenders, maps need to have chokepoints so that the defenders have to make a choice about their positioning, if you keep making every map so interconnected you just promote the run ' n gun across the map and individualistic approach, where everyone tries to cover as much ground as possible and they never truly play together.. this game is 5 vs 5, such huge maps don't go well with this in my and many other people's opinion.

the best things that I always loved about this game was trying to breach the garage on House with coordination, holding chokepoints to cover your teammates, laying siege to the objective room from far away and realizing there are only 30 seconds on the clock and the defenders made masterful use of cover... now you just make kill-houses for the kids who don't even care about tactics, team-play, sinergy, the only thing they do is jack the volume in their headphones and roam/enter alone to get kills.. you're killing the true spirit of this game ubi, I am sorry but it's true, what used to be a tactical game based on tactical decisions is now a game of who shoots first.. and don't get me wrong Siege has probably the best gunplay of every fps, but it's being used for all the wrong reasons and the wrong people..
    They do what they feel like doing, they are trying to change the meta of the game, this is the wrong game to do so, but ubisoft just won't listen.

why can't we have realistic maps based on real life places, and leave it at that, without gameplay adjustments (that cater to who?
    What - you don't store your TRACTORS on the top floor of a 3rd story building that has no feasible means of entrance or egress like they do in Hereford Base?

Yeah. Some of the design decisions they make on these map redesigns are absolutely 100% driven not by any sense of 'realism' and don't even have a foot in any remote sense of reality. They're just clearly just 'game' decisions that get made to satisfy an in-game objective rather than actually make any sense. And - sadly - yes, many of these sorts of decisions by Ubi are obviously made to cater to the 0.01% of tournament level teams. Who cares that the decisions result in an awful experience in Terrorist Hunts or Hostage?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by BillNyePGuy Go to original post
    Goyo alone is killing the run n gun meta. Kanal rework is fine.
    Maybe for attackers, but defenders can still run and gun freely. I'm tired of the maps just not "flowing" anymore. Nothing about them feels organic or natural. It's like the maps I used to make my first run with the TimeSplitters map editor back on PS2. I had no idea how to do it and it was just confusion and garbage.

If you speak from an ESL perspective I can understand you, but in doing so you completely forgetthat 98% only play this game for fun, and we just follow along like morons sometimes but I assure you that a lot of people are puzzled by some decisions that ubisoft took in this game, a lot of good ones and a lot of bad ones but the problem is only some are addressed and the list has grown very long at this point.. personally I just want rainbow six siege 2, we need to restart because it's getting a bit stale and a lot less cohesive as a game.

Kanal just needed a couple windows permanently closed, then it would have been a perfectly fine map. The fact that you only have one way through the two parts of the building is an interesting thing, not "unbalanced" or anything, a FUN dynamic that can go incredibly well or incredibly bad.. if you play for money you don't want this kind of uncertainty and so you want to dumb down the game and make it simpler.. I can understand, but most people don't want that
     1 people found this helpful

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Nievenn Go to original post
    If you speak from an ESL perspective I can understand you, but in doing so you completely forgetthat 98% only play this game for fun, and we just follow along like morons sometimes but I assure you that a lot of people are puzzled by some decisions that ubisoft took in this game, a lot of good ones and a lot of bad ones but the problem is only some are addressed and the list has grown very long at this point.. personally I just want rainbow six siege 2, we need to restart because it's getting a bit stale and a lot less cohesive as a game.

Kanal just needed a couple windows permanently closed, then it would have been a perfectly fine map. The fact that you only have one way through the two parts of the building is an interesting thing, not "unbalanced" or anything, a FUN dynamic that can go incredibly well or incredibly bad.. if you play for money you don't want this kind of uncertainty and so you want to dumb down the game and make it simpler.. I can understand, but most people don't want that
    And this why casual players never should make balance changes, no offense man. Siege is competive shooter and maps should always be balanced. I dont play money and im not even that good but i love competive shooters and now there is thousands and thousands others too who wants that siege is competive and balanced. That 98% is not true not in anyway. This forum is literally only place where people always cry about esl and other things and here is maybe 20 active writers so please give some source that your facts are right and that most people doesent want it? Im waiting.

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ali94Bhi Go to original post
    Agreeed, game won't last long for veterans!
    It's the end.
    Well i know plenty of veterans who love the game sooo who is right me or you?
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Watermelon's Avatar Community Representative
    I personally love it. Kanal was one of my favourite maps before the rework and it's looking like it'll stay as one of my favourites now after a couple weeks playing it.

Also I cannot stress enough that as some people keep saying "only pros are listened to" are not correct. If only pro players were listened to the game would be vastly different, feedback is taken from everywhere all over the community, as well as the balancing teams own direction they want the game in.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Watermelon Go to original post
    I personally love it. Kanal was one of my favourite maps before the rework and it's looking like it'll stay as one of my favourites now after a couple weeks playing it.

Also I cannot stress enough that as some people keep saying "only pros are listened to" are not correct. If only pro players were listened to the game would be vastly different, feedback is taken from everywhere all over the community, as well as the balancing teams own direction they want the game in.
    Ngl its quite frustrating that CLASH didnt get a buff in 7 months now. And the shield nerfs... why?... blitz is even more of a free kill now. Glaz is overall uesless and wardens buff didnt change anything. Its been nearly 4 years and tachanka still hasnt seen a rework yet. For some reason twitch and thratcher needed a buff to take out evil eyes. Nkk might be too strong with an ar but why not buff the godforsaken fmg9? Lions rework made him a bit underpowered but the broken aspect of something happening to you once you move is still not fixed... Jackal gets a nerf despite underperforming.
    This is just a list of the balancing failures of the last 2 seasons. I really dont know what the balancing team is thinking. I think they took a mixture of the worst ideas casual players, ranked players, pros and the balancing team itself honestly.

Originally Posted by BillNyePGuy Go to original post
    Goyo alone is killing the run n gun meta. Kanal rework is fine.
    It's fine for defenders they can roam easy... it's gun n run for defenders, drone checking won't help much coz of the number of rooms and free space defenders have to roam, all large maps are not welcomed in siege.. and till date never happened to see a large map in pro league too. That's because those maps or maps like kanal are not made for Siege. We need maps like Villa .. the latest map which was great for siege.. the rest was the worst maps that we got, reworked kanal didn't got the enough care from ubisoft they just given us the previous map with some more rooms !!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Watermelon Go to original post

Let me preface this with the its just my first impression id have to get a lot more play time on it. Im not going to lie tried it after work and hated it. Its very similar to the hereford rework where the basic layout is the same but just with a crap ton more rooms. Its the same reason that hereford, fortress, and to some extent tower all failed.