No audible dialog in Discover Tour with surround sound

I've been looking forward to AC Odyssey Discovery Tour for quite a long time, only to discover that there is no audible dialog.

All dialog is present while playing the main story. However, in Discovery Tour I hear all environmental sounds and music, but no dialog.

I'm using my motherboard's on-board Realtek ALC887 soundcard to output 5.1 multichannel PCM audio to my AV receiver. All 6 speakers are otherwise fully functional, and all sound, including dialog, is present during normal gameplay.

When I reconfigure my audio device in Windows to Stereo I am able to hear the dialog audio in Discovery Tour.

I am able to swap audio modes during game play so it is very easy to try various settings. However the only settings where the dialog is audible are Stereo and Quadraphonic.

I've also tried various settings, like toggling full-range surround speakers, 24 bit 48khz-192khz, and none seem to make a difference.

All in-game audio settings are standard.

Is there any way to be able to hear the tour dialog while using surround sound?

It appears there was an intermittent problem with my receiver's center channel. While troubleshooting, it began making a fizzling sound, and eventually restored to normal volume.

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I am pleased your issue is resolved.

I hope you enjoy exploring Ancient Greece