Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes on the movement request/idea. As it is---it's a BIG step backwards from GRW.

LaMOi's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Bone_Frog Go to original post

You ask for "realism" and want the operator to throw away perfectly good ammo as punishment for sound tactics, than ask for this fairytale stuff?
    I’m simply suggesting the ‘realistic’ reload in Ghost mode.
    Im just asking for something that corresponds with what the character does on screen. He throws away his mag doesn’t he? I can’t remember...
    But the ‘realistic reload’ as you’ve pointed out is clearly not that realistic....!

It’s fine, that was actually one thing that I wasn’t so bothered about.

I’m far more bothered about ammo and resource abundance in the world and having resources be more scarce so as to make you more mindful of managing the gear and resources you have.
    I also want the scenario of actually running out of bullets for at least my primary weapon (which never happened in Wildlands). Having my back to the wall and having to use my wits to stay alive.
    I want that feeling of being a lone operative trapped behind enemy lines, having exploration and scavenging be crucial to find supplies and the things I need to survive.

Regarding inventory — One thing that was a real pain in the beta was to keep pausing the game and switching out the only two slots that are available for gear such as grenades, C4, Mines, diversion lures, flashbangs... etc. And having to continuously cycle the gear you need in combat through repeated trips to the menus.

So being able to make a few extra slots available for the gear you want to use would be appreciated.

Bone_Frog's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LaMOi Go to original post
    I’m simply suggesting the ‘realistic’ reload in Ghost mode.
    Im just asking for something that corresponds with what the character does on screen. He throws away his mag doesn’t he? I can’t remember...
    But the ‘realistic reload’ as you’ve pointed out is clearly not that realistic....!

It’s fine, that was actually one thing that I wasn’t so bothered about.

I’m far more bothered about ammo and resource abundance in the world and having resources be more scarce so as to make you more mindful of managing the gear and resources you have.
    I also want the scenario of actually running out of bullets for at least my primary weapon (which never happened in Wildlands). Having my back to the wall and having to use my wits to stay alive.
    I want that feeling of being a lone operative trapped behind enemy lines, having exploration and scavenging be crucial to find supplies and the things I need to survive.

Regarding inventory — One thing that was a real pain in the beta was to keep pausing the game and switching out the only two slots that are available for gear such as grenades, C4, Mines, diversion lures, flashbangs... etc. And having to continuously cycle the gear you need in combat through repeated trips to the menus.

So being able to make a few extra slots available for the gear you want to use would be appreciated.
    Yeah when my Nomad was packing a couple thousand rounds of ammo in 9mm, .45, 5.56, 7.62 and .338 yeah I was a little disappointed in resource management. What bothered me even more was that I also couldn't stash this. If I spawned a Bivi or went back to Erewhon, I lost that ammo.

Personally I wish those other gear slots were locked when not in Bivi. Didn't bring flash crashes along? Too bad for you. Going after a Behemoth and didn't bring a rocket launcher... whoops... Having this huge ruck of gear... just seems odd, especially in the quantities that we carry. It's like weight isn't a thing.
     1 people found this helpful

First of all, if you fire five rounds, and are not under immediate enemy fire, yes you change mags. That is smart tactical doctrine. You really don't want your weapon going black when you are pushing up and actively engaged, I don't care how fast your reload speed is.

Secondly having the ammo go back into an ammo pool is far more realistic than throwing away a partial mag because you are doing a tactical reload. That was the sort of thing that would get the phase 3 BUD/S instructors to reward you with getting wet and sandy(we called it sugar cookie) every hour on the hour for a day or two. As would not reloading with a full mag while in cover. Really this is tactics 101.

Finally it isn't an either or in gaming. I've put up videos of another Ubisoft game that has a magazine management system. Granted then I wouldn't be able to carry those 500 rounds of 5.56 and another 500 of 7.62 like I was by the time Beta came to an end.

You ask for "realism" and want the operator to throw away perfectly good ammo as punishment for sound tactics, than ask for this fairytale stuff?
    How about quick press of reload does a quick reload where you discard your mag completely including rounds in them and hold the reload for a slightly longer reload but you save the mag for later?

If you're in a firefight a quick reload is what you want and tbh I bet you wouldn't care about stowing the mag if bullets are flying close, lol. Of course if you're behind cover you can do the longer reload but I would guess the majority of time in a firefight you'd be bleeding that mag dry before reloading anyways.

Yeah when my Nomad was packing a couple thousand rounds of ammo in 9mm, .45, 5.56, 7.62 and .338 yeah I was a little disappointed in resource management. What bothered me even more was that I also couldn't stash this. If I spawned a Bivi or went back to Erewhon, I lost that ammo.

Personally I wish those other gear slots were locked when not in Bivi. Didn't bring flash crashes along? Too bad for you. Going after a Behemoth and didn't bring a rocket launcher... whoops... Having this huge ruck of gear... just seems odd, especially in the quantities that we carry. It's like weight isn't a thing.
    I agree — would be good for the option of having gear locked outside of bivi...

But would definitely like 5-6 slots with overall gear weight limit and I take what gear I want, within the weight limit...
    I don’t see why I’m forced to take rations or syringes.

Small easy to do tweak: let us edit our character's hair color, it's weird that we can edit scars but not hair color.
    Bonus: let us edit anything like we could in Wildlands post-patching. I mean, we already have skins that changes everything from gender and skin color to the clothing our character wears.

Not so easy to have: a ghost/hardcore mode preferably without perma death but with more emphasis on survival (getting injured more often, having to be more mindful of our stamina/fatigue) and preparation (bigger incentive to use food consumables and camp bonuses).

Originally Posted by H3llKnightX88 Go to original post

Not so easy to have: a ghost/hardcore mode preferably without perma death but with more emphasis on survival (getting injured more often, having to be more mindful of our stamina/fatigue) and preparation (bigger incentive to use food consumables and camp bonuses).

Would prefer OPTIONS as opposed to ‘Modes’ — just because with modes there may be features you want, but like wise there maybe features you don’t.

With options you can then customise the experience yourself.

Originally Posted by LaMOi Go to original post
    Would prefer OPTIONS as opposed to ‘Modes’ — just because with modes there may be features you want, but like wise there maybe features you don’t.

With options you can then customise the experience yourself.
    Good point.

Originally Posted by H3llKnightX88 Go to original post
    Small easy to do tweak: let us edit our character's hair color, it's weird that we can edit scars but not hair color.
    Bonus: let us edit anything like we could in Wildlands post-patching. I mean, we already have skins that changes everything from gender and skin color to the clothing our character wears.

I think 2 separate modes as i like the ghost mode\perma death as it makes it proper sweaty. Think a second mode with perma death turned of called "survival" with those elemant, similar to how Withcher 3 hardest mode forced you to eat and drink just to have basic full health.

I forgot to add Stamina options!