You destroyed Kanal

As you often do ubi, you turned a very linear and naturalistic map into an unbelievable, gamy maze. I don't understand the philosophy behind these map changes.. what the hell are your parameters? why can't we have realistic maps based on real life places, and leave it at that, without gameplay adjustments (that cater to who??)? why do we have to have huge maps with infinite corridors and useless rooms? it's stressfull and makes life impossible for the attackers and way too easy for the defenders, maps need to have chokepoints so that the defenders have to make a choice about their positioning, if you keep making every map so interconnected you just promote the run ' n gun across the map and individualistic approach, where everyone tries to cover as much ground as possible and they never truly play together.. this game is 5 vs 5, such huge maps don't go well with this in my and many other people's opinion.

the best things that I always loved about this game was trying to breach the garage on House with coordination, holding chokepoints to cover your teammates, laying siege to the objective room from far away and realizing there are only 30 seconds on the clock and the defenders made masterful use of cover... now you just make kill-houses for the kids who don't even care about tactics, team-play, sinergy, the only thing they do is jack the volume in their headphones and roam/enter alone to get kills.. you're killing the true spirit of this game ubi, I am sorry but it's true, what used to be a tactical game based on tactical decisions is now a game of who shoots first.. and don't get me wrong Siege has probably the best gunplay of every fps, but it's being used for all the wrong reasons and the wrong people..
     7 people found this helpful

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Nievenn Go to original post
    As you often do ubi, you turned a very linear and naturalistic map into an unbelievable, gamy maze. I don't understand the philosophy behind these map changes.. what the hell are your parameters? why can't we have realistic maps based on real life places, and leave it at that, without gameplay adjustments (that cater to who??)? why do we have to have huge maps with infinite corridors and useless rooms? it's stressfull and makes life impossible for the attackers and way too easy for the defenders, maps need to have chokepoints so that the defenders have to make a choice about their positioning, if you keep making every map so interconnected you just promote the run ' n gun across the map and individualistic approach, where everyone tries to cover as much ground as possible and they never truly play together.. this game is 5 vs 5, such huge maps don't go well with this in my and many other people's opinion.

the best things that I always loved about this game was trying to breach the garage on House with coordination, holding chokepoints to cover your teammates, laying siege to the objective room from far away and realizing there are only 30 seconds on the clock and the defenders made masterful use of cover... now you just make kill-houses for the kids who don't even care about tactics, team-play, sinergy, the only thing they do is jack the volume in their headphones and roam/enter alone to get kills.. you're killing the true spirit of this game ubi, I am sorry but it's true, what used to be a tactical game based on tactical decisions is now a game of who shoots first.. and don't get me wrong Siege has probably the best gunplay of every fps, but it's being used for all the wrong reasons and the wrong people..
    Kanal is really good map now, it has good bomb sites and room to rotate. On old map there was just one corridor to rotate and it was too easy to attackers to hold roamers. Its not that big its pretty simple map. I think its really balanced now imo, i played it on TS too much and now in liveplay little bit.

House is fun map, defenders can kill every single attacker outside with ez Its worst map in entire game with plane and favella, they are so unbalanced its not even fun. Kanal was worst map too but now its good.

You need coordination and teamwork in siege atleast in higher ranks.
     3 people found this helpful

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Haven't played the new version yet but I really liked the old Kanal and did not think it needed a re work. Hope the new version is better than OP is saying but his description sounds just like what UBi has done to other beloved maps so I'm skeptical.
     1 people found this helpful

I am not at all looking forward to playing this newly reworked 3-speed roamer funhouse. I am tired of Ubi reworking good vanilla maps to make things easier for the kinds of *******s who have already are ruined this game use to be.
     2 people found this helpful

The new design is a lot more balanced because of several path you can roam, long corridors to even snipe inside, a lot of angles and a lot less chokepoints so both teams play on an even field

All reworked map are just not good, i really hate the new map they didn't made many changes, it just worst than before i hope they will remove it from rank. No real efforts to make it better.

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DarthCynical Go to original post
    I am not at all looking forward to playing this newly reworked 3-speed roamer funhouse. I am tired of Ubi reworking good vanilla maps to make things easier for the kinds of *******s who have already are ruined this game use to be.
    Yeah it's pretty obvious that UBi is moving toward making Siege more of a run and gun style game. It's not COD garbage by any means but to us launch players it's definitely not the same game.

Gotta cater to the Esports crowd. Because 0.001% of the player base should always dictate the entire meta.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    Yeah it's pretty obvious that UBi is moving toward making Siege more of a run and gun style game. It's not COD garbage by any means but to us launch players it's definitely not the same game.
    Agreeed, game won't last long for veterans!
    It's the end.
     3 people found this helpful

Goyo alone is killing the run n gun meta. Kanal rework is fine.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►