cnbankston's Avatar Junior Member

AC Syndicate Ned Missions

When I go to the Ned marker in the train station, Ned is there but doesn't offer any missions. How do I get Ned missions?

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there cnbankston,

I believe that the Ned missions spawn and disappear randomly. Do you see the markers on the map overview?

The only "N" marker on my map is in the train station. Is there some other kind of marker I should look for? I watched a video that involved hijacking a wagon, but it started with talking to Ned. When I find Ned there is no prompt for conversation or starting a mission.

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    With the exception of the introduction cutscene, the Ned missions don't start with him. The Ned missions are the cargo hijack mission you find around London.

I watched a video of Ned Wynert Missions. Each started from a hijack symbol on the map. My map shows none of those symbols. My level 9 characters have been all over the map and cleared most of it. They have done Ned's introductory mission. All gang upgrades have been purchased except for the Ale Heist column that requires completion of Mission Ned Wynert. How can I complete the mission(s) without the mission symbols?

Ned's mission symbols are on my map legend but nowhere on the map.

Just to be clear - you have had both his introduction immediately after taking over the train AND you have been to his marker on the map (he's inside the station) and spoken to him?

If so, that's odd...

Yes, I have done both, but I now have no option to speak to him in the station, and his mission markers are not on my map. My progress log has no section for Ned.

Huh. Must've glitched out, I'm afraid to say.

Is there a particular memory I could try repeating to see whether it would reset Ned? As I mentioned, my Progress Tracker has no section for Ned.

Not even a greyed out one? That is VERY odd. There's only two missions he's directly involved in (his intro after you get the train and a rescue mission), and I don't think either of them would do it, since they're not linked to his side missions.

The only thing I can suggest, if you have any save backups, is to backtrack - I sometimes have to do that to fix an issue where the Perks glitch out on me - and try talking to him in the station again.